Thread: Using Canon A40 to take night shots

freehtml
    Guests

Default Using Canon A40 to take night shots

What are the setting or things I need to know in order to use Canon A40 to do night shots?

u need tripod
    use manual option, set shutter to 3 or 4s and try...

freehtml
    Guests

Originally posted by baiyun
    u need tripod
    use manual option, set shutter to 3 or 4s and try...
    I may go to CP this weekend to take a look...

It depend on the subjects that you are taking. Without tripod, you can make use of the surrounding support such as bench (if any) etc.
    Beside setting between 3 - 4 sec, you may try to set low aperture value F2.8 to F4 depending on the zoom. If too bright, try to have shorter shutter speed such as 1 sec etc. You may also try with high aperture value such as F8 to F14 but you will required a longer exposure from 5 sec to 10 sec.

freehtml
    Guests

Originally posted by cillin
    It depend on the subjects that you are taking. Without tripod, you can make use of the surrounding support such as bench (if any) etc.
    Beside setting between 3 - 4 sec, you may try to set low aperture value F2.8 to F4 depending on the zoom. If too bright, try to have shorter shutter speed such as 1 sec etc. You may also try with high aperture value such as F8 to F14 but you will required a longer exposure from 5 sec to 10 sec.
    I guess I must read up more on the photography jargons

Originally posted by freehtml

I guess I must read up more on the photography jargons
    You may read up the user guide on pg 69 on how to set and try out. "Free" flim and developing for digital camera.

For Glossary, http://www.clubsnap.org/display.php?...sary/index.htm
    Last edited by cillin; 21st October 2002 at 11:27 PM.

freehtml
    Guests

I will try it tonite

Default -

hi

new to digital , so need to ask the experts here for the A40, can it take the Ridata 256 or 125 MB card ? also, what's the widest aperure for the wide and tele ends ? TIA

Default Re: -

Originally posted by victor
    hi

new to digital , so need to ask the experts here for the A40, can it take the Ridata 256 or 125 MB card ? also, what's the widest aperure for the wide and tele ends ? TIA
    A40 can take Ridata 256MB or 128MB (I presumed 125MB is a typo error). Widest aperture for wide and tele, please refer to the user guide. There are 2 aperture settings for each lens setting.