Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Issuance of Payslip by companies necessary by law?

  1. #1

    Default Issuance of Payslip by companies necessary by law?

    Hi, I'd like to ask if the issuance of a payslip at the end of every working month and stating down all details like deductions, gross salary, etc.... is required by law, for all companies.

    Also, all deductions should be stated right? Be it the usual ones like CDAC or CPF contributions, or any deductions, say for misconduct or absence from work etc.....

  2. #2

    Lightbulb Re: Issuance of Payslip by companies necessary by law?

    cannot remember the legality aspect of it. but certainly proper and good hr practice to do so. if not, i cannot imagine the amt of questions from employees which are likely to bombard the hr dept. phew!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Issuance of Payslip by companies necessary by law?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Hi, I'd like to ask if the issuance of a payslip at the end of every working month and stating down all details like deductions, gross salary, etc.... is required by law, for all companies.

    Also, all deductions should be stated right? Be it the usual ones like CDAC or CPF contributions, or any deductions, say for misconduct or absence from work etc.....
    don't think so, my company - MNC - only has e-payslips.

    yup, all contributions/deductions etc should be stated

  4. #4

    Default Re: Issuance of Payslip by companies necessary by law?

    Yup, good operating practice of course.

    But it's a small firm you see. Now play pattern, employee got a fully legal Medical Certificate and the boss wants to deduct salary + CPF from the gross salary.

  5. #5

    Lightbulb Re: Issuance of Payslip by companies necessary by law?

    as an employee, you have right to know what are the legal deductions which may be made against your salary. if you feel that the deduction/s in question is illegal or unjustified, consult MoM for advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Yup, good operating practice of course.

    But it's a small firm you see. Now play pattern, employee got a fully legal Medical Certificate and the boss wants to deduct salary + CPF from the gross salary.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 7th October 2005 at 09:52 PM.

  6. #6

    Lightbulb Re: Issuance of Payslip by companies necessary by law?

    i believe such e-payslips are considered as payslips too in the age of paperless office.

    Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks
    don't think so, my company - MNC - only has e-payslips.

    yup, all contributions/deductions etc should be stated

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •