Thread: Removing uv filter

Default Removing uv filter

Hi all, i'm having trouble removing the UV filter 37mm from my Olympus kit lens.. It's very slim and there's not much grip. It's getting frustrating and i try using piler but end up scratching the uv filter.. I bougjt the auto lens cap and realise i need to remove the uv filter.. Please let me know how to remove the uv filter..

Default Re: Removing uv filter

Try with a smaller rubber band, tie it around the circumference of the filter. Use a cloth and drop around the rubber band and turn. Need to be patient and have a few rubber bands.

Nvm i give up.. I just break my uv filter lens which i got it a few days ago... I will never buy any uv lens in my life again... My fingers have so much wounds... Waste my money and strength and time... Sigh...
    Last edited by doranlum; 8th October 2015 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doranlum View Post
    Nvm i give up.. I just break my uv filter lens which i got it a few days ago... I will never buy any uv lens in my life again... My fingers have so much wounds... Waste my money and strength and time... Sigh...
    Hmmm... you get discouraged easily, don't you? Most of us have had stuck filters before. You probably tried all the wrong methods before coming here, deformed your filter, and got it stuck even more.

Next time, try one of the recommended methods in Shierwin's link. You live, you learn...

Quote Originally Posted by obfuscate View Post
    Try with a smaller rubber band, tie it around the circumference of the filter. Use a cloth and drop around the rubber band and turn. Need to be patient and have a few rubber bands.
    #lifehacks

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    Hmmm... you get discouraged easily, don't you? Most of us have had stuck filters before. You probably tried all the wrong methods before coming here, deformed your filter, and got it stuck even more.

Next time, try one of the recommended methods in Shierwin's link. You live, you learn...
    I think the filter was mounted incorrectly and ended up with misaligned thread

Hahaha. I have used a plier and cutter for a badly stuck (dented actually) filter and managed to remove it without hurting the lens or myself.

I guess not everyone is a handyman and problem solver.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Blog Entries

a silicone or neoprene mousepad works best....

Just my humble opinion but it's not very wise to forgo filters just because of this...the tips provided by the few experienced users here should help to resolve the issue.