Thread: Do you "advertise" your equipment on yourselves?

Question Do you "advertise" your equipment on yourselves?

I've seen some photographers who like to sew on brand patches onto their bags or vests. Some even include the specific model of their cameras, or even brand stickers onto their flashguns, camera bodies, etc. (Scared people don't know?)

Then there are those who gaffer-up every single hint of a brand on their cameras and accessories.

Any of us here do such things?
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Default Re: Do you "advertise" your equipment on yourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman
    I've seen some photographers who like to sew on brand patches onto their bags or vests. Some even include the specific model of their cameras, or even brand stickers onto their flashguns, camera bodies, etc.
    They are paid by the manufacturers as walking billboards?

Singaporean photographers are a bunch of exhibitionists and shy shy people.........:-)

Hong Sien

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Singaporean photographers are a bunch of exhibitionists and shy shy people.........:-)

Hong Sien
    If Nikon pays you S$20,000 per year to wear Nikon stickers on your camera bag, would you bend your principles and refuse to be a human ad?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    If Nikon pays you S$20,000 per year to wear Nikon stickers on your camera bag, would you bend your principles and refuse to be a human ad?
    tt is unlikely 2 happen 2 most of us. in most cases, we pay them (buy their product) & advertise 4 them. *look at those neckstrap*

FYI, i dun use neckstrap. if i did mine will read "non" instead of "Canon"! hahaa...

If the price is right, I would even tattoo "Konica-Minolta" on my forehead.

But some of these walking billboards I've seen happened to be shooting small-time events. What's the likelihood of that kind of sponsorship? Anyway, do companies in S'pore actually do that?

I feel like taping up my camera because I notice a lot of people like to judge other people based on the brand of camera they use.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    For even quicker reply use sky writing. All we have to do is look out of the windows. And don't you swear.

For even quicker reply use sky writing. All we have to do is look out of the windows. And don't you swear.
    strange... i wrote an essay... and now i got this ai seh.. wonder my system screw up or the forum screw up...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.