Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice for first camera

Default Re: Need advice for first camera

For your references, below were the pricing/promotion during the recent comex.

Olympus, either the PEN or the OMD series - as per mentioned in earlier posts.
    Name:  olympus-pg01.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  84.8 KB

Sony mirrorless also OK.
    Name:  sonyelectric2-pg02.jpg
Size:  71.3 KB

Nikon the D5500 seem nice - small but not as small as Olympus or Sony mirrorless.
    Name:  nikon-pg01.jpg
Size:  76.3 KB

Canon - the cheaper DSLR should be OK - although same as Nikon, not smaller than mirrorless.
    Name:  canon-dslr.jpg
Size:  100.4 KB

Don't get Canon or Nikon mirrorless. Instead get either Olympus or Sony mirrorless.

is it worth to get em 10 since it have 3 interchange lenses although is an older build as mk 2 is already out?

As mentioned, Camera body refresh rate is about 2-3 years. Of course if you're going to buy new, ideally should get the latest model (if the older & newer diff by not that much $$$).

Another suggestion for you is to take a look at the used eqpts - can try try to see if they are OK for your usage or not.
    A used EM10 is about 500-600 bucks.
    A used EM5 is about 400-500 bucks.
    A used 12-50mm Oly lens should be around 200-300 bucks
    A used 14-150mm Oly lens should be around 400+/- bucks

buy used i dont know how to check the camera n lens that why......
    i read must see shutter count , if lens got mold etc.... that y not pro enough to buy used product scare kana con....

Quote Originally Posted by raycher View Post
    is it worth to get em 10 since it have 3 interchange lenses although is an older build as mk 2 is already out?
    If you have use for the lenses then it might be worth the money. If not, you buy letter weights.
    It's consumer electronics in the end, prices only go down.

With regards to Comex, Sitex and whatnot -ex: These events hardly have really good prices. (Exceptions, exist, though.) Either it's to sell off things sitting on the shelf or just selling standard packages brushed up by freebies that are worth nearly nothing (memory cards, third party batteries, flimsy tripods, useless UV filters etc). You can take these flyers and walk into the usual shops and they will match the price or even offer you something better. Take your time to read up, there is no reason to get pressed into buying from these fairs.
    Last edited by Octarine; 23rd September 2015 at 06:40 PM.
    EOS

buy used i dont know how to check the camera n lens that why......
    i read must see shutter count , if lens got mold etc.... that y not pro enough to buy used product scare kana con....
    Hmm it depend on how much you want to spend and what you want to get. For em10 I suggest getting it new. The price is typically cheap enough and especially when there is deal giving you some high quality prime lens. The second price of em10 in bns is not attractive. Anyway if you fly that much and want oly camera, get them from Japan. The first hand price of lens from Japan can match the second price in SG.

I think for your use get a em10 might makecsense, it is really a capable camera in a very all package. It is quite idea for travel. thought you might want to consider the em10 mark 2 as well if price is good. Em10 mark 2 has the same sensor as em10 so to me it doesn't warrant a huge price premium over em10. Em5 could be have for decent good price in bns.
    Last edited by DSolZ; 24th September 2015 at 05:41 AM.

Why must use a lens system camera for travel. I left them at home. Lol.

U can check out LX100, FZ1000, G7 X, and any of the RX100 version.

If you want the best value for money m4/3 camera, go for second hand e-m1 at $900, since their upcoming new firmware will make this camera very features rich.

If u want to buy a brand new one, any of the omd series camera is good. It is just a matter of features vs pricing for u to choose. Forget those non omd cameras if u decided to go into photography. Those e- or e-pl will only frustrate u.
    Last edited by sin77; 24th September 2015 at 06:29 AM.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Fuji X100T
    Easy , lightweight , all in one

I would recommend starting off with a simple compact camera that produces good quality pictures.
    One that you will enjoy bringing around and taking alot of photos.

Fugi X100T mentioned above is one compact one to start.

Personally I started off with DSLR and found them too clumsy, so now I use a Ricoh GR, and have been taking so many pictures with it. (you can check out my blog on my personal review)

Hope this helps!
    Hobbyist Black and White Photographer
    Join me in my black and white photography blog

Thanks for all the info guys, i decide to buy a camera with interchange lens is because i tend to travel nearly once every month or two months time.
    Want to take down picture of scenery and stuff for example next Jan will be at taipei to take cherry blossom , then nov go to Vietnam danang beach which heard is very pretty too.
    EM1 is fine.
    Perhaps start with the kit lens and then see what you like and add other lenses later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12