Thread: mountain view..

Default mountain view..

please give me some honest feedback..
    so that i'll be able to learn from you veterans..
    thanks

Default Re: mountain view..

lighting is flat due to the mist? perhaps shooting on much earlier time should be more dramatic?
    btw, could you tell me where is that mountain?

its at the top of mount ophir, malaysia.. tt wasnt really mist.. we were in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by weeman
    its at the top of mount ophir, malaysia.. tt wasnt really mist.. we were in the clouds
    Doesn't really matter whether the place is misty or in the clouds. The pictures, all 5, are flat. The atmospheric condition you are in tends to do that to a picture, but still, no excuse, pictures are flat.

Aside from that, the pictures, 1-4 lack focus. What are you trying to tell? The 5th one, ok, the focus was the bird, but it was out of focus.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Doesn't really matter whether the place is misty or in the clouds. The pictures, all 5, are flat. The atmospheric condition you are in tends to do that to a picture, but still, no excuse, pictures are flat.

Aside from that, the pictures, 1-4 lack focus. What are you trying to tell? The 5th one, ok, the focus was the bird, but it was out of focus.
    weeman. i gotta have to agree with deadpoet. something is lackingto bring out the "It" in the picture. u need more practice and read more photographic books to gain more knowledge.

i believe theres something u need to work on too. coz by looking at your pics, the worst thing i can imagine is that i cant see what are you trying to emphasize. thats most important i believe.

keep shooting. dun give up.this is only the begining of the photography route you are taking..

hi weeman,

usually when we travel and encounter beautiful landscapes, the experience from other senses is quite important. i find this especially true of forests/woods as compared to beaches/mountain views/flat landscapes etc. in such a situation it is difficult to take pictures. i experienced this even in a place like macritchie where i found more opportunites with the lake view or with macro shots rather than just shots of the trails. sometimes in such cases it is better to not take photos and just enjoy the experience.

well, i am guessing that this could be one of the reasons; of course i could be wrong

kashi

i believe when he took this pics, its realli in the hasty conditions because he is gg up in a group with the rangers, so timing is very important. they will rush them up and rush them down...

i had similar experience too. when i was up at mt ophir.

we should all encourage him further. mt ophir do nt have any opportunities for macro too... as for landscapes. its quite hard lah... the onli thing i can thinf off worth shooting is to shoot people trying to overcome the obstacles there...

heh heh. pic1 of the peak of ophir is something that just cant be forgotten....its so characteristic of ophir./.....plus, how many mountain peaks does one see..haha...i miss ophir....

Douglas