Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Tripod Head Recommendation...again?(Budget $200+ or below)

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,884

    Default Re: Tripod Head Recommendation...again?(Budget $200+ or below)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan11
    Why not increase yr budget a little bit more and buy a kangrinpoche head. They are slighty cheaper in terms of prices as compared to Markins and performs equally on par.

    Kangrinpoche.....Looks like markins, how much is it and where can see it?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,884

    Default Re: Tripod Head Recommendation...again?(Budget $200+ or below)

    Just check past threads, Kangrinpoche price is almost like Markins, better to get Markins right?

    I dun mind paying $100 more, but not$300+ more lah

  3. #23
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: Tripod Head Recommendation...again?(Budget $200+ or below)

    Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    Just check past threads, Kangrinpoche price is almost like Markins, better to get Markins right?

    I dun mind paying $100 more, but not$300+ more lah
    There is a place called Cathay photo's tripod section...
    can go there check out watever ballheads that u like and can ask advise from the ppl there
    if u wan can also bring yr full equipment over there to try out the workload of the ballhead/tripod... which will give u more confident in the product that u are goin to buy.

    everything is worth a cent that u paying for, depends on how u look at it.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,884

    Default Re: Tripod Head Recommendation...again?(Budget $200+ or below)

    Quote Originally Posted by swhyge
    I am using the 3401 and 488RC2 (also has 0550pro and 322, but first 2 combi is better for travelling - also dun why many recommended me 322 is good travelling??? bulky and not that fantastic)

    Already briefed you my feedback already.

    Now looking for M10 or RRS BH40. (ideally I want M10 +RRS lever release). Think BH40 is good for travelling....

    BTW, 488RC2 'shifts' when tighten. Give you that 'Alamak' feeling when doing macro. (again if can reverse time, I will not buy this head - it is not here not there head, IMHO)
    Can you tell me more about your Feisol 3401 and 488RC2 combi? my 488 dun anyhow shift leh? Is it heavy for the tripod?

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,884

    Default Re: Tripod Head Recommendation...again?(Budget $200+ or below)

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    There is a place called Cathay photo's tripod section...
    can go there check out watever ballheads that u like and can ask advise from the ppl there
    if u wan can also bring yr full equipment over there to try out the workload of the ballhead/tripod... which will give u more confident in the product that u are goin to buy.

    everything is worth a cent that u paying for, depends on how u look at it.
    Thanks for your advice...was going to do that but heard Gitzo's new stock not in yet and promo for old stock just over....dun want to go there and tryout already, didn't buy....not nice lah.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Tripod Head Recommendation...again?(Budget $200+ or below)

    Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    Can you tell me more about your Feisol 3401 and 488RC2 combi? my 488 dun anyhow shift leh? Is it heavy for the tripod?

    i dunno if your canon L lens is equivalent to the Nikon 80-200AFD/80-200AFS/70-200VR in terms of weight but the FOBA super M-1 ballhead can definitely handle that anytime. I've used that b4

    One thing though there's no tension control.

    ANywayz, selling one with the plate. Lemme know if u're interested

  7. #27
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: Tripod Head Recommendation...again?(Budget $200+ or below)

    Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    Thanks for your advice...was going to do that but heard Gitzo's new stock not in yet and promo for old stock just over....dun want to go there and tryout already, didn't buy....not nice lah.
    if they dun have the stocks that u wan then got to wait lo... mean while can go and have some "sneak" preview of other products.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,884

    Default Re: Tripod Head Recommendation...again?(Budget $200+ or below)

    A bit pai sey, to try try but dun buy leh. Anyway will go there to see see look look first.

  9. #29
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default Re: Tripod Head Recommendation...again?(Budget $200+ or below)

    Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    A bit pai sey, to try try but dun buy leh. Anyway will go there to see see look look first.
    hi max, the tension control is really useful.
    once u tried it hard to go back to another ballhead w/o tension control.

    ballhead is like a one time investment to me.
    get a good one, dun need to upgrade in the future

    my 2cents

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,884

    Default Re: Tripod Head Recommendation...again?(Budget $200+ or below)

    thanks for all the advise.....thread closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •