Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: EU and Human Right

  1. #1

    Default EU and Human Right

    EU help help ... u promote Human Right and we are coming. please do not turn us away! Help help

  2. #2
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    It's too politically sensitive to discuss here.

  3. #3

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    It's too politically sensitive to discuss here.
    It is about refugees mass migration to EU countries...Germany has welcomed them with open arm... how about the rest?

    Are they prepared to forego the principle of Human Right or let the countries absorb the flood!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post

    It is about refugees mass migration to EU countries...Germany has welcomed them with open arm... how about the rest?

    Are they prepared to forego the principle of Human Right or let the countries absorb the flood!
    Like I said in another thread, EU will never recover with this influx of refugees. Can't even feed themselves and they r welcoming FTs.

    However, if they can learn from us, turning this FTs into cheap labour and give them those jobs that locals shun, then its a different story.

  5. #5

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    why are we talking about EU problems with refugees when our own country made it clear to the world that rohingya refugees are not welcome in this filthy rich island????not even one pathetic soul was saved by spore!!..shame on us.

  6. #6

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post
    why are we talking about EU problems with refugees when our own country made it clear to the world that rohingya refugees are not welcome ittt n this filthy rich island????not even one pathetic soul was saved by spore!!..shame on us.
    We are not a welfare state and we will never be. Charity come from home.
    We have many thinWhgs to do. The question is how much is one prepared to take those refugees. Cheap illegal labour for Singapore? We will have to declare brankrupt if we take in those refugees. No amount of money can help them. Sorry if you were the government , what will u do? How much are u prepared to part your salary to help them. 10%,20%,30%,50%?
    we will end up increasing tax. Agreed?

  7. #7

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    We are not a welfare state and we will never be. Charity come from home.
    We have many thinWhgs to do. The question is how much is one prepared to take those refugees. Cheap illegal labour for Singapore? We will have to declare brankrupt if we take in those refugees. No amount of money can help them. Sorry if you were the government , what will u do? How much are u prepared to part your salary to help them. 10%,20%,30%,50%?
    we will end up increasing tax. Agreed?
    yes..agree 100%.your views are correct but the plain truth is that we are harbouring people/foreigners..just not rohingya because they're not form China or the Philippines.and what's wrong with being humane??spore could be an example to the world by giving a helping hand but we chose a blind eye because they will not provide economy or financial boosting for the government.and we don't have to take in all of them,just a few can still make the difference.helping some is better than helping none...doubt a few rohingyas will make us(the richest country in the world) go bankrupt,,little far fetched i would say.

  8. #8

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post

    yes..agree 100%.your views are correct but the plain truth is that we are harbouring people/foreigners..just not rohingya because they're not form China or the Philippines.and what's wrong with being humane??spore could be an example to the world by giving a helping hand but we chose a blind eye because they will not provide economy or financial boosting for the government.and we don't have to take in all of them,just a few can still make the difference.helping some is better than helping none...doubt a few rohingyas will make us(the richest country in the world) go bankrupt,,little far fetched i would say.
    Thunk its not just money problem, its also the social integration and dynamics to the general population. Racial proportion and all that.

    Our govt is v objective. They look at a balanced perspective before making policies.

  10. #10

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Thunk its not just money problem, its also the social inttrouble egratifor on and dyand expect namics to the general population. Racial proportion and all that.

    Our govt is v objective. They look at a balanced perspective before making policies.
    I agree with u wholeheartedly . We have no resources but we had accumalated some cash for raining days. We have to spend it wisely.
    It is very real out there. You help them but who is going to help u when u r in trouble ? Do not depend on or expect others to help u.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post
    ....spore could be an example to the world by giving a helping hand but we chose a blind eye because they will not provide economy or financial boosting for the government.and we don't have to take in all of them,just a few can still make the difference.helping some is better than helping none...doubt a few rohingyas will make us(the richest country in the world) go bankrupt,,little far fetched i would say.
    This is one of the most intelligent and compassionate statements I've heard from a Singaporean. No point to aspire to be a first world nation if we can't display compassion and generosity to the refugees. The world is watching us for such a magnanimous gesture.


  12. #12
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    You help them but who is going to help u when u r in trouble ?
    Please don't forget what you've learned from school:

    "今生积德,来世就有福报."


  13. #13

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post
    yes..agree 100%.your views are correct but the plain truth is that we are harbouring people/foreigners..just not rohingya because they're not form China or the Philippines.and what's wrong with being humane??spore could be an example to the world by giving a helping hand but we chose a blind eye because they will not provide economy or financial boosting for the government.and we don't have to take in all of them,just a few can still make the difference.helping some is better than helping none...doubt a few rohingyas will make us(the richest country in the world) go bankrupt,,little far fetched i would say.
    True. There's one stumbling block though. As a people, Singaporeans are generally compassionate and do think refugees should be helped. BUT (they also think), NOT of out my pocket. You hear it all the time -- government / rich people / MNCs got a lot of money what? Ask them go donate first!
    Not just us of course, but we are a very 'pragmatic' people. That said, I do have hope for the younger generation

  14. #14

    Default

    We are a relatively rich country. We can lend refugees a hand if we really want to. But potential economic and social problems aside, just look at our population density!!!! Where to put more ppl? Throw them at Mandai? Zzz
    hi

  15. #15
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post
    We are a relatively rich country. We can lend refugees a hand if we really want to. But potential economic and social problems aside, just look at our population density!!!! Where to put more ppl? Throw them at Mandai? Zzz
    Don't we need at least 6.9 million people?

  16. #16
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    EU help help ... u promote Human Right and we are coming. please do not turn us away! Help help
    How many Singapore taking... 10,000 / 20,000 ?

    Let EU handle it.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post
    We are a relatively rich country. We can lend refugees a hand if we really want to. But potential economic and social problems aside, just look at our population density!!!! Where to put more ppl? Throw them at Mandai? Zzz
    SENTOSA COVE !! lol
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: EU and Human Right

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post
    We are a relatively rich country. We can lend refugees a hand if we really want to. But potential economic and social problems aside, just look at our population density!!!! Where to put more ppl? Throw them at Mandai? Zzz
    All Singaporeans should condition themselves that they are going to live in a more congested, crowded and noisier city.

    All we need is to become more patient, tolerant and gracious.

  19. #19

    Default

    Singapore to help? Maybe we should consider helping the pioneer generation first sad to see them collecting cardboard and clearing tablets in their final lap.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  20. #20
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: EU and Human Right


    Salman Rushdie on the Refugee Crisis: One Good Reason For Europe to Worry


    https://www.youtube.com/embed/wPFU-44EtGM
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •