Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to improve the focusing?

Default Re: How to improve the focusing?

@sammy888 : the tripod was bundled with my camera and kit lens, so yeah I think it's not the best. I will try with a better one . For the live view I think the mirror is already up before taking photo since the sensor can already capture the view.

@DSolZ: woah much better quality, will play around more in light room

@Light Machinery: Thanks, will try in the early morning. Hope the lights are still on

Yes & the haze too.

Well Warlord85, I will say this again, the pics that you took are good enough. Improve on your technique & practice it. Also it is not necessary to have a very long exposure time. You could have easily shot the pic at ISO 200, 400 or 600. Try shooting at higher ISO & see whats your personal tolerable noise limit with the 600D. Higher ISO will giver shorter exposure time which in turn will minimize the heat wave effect & also vibrations. A sharp but slighty noisier picture is better than a clean but less sharp picture.

P.S, the digital noise will not come out in print most of the time unless you print very large. So don't worry too much about the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by warlord85 View Post
    @sammy888 : the tripod was bundled with my camera and kit lens, so yeah I think it's not the best. I will try with a better one . For the live view I think the mirror is already up before taking photo since the sensor can already capture the view.

@DSolZ: woah much better quality, will play around more in light room

@Light Machinery: Thanks, will try in the early morning. Hope the lights are still on
    Generally agree with what others have advised... just some points...

Canon 600D's base ISO is 100, so using ISO 100 to maximise quality is correct. However sometimes you have to sacrifice some quality for other factors in the exposure triangle eg shorter shutter speed on an unstable platform. That will depend on the situation and you have to judge yourself.

I also use the mirror lock up with 2 second timer delay with a wired remote (better to be kiasu I guess).

The wooden flooring at your 2nd photograph's location is not stable so sometimes your long exposure shots will turn out blur when people walk past. I guess the haze was also a factor in reducing the clarity of your photograph.

Your tripod is definitely not the best but I guess you could still use it until your budget allows (cheapest tripods + head I would recommend start from just below $200). I used a Slik tripod for sometime as well, just try not to extend the centre column if there is no need to.

Most importantly is to take more photographs and master the characteristics of your equipment, then you can maximise it

i guess stick with what u have first shoot on non windy day . a good tripod cost as much as ur 600d set le . not sure worth or not . it might be kit lens issue also.

my first camera also 600d with 18-135 image doent appear sharp when i do long exposure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12