Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67

Thread: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

  1. #21

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Once again thank you all who give the review and recommendation on Dell notebook. Most likely I'll go for Dell Inspirion 6000 with 2GHz with 512MB DDR2 around 1.8K.

    By the way how long it takes to deliver if order online? Thanks.
    Nikon D5000 | NikKor AF-S 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G VR | Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8G | SB-400

  2. #22
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    order should come in 1 week to 2 weeks time.


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    the other time i was shopping for a notebook for my fren. here's wat i heard...

    Dell use 3rd party parts, and when there is a breakdown, they take a long while to service, because their main office is in penang.
    If the info is coming from another vendor, beware, b'cos they may not be painting a full picture.

    1. Their hotline support is in Penang, for support, just call their toll free hotline. If problem can not be resolved over the phone, they will activate local (SG in your case) on-site support. IIRC, this local support is outsourced to another IT company, but not an issue as long as they can get the parts replaced. Take note that it is a myth that Dell support staffs flys down from Penang to Singapore.

    2. What is 3rd party parts??

    BTW, I'm not from Dell. My current and previous employers use Dell from servers to PCs and note books, so am speaking from experience and have visited their office too. If your a/c is large, they even appoint an a/c mgr to handle your request plus special discounts.
    Last edited by billpepsi; 13th October 2005 at 12:43 PM.

  4. #24

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    order should come in 1 week to 2 weeks time.
    Thank you.
    Nikon D5000 | NikKor AF-S 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G VR | Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8G | SB-400

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by zola70
    Thank you.
    U order ur dell 6000 yet?...tink they nw giving bluetooth now also leh...for this wk promo.....instead of giving backpack I think

    alamak...just miss it...every wk promo keep getting better..... ......

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    279

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11
    U order ur dell 6000 yet?...tink they nw giving bluetooth now also leh...for this wk promo.....instead of giving backpack I think

    alamak...just miss it...every wk promo keep getting better..... ......
    brought already .. better don't think abt it. Or else got 10 heads also not enought for u to

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by therat
    brought already .. better don't think abt it. Or else got 10 heads also not enought for u to
    haa...ya lor...suanz bo pianz~!...

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by zola70
    Once again thank you all who give the review and recommendation on Dell notebook. Most likely I'll go for Dell Inspirion 6000 with 2GHz with 512MB DDR2 around 1.8K.

    By the way how long it takes to deliver if order online? Thanks.

    I my Dells. had many many before and the key difference (like so many have mentioned) is that they (Getronics) will come and replace the parts that are clearly faulty, within the next working day. in fact even when I had an intermitten LCD problem, they replaced everything they could think of just so that the problem will be fixed. what more can you ask for?

    I just got a 6000 too. the only bitch I have is the darn touch pad. it is no longer the old brand (can't remember the brand) but some sucky ALPS touch pad. can anyone tell me if you can use the pad if you touch it at the edge? my doesn't work unless you first touch it around the central region.

    oh and have anyone tried using the built-in bluetooth 350 with a Nokia phone (6021)?

  9. #29

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by zola70
    Hi,

    Never know that IBM notebook battery life is lousy. So how is Dell battery life? Anyway I not going to bring it out of the house only move from room to room or to hall use only. by the way how is the backup service from Dell?

    Thank you.
    read some where, IBM is collaborating with Sanyo to improve its batt, dun noe happen liao a not???

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Anyone knows wat's the best response time, brightness, Contrast Ratio for LCD Monitor for doing multimedia & photos editing?
    Now considering to get desktop or notebook..

  11. #31

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11
    U order ur dell 6000 yet?...tink they nw giving bluetooth now also leh...for this wk promo.....instead of giving backpack I think

    alamak...just miss it...every wk promo keep getting better..... ......
    No, haven't order yet, still looking around at other brands and model until I made my final decision which one to buy.
    Nikon D5000 | NikKor AF-S 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G VR | Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8G | SB-400

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by zola70
    No, haven't order yet, still looking around at other brands and model until I made my final decision which one to buy.
    hey u bought the dell yet?...I just got my 6000 ard a wk ago but I start feeling that the XGA screen realli cannot make it leh.......it is really not sharp at all....thinking of upgrading liao...

