Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Beauties of Nikon versus Canon (Film + Digital)

Originally posted by tomshen

She has TWO F100s and ONE D100 plus a LOT of good lenses, right? Maybe I should switch system if cheap enough
    aiyo... you all just exchange can liao lor!
    hehehhehheheee.....

Yup! Me planning to *chop* Dagger's camera and some lens as well at cheap cheap price...

Dagger: SELL SELL SELL!!!

Originally posted by Larry
    AYE!!!! can i view the stuff today???? Canon is better then Nikon (ahem!!)!!! so switch switch switch!!!!!!

but if you do decide to switch systems 100%, i 'chope' your lenses first...
    OK. If only I switch and don't want the lense.

hey!!! line up first!!!

hey i know i know... you swop systems with her lah!!!
    Not a bad idea. hmmm...

Originally posted by NitroTech

AYE!!!! can i view the stuff today???? Canon is better then Nikon (ahem!!)!!! so switch switch switch!!!!!!
    Keep trying ....

Cute! You guys are one kind....! Keep on working harder boys!

Originally posted by scanner
    Yup! Me planning to *chop* Dagger's camera and some lens as well at cheap cheap price...
    Very funny. Cheap2 price eh?

Originally posted by Bluestrike

aiyo... you all just exchange can liao lor!
    hehehhehheheee.....
    kekekeke....

Originally posted by Jed
    I wouldn't worry about the 1D/1Ds. The 1D really only is a sportsperson's camera. The 1Ds is nice, but then Nikon/Kodak have one coming out in December that will cost half the price. Go figure!
    why is everyone going gaga over this new Kodak?
    there has been no image samples, so the quality is quite unknown. you would think if it's really shipping in Dec by now there would be samples. (unless i missed them). Nobody has really used the prototype too.

Also, it's based on the F80 body, which puts it in a different class from the 1V based body of the 1Ds, with all the usual pro body benefits - faster AF, weather sealed all metal body etc etc etc.......

and it doesn't mean Canon wouldn't slash it price either closer to shipping date. In fact, they have a history of doing that in the face of competition (witness the D60 / D100 price war)

so whether the Kodak is really a better value, well we'll just have to wait and see.....

Canon user later finding German glass is better? Red Dawn, oh Red Dawn...
    yes?

can't remember if i ever said, in no uncertain terms, that German glass is better than Japanese ones. Possibly not me. I don't think i made my opinions explicitly about the glass. Certainly I have lots about camera systems as a whole

Seriously though, top Swiss camera manufacturing company (Hasselblad if you must know) has decided that Japanese glass is indeed respectable enough to ping on the front of their cameras. Fujinon, not Zeiss, are producing the lenses for the new H1 autofocus 645 camera. Then again it might have something to do with Zeiss' own interest in the Contax 645; but if the good folks at Hassie are as pro German / anti-Japanese as some people around, do you really think they would even produce a camera that might sully their good name?
    but if Contax refuses to supply them the glass, who else are they going to get it from?

Optical quality was also superb, possibly due to the precision ground aspherical element, which is extremely costly. Whether Canon uses one I do not know, but that would at least explain the relative lack of price difference between the two Nikon offerings (the 17-35 doesn't).
    Canon uses 3 Aspherical Elements plus 2 UD (Ultra low dispersion) glass made of fluorite, so i don't thinkthe cost is that low either.

Is the Nikon 17-35 all metal?
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Red Dawn
    hmmm.... is this a trick question? i believe the AFS Nikkor 17-35 f/2.8 has glass in the middle, otherwise how can the light reach the film/CCD?

Originally posted by Darren
    hmmm.... is this a trick question? i believe the AFS Nikkor 17-35 f/2.8 has glass in the middle, otherwise how can the light reach the film/CCD?

hehehhahaaaa...........

There's a very rare, special edition version of the 17-35 AFS which uses a precision-drilled pinhole in place of the lens. So far, only 10 of these were made.

Regards
    CK

Blog Entries

Originally posted by ckiang
    There's a very rare, special edition version of the 17-35 AFS which uses a precision-drilled pinhole in place of the lens. So far, only 10 of these were made.
    ... or maybe Captain Kirk and crew came back thru time and showed a Nikon engineer how to make transparent aluminium?

... or maybe Captain Kirk and crew came back thru time and showed a Nikon engineer how to make transparent aluminium?
    *gasp* is that the secret Star Wars formula for transparisteel???

Blog Entries

*gasp* is that the secret Star Wars formula for transparisteel???
    hmmm.... i think Scotty referred to it as alumiglas

Originally posted by Jason Ho
    How about trying this out? :P

Nikon Lens to Canon EOS body adapter
    wow nice camera! (LOL)
    but no pins? then can only use those lenses that allow manual aperture settings... so F-manual lenses mainly?

shd have a electronic translator for nikon body LOL, then IS and USM can be used (at least *powered*) LOL
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

The lens barrel and mounting is metal. The focusing and zoom rings are of rubberized material.

Originally posted by Jason Ho
    How about trying this out? :P

Nikon Lens to Canon EOS body adapter
    now that Jason mentioned it, another reason to own Canon EOS bodies - the lens mount is bigger, so it's possible to get adapters to fit lenses from other brands.

For example, you can easily get an adapter to fit Leica R lenses on an EOS body..........can't do that with other SLRs!
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

LOL!!! IMHO I think it will be hilarious to see a Leica R lens on an EOS(or Nikon) body!!! Btw, if there are any snapshots of this combination, pls post as I would like to see!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast