Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 45 of 45

Thread: Nikon 24-120 F4 VR lens

  1. #41

    Default Re: Nikon 24-120 F4 VR lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Light Machinery View Post
    Thank you Sammy.. Nice to know that the gold line / ring stands for weather sealing.
    Yeah, good tips by Sammy
    GH4 GX8 EM1 VG30 A5000 D750
    P: 12-35F2.8 35-100F2.8 100-300, 25F1.4 O:7-14 12-40F2.8 45F1.8 75F1.8

  2. #42
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Nikon 24-120 F4 VR lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Light Machinery View Post
    Thank you Sammy.. Nice to know that the gold line / ring stands for weather sealing. I have used the 24-120mm & its kin the 70-200mm f/4 in foul weather without any problems so far. Like DD123 mentioned just don't dunk it in water.

    hehe but I will not go all crazy to push the limit. There is a reason why Nikon will never state officially or over emphasize in too many words about weather proof of their camera. If somehow your lens has been dropped or hit hard, the integrity of the shell or seal might be compromised. When that happens, it might not stand up to water splashing on it by rain..eg. There is only so much it can take before you break thru beyond that point. How you maintain your equipment can make a difference in that regards.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Nikon 24-120 F4 VR lens

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    hehe but I will not go all crazy to push the limit. There is a reason why Nikon will never state officially or over emphasize in too many words about weather proof of their camera. If somehow your lens has been dropped or hit hard, the integrity of the shell or seal might be compromised. When that happens, it might not stand up to water splashing on it by rain..eg. There is only so much it can take before you break thru beyond that point. How you maintain your equipment can make a difference in that regards.
    Agreed. Weather sealing is an area Nikon has underpromised, and overdelivered. But don't push your luck. Proper maintence is something people ignore.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Nikon 24-120 F4 VR lens

    Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Agreed. Weather sealing is an area Nikon has underpromised, and overdelivered.
    Kudos to Nikon ...
    GH4 GX8 EM1 VG30 A5000 D750
    P: 12-35F2.8 35-100F2.8 100-300, 25F1.4 O:7-14 12-40F2.8 45F1.8 75F1.8

  5. #45

    Default Re: Nikon 24-120 F4 VR lens

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanKhoo View Post
    Agreed ... Nikon camera now really value for money especially the D750 with 24-120 kit lens is only going for 2780.

    It lens itself is oredi about 1.5K .. value for money kit bundle
    RRP for this 24-120 lens is $1,999
    http://www.nikon.com.sg/en_SG/produc...0mm-f-4g-ed-vr

    Quite worth to buy with this bundle/kit
    GH4 GX8 EM1 VG30 A5000 D750
    P: 12-35F2.8 35-100F2.8 100-300, 25F1.4 O:7-14 12-40F2.8 45F1.8 75F1.8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •