Thread: Upcoming wedding shoot

Default Upcoming wedding shoot

Have an upcoming wedding shoot next weekend at Holy Family church.

Was just wondering if anyone's got any feedback regarding the layout of the church in relation to shooting?

Has anyone encountered any difficulties/obstacles shooting there? Any tips or pointers?

Default Re: Upcoming wedding shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre of Fyre
    Have an upcoming wedding shoot next weekend at Holy Family church.

Was just wondering if anyone's got any feedback regarding the layout of the church in relation to shooting?

Has anyone encountered any difficulties/obstacles shooting there? Any tips or pointers?
    I think you should go there yourself, either recon or actual day. But better check if you're allowed to move around and shoot with flash. One church I went to, flash and moving around is not allowed so tripod was really useful (too bad I did not bring). The window was also tinted yellow so all the purple flowers became blue in my preview screen.

If it is a Catholic Church, check if flash light is allowed cos I understand during the speech and process, the pastor will not like it. Set to higher ISO may help. Cheers!

Holy Family is a Catholic Church and Flash is allowed.

Holy family? the one at Katong?

Check with judeseah, he shot a wedding at the church a few weeks ago.

I suggest u drop by during the wedding rehearsal if any and check with the priest. It will also familiarize you with the proceedings.

catholic churches allow flash photog. im from holy fam too, so do pm me if there's anything particular you need to know - best still, is to be at the rehearsal if your not familiar with the sequence. (quite a number of things happen rather back-to-back during the rings/eucharist/signing/walking out).

if it is a weekend, you need to confirm with the couple if the priest is celebrating a SERVICE or a MASS. the mass is more elaborate, but *may* not be celebrated if the priest feels its too rushed for a weekend.

keep a lookout (beware) for the nice stained-glass window above the sancutary. morning/noon sun comes right through there.

You can ask the couple to check first or on the day itself, check with the priest if you can use flash and where are the out of bound areas. And remember, in the church the priest have the final say, you're in his house so play by his rules.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by uncleparty
    keep a lookout (beware) for the nice stained-glass window above the sancutary. morning/noon sun comes right through there.
    shooting the stained glass with the sun shining through it is wedding couples always love these shots
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time