Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips for street photography in SG

Default Re: Tips for street photography in SG

Is it worth it to get just one out of 10K???
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Quote Originally Posted by ALFREDC View Post
    Do not shoot and cause uneasiness to other people. As long as you do that, regardless whether you are legally ok to do or not, it doesn't matter, you already failed the moral code of street photography.

Most street photos are just worthless snap shots. Don't even deserve an upload to the PC, much less to say upload to flickr or clubsnap.

Only a very low number deserve to be framed.

Out of 10 thousand street photos, less than one get printed. Thats the hard truth.
    Not sure if there is ever a standard moral code for street photography, but the golden rule I take is to not take pictures of people in distress - homeless, beggars.

I think street photography is too wide of a genre. Different pictures appeal to different people. And whether it's a good shot or a bad shot, it depends on the viewers subjective impression and thoughts of the picture. So to say that only 1 out of 10000 street photos are good, i'd say there is no objective metric in this statement whatsoever.
    Hobbyist Black and White Photographer
    Join me in my black and white photography blog

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Is it worth it to get just one out of 10K???
    It is like the feeling of getting a ultra rare card in a trading card game ... Or a super rare drop in a mmorpg .. Haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123