Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decided on x-t10 body, now on to lenses!

Default Re: Decided on x-t10 body, now on to lenses!

I have only one zoom AF lens...rest are old manual focus primes..
    what coolhirako just said is true!
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Hello lady =)
    Manual lens , try then you'll know
    It a deep deep poison
    Hmm not a fan of manual lens on Fuji, find it hard to focus with especially when wide open (be it split focus, focus peaking). When I don't need to shoot at wide aperture, I usually zone focus.
    Am I missing some technique which you could share? Appreciate it.
    Last edited by DSolZ; 10th October 2015 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolkoko View Post
    The 18-55 to me is an 'all-in-one' lens that i'll probably bring for travelling. the 35 is a must have by many people's standards and I think i'll be getting a lot of mileage from them shooting portraits as well as food and restaurant shots which are usually in less than ideal lighting situations.
    I don't remember the 35mm to be able to focus very closely ...so it might not be able to take photo of your food close up. That is where I think I miss close focus ability of my x100s when I switch over to xt1.

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Hello lady =)
    Manual lens , try then you'll know
    It a deep deep poison
    Dont listen to him LOL

Manual lens is like a deep rabbit hole, once you go in, you won't be able to find your way back LOL

Manual lens is a full mechanical lens, with no auto focus ability whatsoever. "Usually" manual lens comes in a cheaper price tag, and each of them offer different kind of image rendering (especially those from older times). From high contrast razor sharp popping color, all the way to low contrast soft dreamy kind of feel.

If you're interested in getting image full of characteristic, do have a look into legacy lenses. But be warned, it's quite addictive haha...

Do check out bro pinholecam's thread about random ramblings of a lens junkie. You can find TONS of image shot with many fine lenses in the thread.

I've been shooting 90% with such lenses. If you're interested, can check out my APAW 2015, the link is under my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by DSolZ View Post
    Hmm not a fan of manual lens on Fuji, find it hard to focus with especially when wide open (be it split focus, focus peaking). When I don't need to shoot at wide aperture, I usually zone focus.
    Am I missing some technique which you could share? Appreciate it.
    I usually shoot static subject, so I have time to slowly compose my shots. I do use standard focus assist (zoom in), and I mostly shoot wide open hahaha...

Zoom focus is usually when you're shooting in fast paced environment. Dont worry, you're not missing anything hahaha we all just shoot differently

Quote Originally Posted by ahblack View Post
    Dont listen to him LOL

Manual lens is like a deep rabbit hole, once you go in, you won't be able to find your way back LOL

Manual lens is a full mechanical lens, with no auto focus ability whatsoever. "Usually" manual lens comes in a cheaper price tag, and each of them offer different kind of image rendering (especially those from older times). From high contrast razor sharp popping color, all the way to low contrast soft dreamy kind of feel.

If you're interested in getting image full of characteristic, do have a look into legacy lenses. But be warned, it's quite addictive haha...

Do check out bro pinholecam's thread about random ramblings of a lens junkie. You can find TONS of image shot with many fine lenses in the thread.

I've been shooting 90% with such lenses. If you're interested, can check out my APAW 2015, the link is under my signature.
    Now I am curious. Perhaps I will jump down the rabbit hole one day lol

So what lens that is full of character will u recommend ?

Hard to recommend leh... you have to go look at photos, taken with manual lens, then see which one you like, and pick up from there. Russian lens is a good place to start, lenses like Jupiter, Helios or Industar.

You have been warned LOL

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

I really enjoy such threads. I recount the days when I started to research for my first SLR and I don't even know of Clubsnap. Had I known, I think I would still have gone for the camera I'd chosen. So to the thread starter, and seconding what mod catchlight says, you did your homework, just go for it (within your budget etc etc).

You'll never know if you prefer the zooms or the primes, a more entry body or a more advance body. Your preferences may change over time based on your interactions with the camera. It's all part and parcel of this hobby of ours. There'll be even more items to look at in the future, and to name a few, the bags, tripods, clamps, filters, rails, straps, the soft release shutter button ... ops, I better stop before I confuse you even further.

All the best in your photographic endeavors, and have fun!

Hi guys! I'll venture into manual lens later on, I'm still adapting to the manual controls of the body itself because I dont want to rely on the 'auto' button, so I think a manual lens will confuse me even further!

hjbyeo: gone for it! slowly learning everything, getting used to carrying my camera around everyday, but it's still usually in my bag, any tips for carrying it around without getting stares? or you just get used to the stares?

I havent found a decent looking soft-release shutter button

Thank you everybody!

Blog Entries

Hi guys! I'll venture into manual lens later on, I'm still adapting to the manual controls of the body itself because I dont want to rely on the 'auto' button, so I think a manual lens will confuse me even further! hjbyeo: gone for it! slowly learning everything, getting used to carrying my camera around everyday, but it's still usually in my bag, any tips for carrying it around without getting stares? or you just get used to the stares? I havent found a decent looking soft-release shutter button Thank you everybody!
    You might want to look at Artisan Obscura. They have very retro style wooden buttons and other more modern looking ones. I almost got tempted, so i shall refrain from finding the link and link it here for you, lest i get tempted again!

Yumiko...TDB maybe a bro you want to make a friend...he is a Fuji camera man deluxe! His photography with the Fuji system is first rate...
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 14th October 2015 at 10:27 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

hjbyeo: gone for it! slowly learning everything, getting used to carrying my camera around everyday, but it's still usually in my bag, any tips for carrying it around without getting stares? or you just get used to the stares?

I havent found a decent looking soft-release shutter button
    When you go shooting, my suggestion is always to have it close to your hand that you can easily bring it up and start snapping away. Always ready for the "moment". You'll get used to the stares...

Soft release shutter button - this one is a very personalized choice. Some I know even use blue tack. I used quite a fair bit and tried many! Finally settled on the mapcamera ones. https://search.mapcamera.com/?maker=...n&sort=keyword. If you can do without this, it's good too, cos' you will lose a few of these as they sometimes go loose and drop somewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12