Thread: Alternatives to iMac for good sRGB coverage?

Question Alternatives to iMac for good sRGB coverage?

I'll be shifting to a new place soon. Might as well make the best of space optimization so I have been looking at all-in-one PCs to replace my current gig. Currently my box is actually hooked up to a 32 inch LG TV via HDMI. 97% sRGB coverage.

I guess we can be pretty confident that an iMac will provide very good sRGB coverage. But is there any equivalent in Windows land? I have been going through all sorts of reviews and it appears that PC manufacturers could use different panel suppliers in different parts of the world for different batches. Thus difficult to pin down an AIO with good specs and a good display.

Anyone with experience? Laptop suggestions also welcome. Otherwise it appears I'll have to embrace the way of the iMac.

Default Re: Alternatives to iMac for good sRGB coverage?

Oppppsssss edited my reply misread the question

If you want to select the display then select it for yourself and connect it to your computer (whatever maker, model, OS).
    Important is the calibration afterwards.
    EOS

Agree with what Octarine said. You can always buy a good branded desktop and pair it with a good monitor of your choice.

Example; Dell Ultrasharp monitors are factory calibrated. Usually they cover 99% sRGB. Some pricier models support Adobe RGB as well (as well as some NEC and Ezio monitors).