Thread: Zen MicroPhoto 8Gb

Default Zen MicroPhoto 8Gb

hey folks, i am looking for a MP3 Plus a storage device for photo. came across a good deal for zen microphoto for $399. would like to check if anyone know of this gadget, pls help to comments on :
    1. the resolution of photo
    2. the ease and speed of uploading photo to the device (understd tt ipod photo is quite slow to transfer photo)
    3. the sound quality of music + the functionality of the mp3 player
    4. what's the software use to download mp3 and how good the software is as compared to said iTune
    5. any cons noted so far ?

tx for advice in advance..

Default Re: Zen MicroPhoto 8Gb

Get Epson P2000......

Quote Originally Posted by MuthuCurry
    hey folks, i am looking for a MP3 Plus a storage device for photo. came across a good deal for zen microphoto for $399. would like to check if anyone know of this gadget, pls help to comments on :
    1. the resolution of photo
    2. the ease and speed of uploading photo to the device (understd tt ipod photo is quite slow to transfer photo)
    3. the sound quality of music + the functionality of the mp3 player
    4. what's the software use to download mp3 and how good the software is as compared to said iTune
    5. any cons noted so far ?

tx for advice in advance..
    I am not sure how zen photo store it photo but for ipod photo, here is how it works:

When you download the photo to the ipod, it will actually create 3 diff size of photo in the ipod, 1) one for the thumbnail for viewing on ipod, 2)optimised for TV slide show 3)(optional) Store original size, so you have the best of 3 worlds.

I think that is why it is slow in downloading but viewing/navigating the photos on ipod is a breeze due to the size. Then if you want to show it on TV, you will have the photo optimise for TV.

For zen photo? I think they store original size onto the zen, i am not sure. You might have performance issue when navigating big size photo. This is my guess.

epson is way above my budget. and i dun really need tt kind of big storage thingy. tot zen microphoto will be good enuff. but dun sure abt the review. Any Zen MicroPhoto owner can help ?