Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which lens?

Default Re: Which lens?

tamron also have a superwide... 11-18 f4.5-5.6 Di II
    considered that?
    web | blog | fb | ig

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Seldom see people shoot landscape with wide open, even it is a low light condition, whatever lens designed, the optimum aperture for the optical to produce best result is at least close down about 2 stops.
    You donít need a fast lens for most of the landscape shots, it would be nice to use the best lens (as in lens quality) if you can afford it.

can you kindly explain this further, sorry for my ignorance

for potrait taking, which lens is suitable for indoor shooting without flash or/and with flash?

Quote Originally Posted by thobs
    can you kindly explain this further, sorry for my ignorance
    basically when shooting landscape, use a smaller aperture so that all things in the frame will be sharp, so no point having a lens with f2.8 of even f4, as u will probably be using f8 or smaller when u take the shot.
    he was refering to lens with big apertures(smaller f-number) when he said "fast" lens.
    web | blog | fb | ig

Quote Originally Posted by chilli padi
    for potrait taking, which lens is suitable for indoor shooting without flash or/and with flash?
    If you are budget constrained, get the EF 50mm f1.8 II. It's a reasonable lens with good quality and speed for indoor shots.

When you mean flash, is it built-in flash or not?
    I would recommend getting the 550ex and omni-bounce for nice (in most cases) indoor shoots.
    Eventually it will still depends on the lighting conditions and what is required.

Quote Originally Posted by EiRiK
    basically when shooting landscape, use a smaller aperture so that all things in the frame will be sharp, so no point having a lens with f2.8 of even f4, as u will probably be using f8 or smaller when u take the shot.
    he was refering to lens with big apertures(smaller f-number) when he said "fast" lens.
    thanks bro for the info

new day: new learning

Quote Originally Posted by Hoky
    If you are budget constrained, get the EF 50mm f1.8 II. It's a reasonable lens with good quality and speed for indoor shots.

When you mean flash, is it built-in flash or not?
    I would recommend getting the 550ex and omni-bounce for nice (in most cases) indoor shoots.
    Eventually it will still depends on the lighting conditions and what is required.
    say if my budget is not that constrain, will the EF 85mm f/1.8 USM be a good choice?

i meant external flash, was thinking of the 580EX? sorry bout not mentioning this earlier..

Quote Originally Posted by thobs
    thanks bro for the info

new day: new learning
    no problem. just answer with whatever little i know.
    i learnt many things from forums and other internet sites too
    web | blog | fb | ig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12