Since I don’t work in an office full of co-workers, I am often looking for opportunities to be part of a bigger community. I’m not alone, and I know many freelancers want the chance to give back to the community at-large, while doing the work they love. If you’re a photographer or filmmaker, you might want to check out Fotolanthropy. This non-profit group puts photographers together with people who have an inspiring story to tell. These people have overcome adversity and Fotolanthropy gets their stories out to the world. Interested photographers that meet the group’s professional requirements can sign up to be part of the Fotolanthropy Fotocrew. The group then pairs photographers with the subjects of an approved story. The Fotocrew member gives the subjects a photo session—and often creates a video as well—that will become a slideshow to accompany the blog post for the Fotolanthropy website. The story’s subjects gets the photos, their inspirational story gets told, and the photographer gets the satisfaction of giving their time and talent to those in need. This story was brought to our attention by the folks at Fotostrap, which donates 10% of proceeds to the Fotolanthropy cause. Their huge selection of camera [...]
The post Fotolanthropy Offers Photographers a Chance to Give Back appeared first on CreativePro.com.

More...