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    I my Dells. had many many before and the key difference (like so many have mentioned) is that they (Getronics) will come and replace the parts that are clearly faulty, within the next working day. in fact even when I had an intermitten LCD problem, they replaced everything they could think of just so that the problem will be fixed. what more can you ask for?

    I just got a 6000 too. the only bitch I have is the darn touch pad. it is no longer the old brand (can't remember the brand) but some sucky ALPS touch pad. can anyone tell me if you can use the pad if you touch it at the edge? my doesn't work unless you first touch it around the central region.

    oh and have anyone tried using the built-in bluetooth 350 with a Nokia phone (6021)?
    Think the touch pad can onli use the central region....the 4 corners of the pad can be preset as certain function...u can change it in mouse properties......

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11
    Think the touch pad can onli use the central region....the 4 corners of the pad can be preset as certain function...u can change it in mouse properties......

    no good lah like that. the old one is very good because you can adjust very close to the edge so when you touch the pad at the edge you know where you finger is. just like touch typing you know.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11
    hey u bought the dell yet?...I just got my 6000 ard a wk ago but I start feeling that the XGA screen realli cannot make it leh.......it is really not sharp at all....thinking of upgrading liao...

    wah lao why you go and get the XGA screen? is it even the UltraSharp? I got the 16801050 Ultrasharp but step it down to the next lower resolution (this is a trick) which is 1280800. I find that when you do this the fonts are much more full-bodied and easy to read.

    what is your screen resolution? try stepping down and see. also don't forget to turn on cleartype feature in your display setting. previously I had another laptop with 16001200 and I step it down to 14001050, the result is similar, very full-bodied fonts.

  16. #36

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    The right edge of my touchpad acts as a scroll bar.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    wah lao why you go and get the XGA screen? is it even the UltraSharp? I got the 16801050 Ultrasharp but step it down to the next lower resolution (this is a trick) which is 1280800. I find that when you do this the fonts are much more full-bodied and easy to read.

    what is your screen resolution? try stepping down and see. also don't forget to turn on cleartype feature in your display setting. previously I had another laptop with 16001200 and I step it down to 14001050, the result is similar, very full-bodied fonts.
    mine is the 1280x 800 screen leh...tink the image doesnt look sharp at all...I step down the resolution the sharpness reduce further, even though the words look bigger....

    dunoe why leh...after looking at the laptop for too long, I can feel that my eyes are getting tired.....get tired faster leh...

    btw where to turn on the cleartype feature ahz?...cant find it leh....btw mine is integrated graphics one...

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    The right edge of my touchpad acts as a scroll bar.
    mine too, but the old one was much more finesse. anyway I got myself a wireless mouse liao.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11
    mine is the 1280x 800 screen leh...tink the image doesnt look sharp at all...I step down the resolution the sharpness reduce further, even though the words look bigger....

    dunoe why leh...after looking at the laptop for too long, I can feel that my eyes are getting tired.....get tired faster leh...

    btw where to turn on the cleartype feature ahz?...cant find it leh....btw mine is integrated graphics one...
    halamak boh pian lah. for me the display is very important so I'd rather sacrifice for a slower processor than to sacrifice on the screen. Yours is probably not a UltraSharp panel too.

    anyway to turn on cleartype. right click on the desktop select property. go to apperance panel and click effects.

    also try to use "normal font" rather than "large font" in the display settings as I find that tuning the fonts up to 125% doesn't give a very balanced sizing between graphics and text elements. this is a windows problem, nothing to do with your screen. anyway I don't think your panel is the good one (UltraSharp) since you have the integrated graphics.

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: About Dell Inspiron Notebook

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    halamak boh pian lah. for me the display is very important so I'd rather sacrifice for a slower processor than to sacrifice on the screen. Yours is probably not a UltraSharp panel too.

    anyway to turn on cleartype. right click on the desktop select property. go to apperance panel and click effects.

    also try to use "normal font" rather than "large font" in the display settings as I find that tuning the fonts up to 125% doesn't give a very balanced sizing between graphics and text elements. this is a windows problem, nothing to do with your screen. anyway I don't think your panel is the good one (UltraSharp) since you have the integrated graphics.
    Ya leh..mine is the ultra sharp type but the lowest resolution one....

    try cleartype liao.....but tink standard is better....

    thanks anyway~!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •