Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coca-cola exits

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post

Ha ha but they still love Singapore. Safe and sound.

I like to repeat this. I previous boss is from Germany. He told me that Singapore is a very safe place. "In the middle of the night, I could walk alone from one end of Orchard Rd to the other. There is no place like Singapore!"
    Well that's v true about the safety in SG, which no where in the world can match.

Aiya, there are always pros and cons everywhere.

Everything comes with a price tag.

Default Re: Coca-cola exits

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    "In the middle of the night, I could walk alone from one end of Orchard Rd to the other....."
    You try walking it alone in the middle of the night and see. Some uncles will want to give you $30 to go home with them to be their private dancers.
    Last edited by Sion; 9th October 2015 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Best of luck to the job search.

Thanks....a little too laid back in kick starting to really look still heheh....
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    For some reason I have gut feeling that some day some (maybe many) young Singaporeans will emigrate to other places if they are not doing so already. Any of you bros think this way? Aren't many of your forefathers immigrants from other places just a few generations or so back? (maybe this is why I think like this?)

I remember when Coke tried New Formula Coke. Hard to change such a well known brand it seriously flopped on them. New Formula Coke was actually pretty good if you ask me. That is the one thing great about a brand...it is like the BBQ restaurant of my friend's I mentioned in other thread...when I ate there 15 years ago food and sauce tasted a certain way very pleasing to the palate...I eat there again today and guess what? It taste, look, feel, etc. the exact same way it did 15 years ago (now has all the same old regular customers plus many many more and a second restaurant doing even more business - good model huh?). Now I can't say that about McDonalds...they ruined there french fries by changing to vegetable oil instead of animal fat. (Now Ronald experiencing drop in growth big time and scrambling to do something) He lost his way you see? These pop makers did the same whacko thing in pursuit of profit..they quit using sugar and substitute with corn syrup...and made everyone fat. tsk tsk

In reference to retrenching in Singapore...they did that same crap here long ago...move Coke made with Sugar to Mexico so for long time only way to get good original product was to import...nowadays all kinds of backlash so parent companies allowing stateside bottlers to make "retro" pop...bottled here..with sugar. Nothing high tech about that except for their lame excuses. haha

They chase economic growth but completely miss what is their foundation if you ask me.

I'd like to buy the world a Coke...lol Remember that one?
    A tad later version .... maybe beyond your time you should check out.. " I like to teach the world to sing"
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    A tad later version .... maybe beyond your time you should check out.. " I like to teach the world to sing"
    Sung by him?

Sung by him?
    No lah... https://youtu.be/1VM2eLhvsSM
    Last edited by sammy888; 9th October 2015 at 09:23 PM.

You try walking it alone in the middle of the night and see. Some uncles will want to give you $30 to go home with them to be their private dancers.
    U got money take, don't want meh? U rather got robbed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12