Thread: High end Cleaning accessories??

Default High end Cleaning accessories??

Hi,
    I was hoping to get some good/high end cleaning accessories for my new digi cam; e.g blower, cleaning solutions...etc.

Price is not an issue, any recommendation on what to get and where? Thanks!

Default Re: High end Cleaning accessories??

Originally posted by parn23
    Hi,
    I was hoping to get some good/high end cleaning accessories for my new digi cam; e.g blower, cleaning solutions...etc.

Price is not an issue, any recommendation on what to get and where? Thanks!

Try the lens pen! One end is the retractable brush while the other end is a cleaning round 'pad' that cleans superbly from edge to edge. No cleaning solution needed, just do it yourself with free condensation/exhalation before cleaning. It works really well.

But, please make sure you brush away any dust or particle settled on the lens before you start cleaning!!!

Cheap cheap at $10, try the shop opposite Cathay Photo.

As for blower, get those heavy duty ones ($7 to $10 I think). The cheaper ones (especially those came with or as a cleaning kit) tend to get punctured very easily... avoid!

thanks for advice. At the moment I only got a rodenstock micro-fiber cleaning cloth.
    I know it's not enough, but I don't know what else is needed... perhaps a jumbo hurricane blower?? I saw it at cathay photo selling for $18. Anyway, if I were to get a good cleaning solution,
    any recommendations?

Originally posted by parn23
    thanks for advice. At the moment I only got a rodenstock micro-fiber cleaning cloth.
    I know it's not enough, but I don't know what else is needed... perhaps a jumbo hurricane blower?? I saw it at cathay photo selling for $18. Anyway, if I were to get a good cleaning solution,
    any recommendations?

I first started using those cleaning kit, cleaning cloth and cleaning solution. What I get was a scratched lens with abit of curse and swear.

Since I turned to lens pen, I don't need any other.... But I still use the Hurricane Blower ($7 I think in Ruby Photo, Opp TCW)

oh no... can't imagine such a disaster could happen.
    then I think i will stick with what I have now. Thanks for sharing the experience.

i got deer skin from konica......to wipe my lenses......cost abt 10 bucks ......great........for all glasses......