Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Cute chicks!

  1. #1

    Default Cute chicks!

    On their way to becoming chicken nuggets

    https://www.facebook.com/16290679273...message_bubble
    Last edited by ArchRival; 30th September 2015 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Corrected chicken mcnuggets to chicken nuggets

  2. #2
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Cute chicks!

    You do know if you take a chicken McNugget apart you see thick meat fiber... this is because they use Chicken breast meat from a large size chicken and NOT CHICKENS. That is a fake story to scare and use as propaganda by the usual SJW or PETA idiot. These day there are so called cruel video are made up as many as real one as well.

    Think about it, why would anyone waste the potential of money they can make using a large size chicken for their meat as oppose to little chickens with no little meat that will now take a lot more smaller baby chickens to make your single set of McNugget???? Even when eating, keep common sense working. :P Also, would you kill and mince the chicken along with feathers and bone ... all to make those McNugget? Please go buy a pack today and break it apart to see what you are eating.

    Also google about false cruelty stories made up by PETA and other so call Animal cruelty and especially VEGANS organization. No doubt there are real incidents of cruelty but one should not be so gullible and be rule by emotion and be so fast to believe things. Google is your friend and sit next to Clubsnap on the screen.

    https://youtu.be/TQTE-TEBbNo

    I am more furious about the idiot who actually video tape that and use actual chickens to make that cruel tape if it is not special effects to scare people.

    https://youtu.be/uj5YYdMPLtM (comparison of meat density of various nuggets) Just to show once i did a google I can find so much information on chicken nuggets. And yes I eat enough Nuggets to know immediately this was a BS. Nuggets are meat chunk... not putty due to mincing the meat like the way the video shows it.

    Sorry.. that scene of killing so many chickens like that is very upsetting to me and that this was a lie leave a bad taste in my mouth.


    Say the video was real.. I think this is more the reason why they are killed off. But some idiot use this and turn it into something to scare people from eating meat or nugget or just to smear the reputation of a fast food brand.

    http://kb.rspca.org.au/What-happens-...ustry_100.html
    Last edited by sammy888; 30th September 2015 at 05:49 PM.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Cute chicks!

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    You do know if you take a chicken McNugget apart you see thick meat fiber... this is because they use Chicken breast meat from a large size chicken and NOT CHICKENS. That is a fake story to scare and use as propaganda by the usual SJW or PETA idiot. These day there are so called cruel video are made up as many as real one as well.

    Think about it, why would anyone waste the potential of money they can make using a large size chicken for their meat as oppose to little chickens with no little meat that will now take a lot more smaller baby chickens to make your single set of McNugget???? Even when eating, keep common sense working. :P Also, would you kill and mince the chicken along with feathers and bone ... all to make those McNugget? Please go buy a pack today and break it apart to see what you are eating.

    Also google about false cruelty stories made up by PETA and other so call Animal cruelty and especially VEGANS organization. No doubt there are real incidents of cruelty but one should not be so gullible and be rule by emotion and be so fast to believe things. Google is your friend and sit next to Clubsnap on the screen.

    https://youtu.be/TQTE-TEBbNo

    I am more furious about the idiot who actually video tape that and use actual chickens to make that cruel tape if it is not special effects to scare people.

    https://youtu.be/uj5YYdMPLtM (comparison of meat density of various nuggets) Just to show once i did a google I can find so much information on chicken nuggets. And yes I eat enough Nuggets to know immediately this was a BS. Nuggets are meat chunk... not putty due to mincing the meat like the way the video shows it.

    Sorry.. that scene of killing so many chickens like that is very upsetting to me and that this was a lie leave a bad taste in my mouth.


    Say the video was real.. I think this is more the reason why they are killed off. But some idiot use this and turn it into something to scare people from eating meat or nugget or just to smear the reputation of a fast food brand.

    http://kb.rspca.org.au/What-happens-...ustry_100.html
    Whoa bro! WOT!
    Sorry lah bro, didn't know you have soft spot for mcnuggets. Corrected my original post and changed to chicken nuggets.

  4. #4
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Cute chicks!

    The short clip could show how male chicken are killed. This is a practice in Germany (now under review from government) since male chicken develop slower and deliver less meat than the female ones.
    I agree to what sammy888 wrote: do check the source of videos and postings especially if they are stirring emotions in such a way.
    EOS

  5. #5
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Cute chicks!

    So it is not about you I am angry. Don't get me wrong. hhahah And bro it is not what brand that effect me. It can be generic for all I care.

    Disclaimer: I am and have never worked in the F&B nor work in a fast food company in any capacity. So I have nothing to gain from this.

    This is just me always digging the truth and quashing lies or misdirected truth. I like distinguishing false claim and never taken stories from even so called "good' folks out to save the world. These day internet is filled with both good and bad information causing panic, hurt, hate and other forms of bias along side good positive information I love animals and animal preservation is important but there's always a flip side to conservation as well and it can involve killing whether you like it or not. As the saying goes. 'sometime you have to be cruel to be kind' as in the case of culling or eating what you kill as we see in some countries that practice hunting to control wild animal populations..etc. We live in such a bubble when we buy our processed meat from a supermarket, we suddenly think killing is cruel. Anyway... let's stop there before I really tell you long grandfather story on that subject I hold close. heh

    On my own Facebook, hours before I commented here to your writing, I put up a news story concern the spreading of fake message ( by chance the timing of it all ) circulating on Facebook scaring people and attempting to scam money. (below)

    I always check anything I want to share with others, double check the facts.including using the net to find advices on certain photography question(s) as oppose to come here write on a thread asking for help, wait anything from minutes to hours especially as opposed to trying out on Google or YouTube which is just seconds away from a possible answer. It's becoming so lazy and everyone wants a smartphone on their hand but never really use it productively. Instead, they want to be spoon fed. They want others to come in to customize the answer for them precisely and answer their Qns specifically for them like some rich English royalty instead of doing basic legwork. You might as well press the shutter button for them too while you are at it. heheheh..And if bad information like this are allowed to spread unchecked, that is even worst. There I said it. Done. Sorry got carry away on a rant once in a while.

    Don't Fall For Latest Facebook Hoax https://youtu.be/rniJC3tRF_M
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Cute chicks!

    I closed my FB recently...I am more happy and productive. This crap has been going on forever...FB and the net just amplifies all of the problems...when a good thing becomes to much maybe. I hear you though Sam.

    Personally I prefer gas fired hickory smoked about 5-6 hours at 250, conservative amount of dry rub, half birds with some bbq sauce on the table when it comes to chicken.

    My grandmothers used to kill chickens all the time...one grandma cracked open the skulls of squirrels and ate their brains raw with a pocket knife...for breakfast... *super nasty* LOL
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 1st October 2015 at 10:11 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  7. #7
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Cute chicks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    I closed my FB recently...I am more happy and productive. This crap has been going on forever...FB and the net just amplifies all of the problems...when a good thing becomes to much maybe. I hear you though Sam.

    Personally I prefer gas fired hickory smoked about 5-6 hours at 250, conservative amount of dry rub, half birds with some bbq sauce on the table when it comes to chicken.

    My grandmothers used to kill chickens all the time...one grandma cracked open the skulls of squirrels and ate their brains raw with a pocket knife...for breakfast... *super nasty* LOL
    Well I am :luck' in some way too given my age. I come from a time where I have reared chicken and have killed them for food. I use to be a game fishermen catching small to large game fishes and killing not for fun alone but we do bring them home to cook and give to neighbors. We have to club fish to kill them. You do it as fast as you can but it needs doing.

    In our Singapore National Service like in the military, you are taught to kill certain animals including chickens for food. I hope they still teach the recruits to do that today in camps. We are becoming so sheltered we losing sight certain aspects of life that are still being a way of life in countries that might be a few step backward to our civilized environment in Singapore but all you need to do is take a trip to Malaysia or Indonesia and all this killing for food is part and parcel.

    The reason my family back then had chicken was for the same reason some other families has the same ideas. Economy. It was cheaper to buy little chicks, to rear them for eggs and once older, we kill to them for food. Even earlier for male chicken as you can not have too many of them in the yard over females ones. Lots of fights among the males. And this was in the 70s. One thing you try never to do. That is to give them cute little names. Once you do, it just makes it hard for you to see them as food. The circle of life. It's an ecosystem we live in.

    I would not eat a dog for example. I have given up eating shark fin for almost two decades I think. I don't eat beef or lamb. It's a choice for why certain animals i will not eat. But it is NEVER because I can not bear to kill it or adopt some silly pacifist bs without first spending time to fully study all the findings and know if it is truth and what i do can help. Have watch tons on animal wildlife since I was a wee kid. You want to save something you have to first understand not just the animal but it's role and place in the environment. Some fanatic zealot just push their brand of conservative too far off for effect and it is more about money then really to save animals.

    I had squirrel and rabbit meat .. the latter is a little gammy but nah..never raw heheheh...rabbit and wild hare taste really nice.
    Last edited by sammy888; 1st October 2015 at 01:06 PM.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Cute chicks!

    sammy...at the end of the day, it's still mass killing, small chick or big doesn't matter. Amitabha
    Objection !!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Cute chicks!

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    sammy...at the end of the day, it's still mass killing, small chick or big doesn't matter. Amitabha
    Yes agree to disagree.. So do we think less if the killing was one on one? Then we think kill an ant is fine but an elephant is wrong? Killing is Killing I get that.

    We humans and other animals in the entire food chain have been doing kill to survive since we all emerged from out of the 'Primordial Goo' long before religions come into the picture far longer telling us what to do. Not that I want to get into religion further then that I am also familiar with Buddhism. Even from the teaching that is the walking of the middle path. Moderation. Plus a good pinch of science+logic.
    Last edited by sammy888; 2nd October 2015 at 03:30 AM.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •