Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 131

Thread: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Xin Jia Po
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888
    Go to other shops in the heartlands like MS Color in Ang Mo Kio Central Blk 711 or in town in Peninsula go to Cathay Photo or Alan Photo in Funan. Get a feel of the cams and the prices are not RRP, but at a discounted rate of 10 to 15%.

    Cheers....

    what's RRP? retailed price? me newbie la.

  2. #42
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuzJaz
    what's RRP? retailed price? me newbie la.
    Recommended Retail Price

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuzJaz
    where got show-off?? btw, such a huge thing, so easily pick-pocketed?? cant even fit into my pocket sia but well, u point out a good fact, using a very expensive camera oso gotta be extra careful...cuz u're easily targeted but it's ok. im not holding DSLR. u know..those thousands of dollars lens
    u mistaken liao, its not ur cam get pick-pocketed. its ur other stuffz. if u concentrate 2 much on setting ur cam u may not b aware of wads going on ard u- however near.

    its oso no fun taking a long time 2 figure out settings of ur new cam while others r shopping & soaking up d atmosphere!

    dun buy Sony lah, they'll squeeze ur wallet dry cos their spare parts so exclusive. hahaa...

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Xin Jia Po
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    spare part like wat?

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuzJaz
    spare part like wat?
    memory card? hmm, filter adaptor? hmm, i dunno le...

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    oh sorry, din kno filter adaptor & hood come w/ d cam free.

    FYI, but FZ20 look bigger w/ d filter adaptor.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Xin Jia Po
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    oh sorry, din kno filter adaptor & hood come w/ d cam free.

    FYI, but FZ20 look bigger w/ d filter adaptor.
    yea..lens adapter n hood is free..
    so i most prob need:

    -UV filter
    -cleaning kit
    -512 memory stick..

    & tat's going last me a long long time...

    juz saw a sony ad..got exhibition sale at suntec. 21-23rd oct.. H1 sellin at $849+ free gifts... it says + MSX-512s memory stick pro & NH AA 2DB 2 pcs Ni-MH battery. duno wat other free gifts. wonder if it's good deal...but definitely come in a good time!

  8. #48

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuzJaz
    yea..lens adapter n hood is free..
    so i most prob need:

    -UV filter
    -cleaning kit
    -512 memory stick..

    & tat's going last me a long long time...

    juz saw a sony ad..got exhibition sale at suntec. 21-23rd oct.. H1 sellin at $849+ free gifts... it says + MSX-512s memory stick pro & NH AA 2DB 2 pcs Ni-MH battery. duno wat other free gifts. wonder if it's good deal...but definitely come in a good time!
    The spare batteries are definitely a must have. You may need a camera pouch and a simple tripot for night shooting as well. Compare their price with that of MS colour or Cathay Photo. If the freebies are good, mai tu liao!!

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Xin Jia Po
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    problem is, they never state wat freebie...*pengz*

  10. #50

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    before u buy sony, bear in mind that ur memory stick is not able to use on any other device except sony cams.

    Whatever storage medis canon is using eg, u'll be able to use it on other cams and else where.
    Eg. CF is widely used by canon, oly, nikon and laptops as well....How abt MS?

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by yzr500abe
    before u buy sony, bear in mind that ur memory stick is not able to use on any other device except sony cams.

    Whatever storage medis canon is using eg, u'll be able to use it on other cams and else where.
    Eg. CF is widely used by canon, oly, nikon and laptops as well....How abt MS?
    & SD!

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuzJaz
    problem is, they never state wat freebie...*pengz*
    likely cheap stuff. i remember once Nikon / Canon, etc give 10+ free gift some items incl. water bottle, umbrella, termal mug, "obiang looking" dry-box, etc.

    jus look out 4 freebies like spare batt & memory card. its unlikely u will get mid / high end filter, tripod, cam bag 4 free. its wiser 2 take ur gears out 4 a day trip out 2 town den u kno wad kinda bag, tripod, etc accessories will suite u betta.

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Xin Jia Po
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    & SD!

    well, the same goes for SD card too. SD to me, is like memory stick too, if i choose to get canon. for me, my current cf card is only used on photo-taking. tat's it. so i guess the same would go for memory stick/SD.

    actually what is the issue with memory stick, except the cost would be higher? it's pretty much like SD to me. if i get SD, even though cheaper, i have no use of SD elsewhere. as mentioned, i'll only get a 512 memory stick n tat's it.

    i'm more of contented to get a good camera & enuff memory to play with. i dun have extra cash to throw on equipments like tripod or more memory. not to say they arent good but im not tat sucked into the photography whirlwind..if u get wat i mean...after the getting the camera, i'll get a wide lens, after wide lens, i'll get tele lens, after tat i'll get this n tat, etc...i simply do not have tat kinda financial stability to do so.

    well, this is the situation for me, hence i think this way. hope i din offend anyone, juz wanna speak it out, dun mean to target anyone or any brand. when i'm more financially stable, maybe the whirlwind will get me.

  14. #54
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuzJaz
    well, the same goes for SD card too. SD to me, is like memory stick too, if i choose to get canon. for me, my current cf card is only used on photo-taking. tat's it. so i guess the same would go for memory stick/SD.

    actually what is the issue with memory stick, except the cost would be higher? it's pretty much like SD to me. if i get SD, even though cheaper, i have no use of SD elsewhere. as mentioned, i'll only get a 512 memory stick n tat's it.

    i'm more of contented to get a good camera & enuff memory to play with. i dun have extra cash to throw on equipments like tripod or more memory. not to say they arent good but im not tat sucked into the photography whirlwind..if u get wat i mean...after the getting the camera, i'll get a wide lens, after wide lens, i'll get tele lens, after tat i'll get this n tat, etc...i simply do not have tat kinda financial stability to do so.

    well, this is the situation for me, hence i think this way. hope i din offend anyone, juz wanna speak it out, dun mean to target anyone or any brand. when i'm more financially stable, maybe the whirlwind will get me.
    Way to go girl! But you should seriously consider a tripod. No need so good and ex, get one thats strong/light enough to handle your cam's weight. A wide lens will come in handy thou.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Way to go girl! But you should seriously consider a tripod. No need so good and ex, get one thats strong/light enough to handle your cam's weight. A wide lens will come in handy thou.
    Agree, tripod is a must must. Unless you have concrete stable hands for night and telephoto shots. Even with IS, shaking is still a problem with most ppl.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by JuzJaz
    well, the same goes for SD card too. SD to me, is like memory stick too, if i choose to get canon. for me, my current cf card is only used on photo-taking. tat's it. so i guess the same would go for memory stick/SD.

    actually what is the issue with memory stick, except the cost would be higher? it's pretty much like SD to me. if i get SD, even though cheaper, i have no use of SD elsewhere. as mentioned, i'll only get a 512 memory stick n tat's it.

    i'm more of contented to get a good camera & enuff memory to play with. i dun have extra cash to throw on equipments like tripod or more memory. not to say they arent good but im not tat sucked into the photography whirlwind..if u get wat i mean...after the getting the camera, i'll get a wide lens, after wide lens, i'll get tele lens, after tat i'll get this n tat, etc...i simply do not have tat kinda financial stability to do so.

    well, this is the situation for me, hence i think this way. hope i din offend anyone, juz wanna speak it out, dun mean to target anyone or any brand. when i'm more financially stable, maybe the whirlwind will get me.
    oic. if momory stick is ok w/ u den go 4 sony loh. as 4 stuff like tis lense that lense?, i got 2 2nd-hand lenses under $600 woh. zoom range from 19-200mm combined. hee..

    2nd film SLR now $200 can get gd 1!

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    wen whirlwind come i hope 2 catch it! wheee....
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 15th October 2005 at 09:12 PM.

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Way to go girl! But you should seriously consider a tripod. No need so good and ex, get one thats strong/light enough to handle your cam's weight. A wide lens will come in handy thou.
    ya, carbon fibre is gd enough!! if not jus get a mini table-top type can liao...

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Xin Jia Po
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    thanks all, i MIGHT get a tripod if it's within my budget. is carbon fibre a brand of tripod or something?? sore-eyez..SLR is nono for me. ahahaha..it means i need to constantly buy films..go darkroom..which all i have no knowledge of! guess i'll juz wanna play with 'instant' camera with some manuals setting. ahahaha...

    is the following good?
    512 memory stick pro - Sony MSX-512n @s$155, OR MSX-512S Pro @S$100
    -cleaning kit - Akarui 1704H @S$6
    -UV filter - Hoya 58 UV @S$11

    is Hoya 58 UV good??? i duno wat kinda filter to get for the lens..

  20. #60

    Default Re: Sony DSC-H1 or Canon S2 IS?

    carbon fibre tripod is kinda ex...normal tripod will do IMHO.

    Why not u consider cameras using CF, 1Gb CF is priced at $120 thereabouts( sandisk i think), CF lexar pro 80x is selling at i think $135 only.

    Uv filter will be good too, many use it to protect their lens, not sure whats ur thread size though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •