Thread: Th World Order

Default Th World Order

1. In Feb 2013 crude oil was USD103
    2. In Sep 2015 crude is USD44
    3. OPEC refuses to cut oil production???????
    4. RMB against USD hovering around 0.16- 0.165
    5. China happily buys oil from Russia but at a discounted $$(Chinese happy and Russia not happy)
    6. China export getting expensive and internal consumption getting saturated.
    7. China gives less to support Africa, Latin America etc as RMB is high.
    8. China devalues RMB to catch up with the rest

At the end, who benefit?

Default Re: Th World Order

1. Price to high
    2. Price still to high
    3. Trying to keep market share
    4. Always in flux...why compare anyways?
    5. Russia happy because someone is trading with them
    6. Quality of China goods right now not good enough but getting there.
    7. Big mistake...need friends
    8. They have tightly controlled their money up to now.

Not common men for sure.

China has to buy time to 'grow' it's huge population or their new age will fizzle out.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 31st August 2015 at 12:15 PM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

1. Price too high but still buying from them..No choice
    2. Price half better than paying full..
    3. If you cut production, I will produce more as i have found cheap and good oil
    4. Buy low sell high ...hope to take advantage
    5. Russia has no choice as other force not to buy from them.. OPEC has a lot to offer
    6. China tries to catch up.. but must change their mindset!
    7. Needs more friends and she had been circled
    8. Hope to make China good more competitive and export.. but internal may suffer.. need to strike a balance

The world order is very dynamic.. somebody is trying to push somebody away from the arena.. trying luck to see whether it works. Another breakup just like Soviet Union. Our China friend is pushing a bit too far. It maybe calm before a storm. Too many high level implicated!
    Last edited by Yappy; 31st August 2015 at 01:09 PM.

One significant thing China might better do is quit trying to manhandle the human rights situation as in arresting and making 'disappear' lawyers in China who fight for human rights or any other opposition for that matter. I read somewhere the other day that in the past 6 months or so they have disappeared over a 100 of these lawyers. China's growth over the past 30 years has empowered the people. A revolt there would be a bloody business for humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    1. In Feb 2013 crude oil was USD103
    2. In Sep 2015 crude is USD44
    3. OPEC refuses to cut oil production???????
    4. RMB against USD hovering around 0.16- 0.165
    5. China happily buys oil from Russia but at a discounted $$(Chinese happy and Russia not happy)
    6. China export getting expensive and internal consumption getting saturated.
    7. China gives less to support Africa, Latin America etc as RMB is high.
    8. China devalues RMB to catch up with the rest

At the end, who benefit?
    Whatever can happen to world order we are sure that Singapore's place in the First World's order will be cemented, strengthened and continued as long as we know how to elect a winning team successively.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Whatever can happen to world order we are sure that Singapore's place in the First World's order will be cemented, strengthened and continued as long as we know how to elect a winning team successively.

I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Charity starts from home!

When the world's oil producing countries began to demand to be paid in gold or other precious metals is when the world order will change radically. The fiat currency that is the US dollar will flat line and the USA will want to kick the house of Saud in the head. It will happen soon too because as per our agreement with Sauds about protecting them in exchange for the petro dollar status is seen by the Sauds as a default on our part. We have stirred a hornets nest over there and the Sauds are pissed about us not taking care of the Syrian or Iranian threat to their security. Russia China the BRICS are already trading without the dollar involved so the transition is about 75% complete. Watch for demands of payment in gold to signal the end of the game.

Bros it is very serious nowadays and most Americans are asleep at the wheel. It will be super painful. The way you guys are tied to the Brits and to us is going to make it ripple through Singapore big time. If anyone thinks any politician can stop it I think they are barking up the wrong tree.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 1st September 2015 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Bros it is very serious nowadays and most Americans are asleep at the wheel. It will be super painful. The way you guys are tied to the Brits and to us is going to make it ripple through Singapore big time. If anyone thinks any politician can stop it I think they are barking up the wrong tree.
    You are wrong brother. We are with China. We don't think highly of Ang Moh.

We will rise with China to take over the first world order.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You are wrong brother. We are with China. We don't think highly of Ang Moh.

We will rise with China to take over the first world order.

Oh I understand that all to well bro. The question is what do your political leaders want? Another question is what will Ang Moh politicians do? I'm sorry about the second part - they have been known to destroy whole swaths of civilization just because and they have always been very capable. Just ask the Germans and the Japanese my friend...their underestimation of America cost them dearly.

I am not good at predicting the future but I do agree with you to some extent.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 1st September 2015 at 10:34 AM.

Oh I understand that all to well bro. The question is what do your political leaders want? Another question is what will Ang Moh politicians do? I'm sorry about the second part - they have been known to destroy whole swaths of civilization just because and they have always been very capable. Just ask the Germans and the Japanese my friend...their underestimation of America cost them dearly.

I am not good at predicting the future but I do agree with you to some extent.
    Singapore did a very good thing that no other countries had done., that is we are friends with all superpowers, be it China, US, Germany, Japan and whoever. We may be a small dot on map, but all big boys respect us. Even better than the Swiss.

How we do it? Through strong close diplomatic ways. We are the East meets West country. Western educated with Asian perspectives and languages.

We know how each big boy thinks and reacts.

This give us the advantages of not fearing who goes down, and who comes up. We can flip our "friendship" to either way without hurting the other party.

We were already making friends with MAO Zedong and Deng Xiaoping at that time when the western world scorn at them. Did that even offend the US or UK? No. US and western world even more want to befriend us at that time too.
    Last edited by donut88; 1st September 2015 at 11:57 AM.

Please allow me to exit this conversation bros...we have become political again and I don't think our moderators will be pleased with this.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 1st September 2015 at 01:31 PM.

The Ang Moh is good in creating chaotic. As long as the other parts of the world is in unstable state, they are the king.
    The rise of Asia, China and India have set the world order in another perspective. US, Euro, China, Russia and India are trying to find a equilibrium.
    Euro is still finding a good ground to stand
    US appears to head for recovery
    India plays low key till now
    China realizes that their games of getting more friends maybe getting aground. As our friend is making too many enemies at home, he will need more time to get his own house in order. Good opportunity for the Ang Moh to step in.
    Middle East is only a pawn. They are confused as they have too many directions to move. They count on their oil to stay a float. No more can they use the oil as a weapon as the US has more to offer. If US flood the market with their oil, more ISS will appear.
    The bear who once a mighty nation has more bone, fur than muscle but still trying to exercise the bear hug although not as strong as before.

Sigh....

Please allow me to exit this conversation bros...we have become political again and I don't think our moderators will be pleased with this.
    Don't worry abt the mods. As long as we talk sense here for discussions purposes, I'm sure mods will allow the engagements

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Singapore did a very good thing that no other countries had done., that is we are friends with all superpowers, be it China, US, Germany, Japan and whoever. We may be a small dot on map, but all big boys respect us. Even better than the Swiss.

How we do it? Through strong close diplomatic ways. We are the East meets West country. Western educated with Asian perspectives and languages.

We know how each big boy thinks and reacts.

This give us the advantages of not fearing who goes down, and who comes up. We can flip our "friendship" to either way without hurting the other party.

We were already making friends with MAO Zedong and Deng Xiaoping at that time when the western world scorn at them. Did that even offend the US or UK? No. US and western world even more want to befriend us at that time too.
    You are right.

World order is like stacking donuts.

Big donuts at the bottom supporting the smaller donuts at the top.

The following is an extract from an article written by Ms Chan Heng Chee titled:

The Three Lee Kuan Yews That I Know:
    Tough Prime Minister; Perfectionist Writer; Elder Statesman

"Elder statesman

As ambassador in Washington, I accompanied him and Mrs Lee when he
    visited the US as Senior Minister and later Minister Mentor. Whatever
    his title, Americans at the highest levels - presidents, secretaries
    of state, defence or treasury, elected representatives - made time for
    him. They wanted to hear his assessments of Asia and the world.

Ex-presidents and prime ministers of other countries do not normally
    get a White House meeting with American presidents. Mr Lee was the
    rare exception. The captains of industry and business, the chairmen
    and CEOs too were eager to get a share of his time and insights.

Mr Lee knew how to put a point across that landed the punch and left a
    strong impression with his American hosts. He never told anyone what
    they wanted to hear. He told them what he thought. In these meetings
    he infused American officials and industry with confidence and trust
    in Singapore and Singaporeans. He created our brand name, and
    investments flowed into our country.

Mr Lee was strong and energetic when he came to the US in the
    mid-1990s. His visit was the best thing for an ambassador, for his
    name opened doors. I noticed then that sometimes when asked a
    question, he would admit frankly that he did not know the answer. He
    was a mellower and more philosophical Lee Kuan Yew."

This is LKY.