Thread: Pls tell me if its too dark

Smile Pls tell me if its too dark

Hi, took this @ chinatown, pls tell me if its too dark, and if the details on the petals should be seen? I feel the mood is there, just my mind telling me that the details missing. Do give me some pointers. Thanks

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphot.../35537/cat/500
    Last edited by granni; 13th October 2005 at 01:22 AM. Reason: what happened to the image

Default Re: Pls tell me if its too dark

help u link e image over.. easier for others to see..

exposure looks fine to me, if u are trying to do a semi silhoutte, it works.. but the composition looks a bit weird.. neither here nor there.. i guess its cos you were trying to capture e sun?
    Last edited by ~Arcanic~; 14th October 2005 at 09:52 AM.

i think such compositions look nice when the bottom part of the stem/leaves is not cut off so that there is a sense of a branch hanging from the tree. right now there is a slight tension between it appearing as hanging and it appearing as growing from the bottom which is what we are used to!

i hope i am making sense

kashi

Yup, I have some gripes bout cutting it halfway at the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~

help u link e image over.. easier for others to see..

exposure looks fine to me, if u are trying to do a semi silhoutte, it works.. but the composition looks a bit weird.. neither here nor there.. i guess its cos you were trying to capture e sun?
    Hi, thanks for the pic link, i still dunno how to make it appear in the forum. Hmmm yes now u mentioned, atually i was trying to get the sun into the frame. Ok will note my composition next time round for shots like this. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie_sjr
    Yup, I have some gripes bout cutting it halfway at the bottom
    Heeheh true true. I took one of the moon with over hanging leaves. Ideed turned out nicer, will post it once that is done Thanks for the comment.

Its a nice take... yah!
    But if i were you, I would make the leaves/flowers totally blackout to leave it silhouette, to make it have more contrast... just my 2 Cents..

Just something like this.
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com