Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,145

    Default *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    Hi, please help,

    accidentially deleted a folder saved in the Compact Drive PD70x.

    tried using PC inspector but it recognises the drive but the program gives a error #5 and closes after a while.....

    Your Advice is very much appreciated

    Last edited by Petf69; 10th October 2005 at 12:02 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,145

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    any one tried recovering deleted images from Compact Drive??

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,145

    Default *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    Hi fellow CSers,

    I accidentially deleted a folder in the Compact Drive PD70x.

    tried using PC inspector but it recognises the drive but the program gives a error #5 and shut downs after a while.....

    Please share your experience and any Advice is much appreciated.

  4. #4
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    23,821

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by Petf69
    any one tried recovering deleted images from Compact Drive??
    Noway.

    Happen to me before, bring down to EASTGEAR also can't recover.

    remember this:

    Delete images from Compact Drive are permanent!


    Donít delete any image unless you are very certain donít need it anymore.

  5. #5

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Noway.

    Happen to me before, bring down to EASTGEAR also can't recover.

    remember this:

    Delete images from Compact Drive are permanent!


    Donít delete any image unless you are very certain donít need it anymore.
    Shouldn't be. The HHD in a compact drive is just like any other HDD. When you deleted the files, it's the index that are deleted. The physical files are still there unless you overwrite them with new data.

    My recommendation, if the data lost is of value, send it to a data recover service. They can usually recover some, if not most of the lost data. The key thing is do not try to write additional information onto that HDD until you exhausted all avenue to recover the lost data.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    23,821

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    When I notice I deleted something that Iím not suppose to, I didn't write anything to it.I brought the drive to Eastgear, they are very helpful in this little disaster of mine, But still unable to recover.

  7. #7

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    When I notice I deleted something that Iím not suppose to, I didn't write anything to it.I brought the drive to Eastgear, they are very helpful in this little disaster of mine, But still unable to recover.
    Your PC sees the Compact Drive as another HDD. Wonder why you cannot restore the deleted data from your trashcan? Interesting. May have a problem your your PC?

    Anyway, East Gear won't be able to help. If you HDD did not crash, you just accidentally deleted something, most data recovery service will be able to recover it for you. It will cost a bit, but if the data is valuable, worth every penny. I had an experience last year, cost a bit over 4 figure to recover about 100 GB of data. Send me a PM if you need more info.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    23,821

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Your PC sees the Compact Drive as another HDD. Wonder why you cannot restore the deleted data from your trashcan? Interesting. May have a problem your your PC?

    Anyway, East Gear won't be able to help. If you HDD did not crash, you just accidentally deleted something, most data recovery service will be able to recover it for you. It will cost a bit, but if the data is valuable, worth every penny. I had an experience last year, cost a bit over 4 figure to recover about 100 GB of data. Send me a PM if you need more info.
    Don't know leh. found nothing in the recycle bin how to undelete or recover?
    Anyway, nowaday will not delete anything unless the job is closed and archived into DVD.
    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,288

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    Recovering deleted data is a 50-50% situation. I tried to recover some deleted data and send my hd to 2 companies. They could not recover it. Good thing is no recovery, no charge. However there are people who manage to recover data even after they reformat the disk. But that cost 4K plus. Bottomline is how much you willing to spend to recover it. This range from cheap software that cost =- 100 bucks to software that forensic uses which cost a bomb.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    i am no expert bro ....but ve you tried IMAGE RESCUE found in LEXAR CF cards during your initial purchase ?


    Anybody else can help my bro here ? Anyway, you can also do a search ..remembered willyfoo advised someone on some recovery matter recently The program he recommended was useful.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,145

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    tks Bro.....only you bother......sigh.....

    yeah i have tried a few program.....still working on it.....

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,145

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    right........let me keep working on this then......hope to recover some.....

  13. #13

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive


  14. #14
    Member Adiemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Small island....
    Posts
    1,673

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by Petf69
    right........let me keep working on this then......hope to recover some.....
    PMed you. I might be able to help

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North SG
    Posts
    985

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    try this link http://www.officerecovery.com/downloads.htm there is one call "FreeUndelete" , is a simple software to help you recover your data.

  16. #16

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    Check this out also, there are a number of free utilities doing data recovery, do let us know if it works.

    http://www.ntu.edu.sg/CITS/SoftwareD...es/Desktop.htm

    good luck

  17. #17

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    I think this happened to espn before and he managed to recover some files. You can try contacting him.

    Good luck!

  18. #18

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    I had encountered a situation like this a few years back. I got a software call Active@ File Recovery Professional. I managed to recover about 70% of the data. If you have write stuff into the drive after the incident, chances are the data may have been over-written. You can get this software from download.com or tucows, etc. Good luck.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,145

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    thanks every one for your help.

    I have ordered PhotoRescue Professional online as it found all my photos in less than 3 mins....however after payment...i still have not received the registeration code...its been > 7 hrs........

    oh no.......

  20. #20
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    23,821

    Default Re: *HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by Petf69
    thanks every one for your help.

    I have ordered PhotoRescue Professional online as it found all my photos in less than 3 mins....however after payment...i still have not received the registeration code...its been > 7 hrs........

    oh no.......
    Good to head that.

    How many photo been lost and recover?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •