View Poll Results: Which one is a better buy?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chevroloet 1.4L 5 Door Hatchback

16 55.17%
  • Hyundai 1.4L 5 Door Hatchback

13 44.83%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getz Vs Aveo

Default Re: Getz Vs Aveo

Quote Originally Posted by zekai
    yeah man the swift is beautiful... very cute
    yeah not bad, but has lost the badass street cred compared to the old GTi

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    Aiyo one is actually a Daewoo leh. Anyway, rich lah you can afford cars!

Rich your head!

Paying comfort about $300+ per mth just for home-work-home alone. If I factor in go out with wifey, midnite supper travelling, seems like getting a cheap car of $400+ per mth is hrm... still manageable.

In fact, I even thought of getting a 93 Lancer @ $13.8k, about $148 per mth. Kakakk, but on second thought? Hrm.. fork out a little more for new car seems to be a better option. A cheap cheap one will do.

Anyway, my working place parking is free, no cbd, no erp.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    In fact, I even thought of getting a 93 Lancer @ $13.8k, about $148 per mth. Kakakk, but on second thought? Hrm.. fork out a little more for new car seems to be a better option. A cheap cheap one will do.
    I'm somewhat thinking about the same thing for myself.. and looking at a picanto even..

Rich your head!

Paying comfort about $300+ per mth just for home-work-home alone. If I factor in go out with wifey, midnite supper travelling, seems like getting a cheap car of $400+ per mth is hrm... still manageable.

have to factor in the season parking,road tax,insurance,car servicing,tyres change,and PETROL! almost $2 per litre liao..

easily exceed ur $500 budget per mth..

have u consider a van like caddy instead ?

drink diesel only..
    Last edited by kex; 14th October 2005 at 12:46 PM.

Ermm....Chervolets HERE IN SG or asiapac (impt difference) are basically Daewoos....chassis, manufacturing line and stuff. Buying over and that kinda stuff, that's why Daewoo not in the scene. Daewoos were bad and very bad repu last time. If you dare to try, no problems....but i'd advise let it run for a while first even if you can stand the bad repute.

Togu, get a Sunny or Lancer lar. Can't go wrong with so cheap prices. If you have owned a car before, you will find that the basic car price is nothing. You see the loading/year and subsequent years on the insurance (for new car or you bang and there goes your NCD and low premium) and the diff between a Sunny and Aveo is peanuts. Not even factoring auntie fines, carpark at home + office /fuel/ERP.

Quote Originally Posted by stk
    I'm somewhat thinking about the same thing for myself.. and looking at a picanto even..

I can't fit into a piccanto.

Kex, er ..yes, the $500 is for the car installments only. I'm setting a side another $300-350 for the fuel, and blah blah. Hrm... if anytime exceed, park the car in the car park.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Togu, get a Sunny or Lancer lar. Can't go wrong with so cheap prices. If you have owned a car before, you will find that the basic car price is nothing. You see the loading/year and subsequent years on the insurance (for new car or you bang and there goes your NCD and low premium) and the diff between a Sunny and Aveo is peanuts. Not even factoring auntie fines, carpark at home + office /fuel/ERP.
    That's what I thought initially. But when wifey heard gotta pay more then $500 per mth, she said "you take cab better".

Frankly speaking, I'm treating it like paying a rental of $400+ every month to solve my transport problem. I'm actually not buying anything. Trying hard not to let the car become a burden to me.

Heh, this reminds me of the time when I'm getting my house. $140k for a 86sqf 4rm, everyone is like, wah, your house so small, etc. But now I'm paying only $60+ to HDB monthly. Heheh, to certain extent, it's like almost neglectable.

So just thinking unless there's big big problem with the Aveo, it's 1 option within my comfort range.
    Last edited by togu; 14th October 2005 at 01:45 PM.

You may have a look at that esp after overhauling it to ensure it will serve you well.
    This is because many new car buyers did not figure that they will be stuck with negative equity in the loans. (basically the loan amount ends up more than the value of the car... so even if sell/scrap car, the person still ave to pay the bank a large sum of money.) Many people who went out & buy new cars are stuck in this situation. One of my friends really freaked out when i calculated for him thet should he sell/scrap his current car he still have to pay the bank the shortfall of $22000..... Did another calculation for him & told him that he has to hold on to his car for another 4-5 years before breaking even. Do think about that if you wanna buy the Getz. you will be stuck with the car for 7+ years or so (because od the -ve equity thingy)
    Last edited by tush; 14th October 2005 at 03:57 PM.

That's what I thought initially. But when wifey heard gotta pay more then $500 per mth, she said "you take cab better".
    To support a car in S'pore... the min. is $1K. Should budget for about $1.2K monthly if wanna get car (more if want the mid to higer range ones)

in actual fact......

$400 installment + $400 petrol monthly. Once you buy a car have to prepare for all these and extras, like summon, season parking..etc. Or unless u buy second hand cars, but it's a risk also.

Lancer is pretty cool and good, Sunnys have a "reputation" in sg. Seen Aveos being towed away for a few times, I would'nt trust a rebadged car..just my thoughts
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by tush
    To support a car in S'pore... the min. is $1K. Should budget for about $1.2K monthly if wanna get car (more if want the mid to higer range ones)
    True, i calculate that even for a picanto i'll probably need $1k, if sunny then about $1.2k..

Quote Originally Posted by tush
    You may have a look at that esp after overhauling it to ensure it will serve you well.
    This is because many new car buyers did not figure that they will be stuck with negative equity in the loans. (basically the loan amount ends up more than the value of the car... so even if sell/scrap car, the person still ave to pay the bank a large sum of money.) Many people who went out & buy new cars are stuck in this situation. One of my friends really freaked out when i calculated for him thet should he sell/scrap his current car he still have to pay the bank the shortfall of $22000..... Did another calculation for him & told him that he has to hold on to his car for another 4-5 years before breaking even. Do think about that if you wanna buy the Getz. you will be stuck with the car for 7+ years or so (because od the -ve equity thingy)

That's the worse part of it.

5 vs 5 votes! Seems like the difference of about 6-7k is attractive.

5 vs 5 votes! Seems like the difference of about 6-7k is attractive.
    Yes, I know of several people who weren't aware that driving a car costs much more than paying the mthly loan.

There're also:
    a) Road tax ($80-$100+ a mth, depending on engine capacity)
    b) Petrol ($200+ a mth usually, depending on mileage)
    c) Insurance ($80-$100+ a mth, depending on yr age etc, claim experience)
    d) Parking ($90 a mth for HDB multi-storey car park)
    e) Servicing/repairs (good to budget around $50/mth)

So, it all adds up ... .

MW

Budget Constraint?

Get Chevrolet. 50+k is too expensive for a Getz...Dun buy

Go for the Aveo!

Few months back, I was deciding on the Aveo... good headroom, solid built and spacious. Was quite decided on it until I saw the Optra. After much thought, got the Optra instead as I figure I might be need the space. Ok, got to admit, it's unique and has speed ( so heavy yet can do 0-100km/h in 11.5secs for auto ).

Buying a car, there is more to it than budgeting alone. For me, it gives me better time management and more freedom. The monthly and yearly payments are harsh, but what is lost in terms of money, the gain is in time. Spend weekdays going out... shopping ( weekday less crowd, think your wifey will be happy ), grocery shopping ( buy in bulk saves money too ), go for supper far far away, maybe a short holiday driving up malaysia? the list go on and on. Working is already stressful, so must find avenues to de-stress.

Not that our transportation system is not efficient, my needs are special, I live in Punggol, with a vehicle, places are more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by kklee
    Go for the Aveo!

Few months back, I was deciding on the Aveo... good headroom, solid built and spacious. Was quite decided on it until I saw the Optra. After much thought, got the Optra instead as I figure I might be need the space. Ok, got to admit, it's unique and has speed ( so heavy yet can do 0-100km/h in 11.5secs for auto ).

Buying a car, there is more to it than budgeting alone. For me, it gives me better time management and more freedom. The monthly and yearly payments are harsh, but what is lost in terms of money, the gain is in time. Spend weekdays going out... shopping ( weekday less crowd, think your wifey will be happy ), grocery shopping ( buy in bulk saves money too ), go for supper far far away, maybe a short holiday driving up malaysia? the list go on and on. Working is already stressful, so must find avenues to de-stress.

Not that our transportation system is not efficient, my needs are special, I live in Punggol, with a vehicle, places are more accessible.

MOre time and more outing with wifey, that's definitely the major factor to get a car. Hrm.. but not for shopping tho.

Why not consider a Toyota Vios? The new facelift version is coming out. Also has low fuel consumption (especially the manual transmission version). Around 50+k (Checked at BM). Since it's a Toyota, It holds a high resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    Why not consider a Toyota Vios? The new facelift version is coming out. Also has low fuel consumption (especially the manual transmission version). Around 50+k (Checked at BM). Since it's a Toyota, It holds a high resale value.
    $49988 based on their site : https://www.borneomotors.com.sg/toyo...Price_Main.cfm

don't have good impression both models, if intend to keep and use the car for e.g. 7-10 years, i would prefer reliable brands like Toyota/Honda.

for point A to B travel can try get the manual Picanto. does the job well. fuel consumption about 16+km/L shouldnt be hard to achieve. me driving auto one about 12-14km/L.

for installment one month about$300+ for 10 year loan lor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast