Thread: Help needed

Default Help needed

Hello everybody. Can I get help from the gurus here?

My friend has a Minolta 80 PX flash and a Vivitar 100mm 1:2.8, 1:1 Macro Telephoto lens and would like to get a digital SLR body for use. As we are both dentists, we do a lot of close-up intra-oral photography.

Hence we would like to know which DSLR body is compatible with BOTH the flash and lens listed above. The lens is a manual lens. Unfortunately he could not furnish the model numbers. What he has is the above.

Thank you to all in advance

Elvin

Default Re: Help needed

Vivitar is a third partly lens maker .... meaning, the lens might be made for any body. You need to provide more information, at least show a picture of the lens so people might identify it. You information are virtually useless.

Anyway, your minolta 80 PX is a ring flash for Minolta MD body, thus if the Vivitar lens is used for the same MD body, I regret to tell you, there is no digital bodies that can take MD mount system without an adapter.
    Last edited by blurblock; 7th October 2005 at 11:14 AM.

by the time u buy an adapter, u may find that the old lens may not work at all with the body. it is a risk.

y not just get the KM 5d? built in AS. get a tamron 90mm macro + macro flash. for u dentists, AS would be helpful.

Hello!
    Thanks to everyone for the prompt replies.

Will check with my fren the specs and models and will post further...2 weeks later...he is away.

BTW is AS the same as AF?

Elvin

Quote Originally Posted by elvinlwj
    Hello!
    Thanks to everyone for the prompt replies.

Will check with my fren the specs and models and will post further...2 weeks later...he is away.

BTW is AS the same as AF?

Elvin
    AS = Anti Shake (Meaning better for handheld and Macro pictures where shaking is magnified)
    AF = Autofocus