Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EU and Human Right

Default Re: EU and Human Right

I am just thinking, why refugees in the first place? country got burnt down like Indonesia? Instead of solving the problem at source, we are transferring it.

NATO forces are deployed for wrong reasons. during peace time, can't they be stationed as policemen in these countries with refugees issues? The internal conflicts got nothing to do with external. Why should a stronger party chase their own people out of the country?

I know this is history and difficult to resolve but they must keep it within their own country to resolve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    I know this is history and difficult to resolve but they must keep it within their own country to resolve them.
    Keeping things locally in a globalized world?
    EOS

Politicians make used of religion and race and ... to gain power which is often translated to $$$$$!

The longer I stay in power, the more I get as I am the king!

Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post
    yes..agree 100%.your views are correct but the plain truth is that we are harbouring people/foreigners..just not rohingya because they're not form China or the Philippines.and what's wrong with being humane??spore could be an example to the world by giving a helping hand but we chose a blind eye because they will not provide economy or financial boosting for the government.and we don't have to take in all of them,just a few can still make the difference.helping some is better than helping none...doubt a few rohingyas will make us(the richest country in the world) go bankrupt,,little far fetched i would say.
    .. help a little and let the rest suffer. So the question is help who.. which little. Do you have any criteria or condition in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Keeping things locally in a globalized world?
    What I meant is resolve them internally. Of course external powers will try to influence but ultimately it is a family issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    .. help a little and let the rest suffer. So the question is help who.. which little. Do you have any criteria or condition in mind?
    During the Tsunami in Aceh, Spore was the forefront and the quickest to offer a helping hand. We actually did not do much but enough to make every Sporean proud. I was one one of the proudest. I believe that moment of efficiency, quick reaction and damage limitation/control in a terrible disaster that parts us from the rest of the world. There was a video of a Sporean army officer playing with the Aceh kids after the devastation. Kids were smiling and I was in tears because I can proudly shout to the world that Spore cares about others, especially our direct neighbors, putting aside our differences just for that precise moment and make humane/compassionate decisions. I do not have an answer for your question and yes, I agree that it is easier said that done. But again, I stand corrected, we could have helped and gave hope to some rather than not helping at all.

"we could have helped and gave hope to some rather than not helping at all".

The big difference here is the upbringing and culture. We were taught to be self reliance and not the expect hands out. When we give, it is exactly what you just said. BUT in some society, they feel that being in a better position regardless of your own hard work, you should share or give unconditionally. So it is very diffucult to change this.

Everyone of us got rights and it is how you win them. Most people will support the weaker if they fought for their own rights. So, within a family fight, we could only ensure it is a fair play but cannot decide who is right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    "we could have helped and gave hope to some rather than not helping at all.

Would also like to add that we were there to help rebuild Aceh... not bringing the Acehnese to live in SG...

How my Singaporean would accept sending our sons, brothers, nephews amd friends to fight in Syria or any other hotspot in the middle east ?? How many Singaporean would readily support bringing in 5000 or more middle eastern refugees into SG, when these refugees could be an issue to our security years from now...

While I too would like SG to somehow 'help' those refugees... there is really very little we can do beside donation or sending them supplies through United Nation...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post
    During the Tsunami in Aceh, Spore was the forefront and the quickest to offer a helping hand. We actually did not do much but enough to make every Sporean proud. I was one one of the proudest. I believe that moment of efficiency, quick reaction and damage limitation/control in a terrible disaster that parts us from the rest of the world. There was a video of a Sporean army officer playing with the Aceh kids after the devastation. Kids were smiling and I was in tears because I can proudly shout to the world that Spore cares about others, especially our direct neighbors, putting aside our differences just for that precise moment and make humane/compassionate decisions. I do not have an answer for your question and yes, I agree that it is easier said that done. But again, I stand corrected, we could have helped and gave hope to some rather than not helping at all.
    U are right. It was a different scenario. No political agenda. We should help but we should also choose who we help and how to help. Out there it was chaotic and just like many refugees it also had other non- refugee element within.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Would also like to add that we were there to help rebuild Aceh... not bringing the Acehnese to live in SG...

How my Singaporean would accept sending our sons, brothers, nephews amd friends to fight in Syria or any other hotspot in the middle east ?? How many Singaporean would readily support bringing in 5000 or more middle eastern refugees into SG, when these refugees could be an issue to our security years from now...

While I too would like SG to somehow 'help' those refugees... there is really very little we can do beside donation or sending them supplies through United Nation...
    Fully agreed with you.

Estimated 30,000 had gone there voluntarily to fight the 'war'. Than why are the people running away in millions? For better life or ?????
    As for Aceh, we should help as they are our neighbors. We help to grow for peace within the region.

As for Aceh, we should help as they are our neighbors. We help to grow for peace within the region.
    We should help because they are humans in need.
    Everything else has the disgusting taste of hidden agenda...
    EOS

We should help because they are humans in need.
    Everything else has the disgusting taste of hidden agenda...
    Yes. You are right.

Then go through UN instead. They are the best person to do the job.

Yes. You are right.

Not necessary... http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...l/2174474.html

Yes. You are right.
    It's not the institution that defines the nature of 'help'...
    EOS

It's not the institution that defines the nature of 'help'...
    Certainly.

They are many approaches and you have to pick the better one. and they have to be from
    Institutions and non-institutions.

1. It is humane to help - without doubt but we may invite more smugglers as it is a lucrative business
    2. They have the resources to determine the type of helps.
    3. They are supported internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Corruption is everywhere. The question is big or small, norm or unacceptable. You name it and it is found where human being exists as long as $$$ is concerned.

EU is stupid. Now they face a problem they cannot solve. Welcome everyone and u welcome all the trouble. The refugees protest about about HUMAN RIGHT? They are ungrateful. They shld return to their countries and protest more.
    In today ST, German police called for refugee segregation. Why so troublesome, send them home.

Give a man a dollar and he'll remember you the next time he is broke.

Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he'll eat every day.

Don't be like the graveyard always taking and never giving.

Be careful digging grave for someone you may end up in it yourself.

One never so good doesn't have a little bit of bad. One never so bad doesn't have a little bit of good.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Give a man a dollar and he'll remember you the next time he is broke.

Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he'll eat every day.

Don't be like the graveyard always taking and never giving.

Be careful digging grave for someone you may end up in it yourself.

One never so good doesn't have a little bit of bad. One never so bad doesn't have a little bit of good.
    Agreed and lesson learnt.

How do think we can help? It will be good to share more.

Agreed and lesson learnt.

How do think we can help? It will be good to share more.
    Pick at scar and only reopen wound, cause more bleeding, better chance of getting infected and then death.

One can only help those who help their selves.

Perhaps greatest most admirable quality about your country imo - self reliance. Each generation takes care of it's self. The way things should be. This is partly why you all are blessed like you are.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast