Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PD70X or DIGIMATE PLUS II??

Default Re: PD70X or DIGIMATE PLUS II??

Got my digimate II plus (gloss, square display)at $80 from 04-15
    There are 2 version mate(round) and gloss(square).
    Cant detect my total 40GB harddisc only support 37GB.(the display for free space), got to partition liao waste time. Inside window it can detect the full size.

I think must go back to ask for a change or something ba.

Last edited by fatjp; 30th October 2005 at 12:44 AM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by frisky
    I bought one last month and brought it along for a long trip.
    Previous I had a PD7X as well.

General experience with the 2 sets :

1) Touchy with USB ports in PC.
    Both wouldn't talk to my VIA USB ports, but works fine with NEC chipset USB ports.
    I have a laptop using Intel USB chipset, works fine with PD7X but no go with the PD70X.
    This really caused much frustration, I end up moving the hard disk to a normal portable harddisk casing to be read by the PC. And all this is done using AC power.

2) Short battery life.
    I download photos every 2-3 days, each time is something like 500-800MB. With the PD7X it wasn't that bad, I can download 4-5GB typically within a week before I have battery low. With the PD70X, after a fresh charge of battery, at best, I get to download 1GB of data. The next time I try to power up, within 3 days of a fresh charge, it couldn't spin up the hard disk, obviously that means I can forget about copying. End up most copying is done using AC power.

Perhaps my unit have a problem, and I will try checking with eastgear and see how it goes.
    A quick update on the battery life issue. I tested with the same set of Sanyo 2500 fully charged in a Maha 204F charger. Transfered 15 GB without issue. Prior to that it was "fully" charged by the PD70X. Can't spin up the hard disk. I cannot remember if I tried using the Maha charger to charge batteries for the PD70X, but most of the time I tried with the PD70X's charger.

So it seems that the PD70X's charger cannot fully charge the battery.

As for the USB compatibility issue, I tested with a nforce 3 onboard USB. Works like a charm. So far it works with nforce3 chipset usb, nec chipset usb, but not intel laptop usb and via usb ports.
    Last edited by frisky; 31st October 2005 at 09:18 AM.

sorrie but can anyone show mi a pict of the digimate and where at simlim could i get it at $75 thanks!

I also would like to know if it is sold in Singapore.

what diff between PD7X and PD70X? speed? any prob w large hdd, like partition issues??

Red face Re: PD70X or DIGIMATE PLUS II??

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    I have both the PD70X and Digimate. Let's forget about file transfer speed or compatibility issues. I will never buy or depend on a digimate ever again, have more problems with it in one week that I went out and got my PD70X, now I am happy.
    Deadpoet: what problems did you have with the Digimate? Can you share with us?
    Furthermore anyone knows how long can the Digimate battery last without recharging, generally? Thanks.

I use this Vosonic X's Drive II - VP-2160, something like Digimate. I have no prob with it so far. No prob with the rechargeable battery inside (last for mths on low usage). It can connect & let whichever p.c detect with no prob at all.

From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by fatjp
    Got my digimate II plus (gloss, square display)at $80 from 04-15
    There are 2 version mate(round) and gloss(square).
    Cant detect my total 40GB harddisc only support 37GB.(the display for free space), got to partition liao waste time. Inside window it can detect the full size.

I think must go back to ask for a change or something ba.

i think this is due to that the hdd must be formatted to fat32...

so i was told that, if u got 40Gb, partition to 30 and 10..

if the hdd is in ntsc format, it will not work well and will only become a protable hdd only..

so, try formating to fat32 and u can use liao..

correct me id i am wrong..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    I use this Vosonic X's Drive II - VP-2160, something like Digimate. I have no prob with it so far. No prob with the rechargeable battery inside (last for mths on low usage). It can connect & let whichever p.c detect with no prob at all.
    I'm using this too. Got a spare HDD lying around, so bought the casing for it. I was told by shop that X-Drive is one of the more reliable and one of the first brand around?

Quote Originally Posted by yuyt
    I'm using this too. Got a spare HDD lying around, so bought the casing for it. I was told by shop that X-Drive is one of the more reliable and one of the first brand around?
    How much did you buy the casing for? Where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax
    How much did you buy the casing for? Where did you get it?
    S$128 for the item wifout HDD. I just popped in an old laptop HDD. It's at Sim Lim Square www.it-image.com
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by ericpooi
    Just realised from a friend who is also using PD70X that we should not use rechargeable battery for that matter as its output is only 1.2V instead of 1.5V. As such, using Alkaline batteries are fine.
    This is just plain wrong. The PD70x supports rechargeable batteries and even charges batteries when plugged in to the mains via the adapter.

The manual says "please use size AA Ni-MH batteries (recommended)".
    http://www.compactdrive.com/download...al-English.pdf

Many problems with the battery life seem to be battery related. I've been using the PD70x on Sanyo 2500's with no problem so far. I've never seen the battery go low. In fact, I regularly pull out the PD70x's batteries and put them in my flash, because my flash batteries go low after a shoot.

Anyway on a single charge (Sanyo 2500's) I've been able to get more than 30GB transferred (I tested when I got the unit) and the battery was still going strong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123