Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Need reommendation pls..

  1. #1

    Default Need reommendation pls..

    Thinking of changing my digital cam, A40.

    My next cam must have the following
    -must be above 5MP
    -MUST HAVE Image stabilization
    -hotshoe for tripod.
    -8x optical zoom or more prefered.

    thanks

    found these models:
    Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z6
    Canon Powershot S2 IS
    Panasonic DMC-FZ5
    Last edited by boontiong; 11th October 2005 at 12:28 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Need reommendation pls..

    FYI, hotshoe is 4 flash. lolz.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Need reommendation pls..

    wads ur budget?

  4. #4
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: Need reommendation pls..

    Minolta should be the 1st candidate to be dropped.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Need reommendation pls..

    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    Minolta should be the 1st candidate to be dropped.
    Totally agreed.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Need reommendation pls..

    Quote Originally Posted by boontiong
    Thinking of changing my digital cam, A40.

    My next cam must have the following
    -must be above 5MP
    -MUST HAVE Image stabilization
    -hotshoe for tripod.
    -8x optical zoom or more prefered.

    thanks

    found these models:
    Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z6
    Canon Powershot S2 IS
    Panasonic DMC-FZ5
    Yes, hotshoe is for flash.

    Canon S2 IS and Panasonic DMC-FZ5 both DO NOT have hotshoe. But I think you can attache a slave flash.

    Since you're willing to spend for Canon S2 IS, consider a Sony DSC-R1 with hotshoe or Panasonic FZ30.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Need reommendation pls..

    Quote Originally Posted by runes
    Yes, hotshoe is for flash.

    Canon S2 IS and Panasonic DMC-FZ5 both DO NOT have hotshoe. But I think you can attache a slave flash.

    Since you're willing to spend for Canon S2 IS, consider a Sony DSC-R1 with hotshoe or Panasonic FZ30.
    yah, dunno his budget. FZ30 cost much more dan all d rest!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Need reommendation pls..

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    yah, dunno his budget. FZ30 cost much more dan all d rest!
    Canon S2 IS is $900+, FZ30 is $1080 (MS), so not much difference but quite different class. FZ30 allows more zoom and hotshoe whereas S2 IS need separate adapter.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Need reommendation pls..

    Consider a Fuji S9500?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: Need reommendation pls..

    someone sellin S9500 in B&S now. do a search. $910 including UV filter and +3 closeup. comes with lowepro bag, tripod and dry box. quite a good price IMO. high ISO also. compensates for the lack of IS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •