Thread: ZD 11-22mm mini review cont'd

Default ZD 11-22mm mini review cont'd

hi guys, i wud like to pick up where kktan left off.

ok, here r a few more pics. the first one is to closely scrutinise the colour error aka Chroma Aberration (CA for short) of this lens. there's no ED element in this lens & how well can it handle CA & renders colour?

take a look at the full pic first:

now take a close look at 100% crop:

besides the obvious blur in the image caused by wind, there's a little CA found but as u can see very clearly, it so little & very well under control.

next we look at the sharpness of this lens.

now why the E sys owners swear by the ZDs? there exist some qualities thats hard to find in another brand of lenses.

lets look at the full pic first:

here is the 100% crop, tell me what u see:

nope, not dead people this time i m afraid. its made in Germany & its 12v 60/55W rating.

the sky highlights r blown cos the pic is exposed for the headlight.

well last but not least, how well does this lens handle distortion?

look no further cos the answer is right here!!

again we look at the actual pic first:

everything looks ok & normal.

now lets take a closer look at it on the bottom left hand corner where the HDB flats are:

what do u guys think? for me, this is among the best kind of distortion i have ever seen. the typical wide lens error is there but thats about it, no huge barrel or pincushion distortion found. ok, u may say that this is not specific enuf, i need to shoot something with checker boxes & straight on. however, i m doing this as a real life situation. the distortion on image looks very well under control.

also noticed there isn't much CA to talk about.

such a beautiful lens & car, all courtesy by kktan. of cos not forgetting to thank the higher level being for HIS blessing on that day for such a wonderful, bright sunny evening.

thx for reading!! have fun shooting & sharing!!

(ps. all images shot on the E300 with ZD 11-22mm were RAW files. converted straight to jpegs using Oly Studio software with no other adjustments or tweaks made. i used the native Oly software for best results & not other 3rd party stuff like RawShooter, C1 capture or Adobe ACR which r not optimised for Oly RAW format. i believe u get better quality using the orignal manufacturer's software)
    Last edited by nightpiper; 9th October 2005 at 03:46 PM.

Default Re: ZD 11-22mm mini review cont'd

Wah KK U stay in that area?

If so looks like we can go take pics together.