Thread: Ricoh GR dilemma

Default Ricoh GR dilemma

Been using my Ricoh GR for the past year, I really like the IQ and the controls.
    Only downside I am facing is the AF can be a hit & miss especially on low light.

We are expecting a newborn soon and wonder if I should get a 2nd camera to complement the GR.
    Currently I am looking at the new Oly EM10 M2, hoping to have a quicker AF and video capabilities.

Prefer not to get something too expensive (> 1k mark), is there any other good alternatives?

Sony RX100? The best compact camera your money can buy currently.
    Why pixel-peep? Go out and shoot more!
    Kon's Flickr

Tried the RX100 series, anyone who likes Ricoh GR for its one-handed operation, DSLR-like quick response will be frustrated by the small size, slippery surface, and computer-like interface of the RX100s.

If AF is not working well on GR, try the snap focus mode which is a unique feature on it. But yeah the video quality on GR is pretty lousy and a small M4/3 system could be a good complement.

Recently travelled with a GR and EM5+45/1.8, covered street shooting, candid and portrait shots, landscape shots all quite well. 7.5mm Samyang, and Oly 40-150R are also good lenses to complement a GR.

Default Re: Ricoh GR dilemma

Yeap, pretty much my thought on RX100. They are good but it is too small for me.
    Snap focus might not work so well when for kids.