Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 203

Thread: Wanted: Private Instructor

  1. #181

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    of course she has...

    who hasn't?

    i'm sure she's done nottier things too.
    Nottier things? like?
    It isnt nice to say me till like this ok?
    And for the word 'sure'... how sure are you?
    Please dont denigrate. Thanks.
    Have you read IT???

  2. #182
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,487

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    Nottier things? like?
    It isnt nice to say me till like this ok?
    And for the word 'sure'... how sure are you?
    Please dont denigrate. Thanks.
    you sound defensive... wasn't being, or intending to be, denigrating at all! (had to check the dictionary for that one!)

    being "notti" doesn't have to be denigrative... if there's such a word.

  3. #183

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    you sound defensive... wasn't being, or intending to be, denigrating at all! (had to check the dictionary for that one!)

    being "notti" doesn't have to be denigrative... if there's such a word.
    If it wasnt meant to be denigrating at all, then I will take back my words.
    But I really wonder how sure are you? And what makes you to be so sure?
    Have you read IT???

  4. #184
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,487

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    If it wasnt meant to be denigrating at all, then I will take back my words.
    But I really wonder how sure are you? And what makes you to be so sure?
    hmm.. maybe i shouldn't have used the word "sure" then huh?

    it's just a way of speaking.

    besides, if u weren't "notti"; if ANYONE wasn't "notti", they'd be boring, and i prob won't post in your thread. actually, now that i read back.. i dunno why i did. just dun ask me how i define "un-notti" = "boring"... it's 4+ am....

    but hey, thanx for the new word, i actually did look it up on the online dictionary.

  5. #185

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    hmm.. maybe i shouldn't have used the word "sure" then huh?

    it's just a way of speaking.

    besides, if u weren't "notti"; if ANYONE wasn't "notti", they'd be boring, and i prob won't post in your thread. actually, now that i read back.. i dunno why i did. just dun ask me how i define "un-notti" = "boring"... it's 4+ am....

    but hey, thanx for the new word, i actually did look it up on the online dictionary.
    Probably instead of "i'm sure", "i guess" may be a better way to express. What say you?
    But thanks for dropping by my thread.

    Haha good that you learn a new word. No one's too old to learn. Lols!!
    You know what does 'denigrate' means already right?
    Have you read IT???

  6. #186
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,487

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    Probably instead of "i'm sure", "i guess" may be a better way to express. What say you?
    But thanks for dropping by my thread.

    Haha good that you learn a new word. No one's too old to learn. Lols!!
    You know what does 'denigrate' means already right?
    now you call me old!!! you denigrative woman you!!

    ya the dictionary does a good job.

  7. #187
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO

    ya the dictionary does a good job.
    Explain leh....i lazy to check dict. Wah learn a new word today.

  8. #188
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,487

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Explain leh....i lazy to check dict. Wah learn a new word today.
    cut and paste for u lor:

    den·i·grate
    tr.v. den·i·grat·ed, den·i·grat·ing, den·i·grates

    1. To attack the character or reputation of; speak ill of; defame.
    2. To disparage; belittle: The critics have denigrated our efforts.

    from: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=denigrate

  9. #189

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    i just got another contact from another instructor.
    i think whats most impt for an instructor that i wish to engage is that he should be ale to communicate well with me in English, rather than in Mandarin.

    so this instructor that i just got to have his number speaks english, but his fee is 24 and 26 bucks for weekdays and weekends respectively. whereas the one hat i have actually considering for the past few weeks charges me only 22 bucks flat rate, he's more of a mandarin-speaking guy.

    what you guys advise? :-/
    Have you read IT???

  10. #190
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,487

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    hey besides driving lesson, u get chinese lessons too, for cheaper.

    if u are a true singaporean, the choice is clear!!!

  11. #191

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Fwah, this kind of thread can generate so many responses huh.. Just because the starter is a young lady? Interesting if u look at the link between gender and continuation of threads.

    Lil princess, seems like u've been considering for a loooong time. Just take the step NOW and make yr move! The more u procrastinate and worry and worry, the more u will delay and be concerned about the wrong things.

    Communication is definitely impt when u learn something, especially driving. Since English is your preferred medium, go for the instructor who speaks English, even though it costs more. But of cos, no one can guarantee u he will be better than others (who speak Mandarin). But that's life, if u dun try, u won't know. I wud advise u though, to get someone who has been recommended b4. More assurance. But again, he's not necessarily better than others.

    Happy driving!

  12. #192

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Fwah, this kind of thread can generate so many responses huh.. Just because the starter is a young lady? Interesting if u look at the link between gender and continuation of threads.

    Lil princess, seems like u've been considering for a loooong time. Just take the step NOW and make yr move! The more u procrastinate and worry and worry, the more u will delay and be concerned about the wrong things.

    Communication is definitely impt when u learn something, especially driving. Since English is your preferred medium, go for the instructor who speaks English, even though it costs more. But of cos, no one can guarantee u he will be better than others (who speak Mandarin). But that's life, if u dun try, u won't know. I wud advise u though, to get someone who has been recommended b4. More assurance. But again, he's not necessarily better than others.

    Happy driving!
    Hi David, thanks for your suggestions. Well it isnt that I want to drag on for so long, but I intend to take my Advanced theory test first before taking up pratical driving lessons. So I have time to consider.

    The Chinese speaking one was recommended, but the English one is I simply walked up to him to ask for his number

    I do not think that its because of a difference in the gender which gave me big response to this thread. I detest gender comparisons btw.
    Last edited by lil_princess; 25th November 2005 at 03:34 PM.
    Have you read IT???

  13. #193
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,539

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    ....... I do not think that its because of a difference in the gender which gave me bug response to this thread. I detest gender comparisons btw.
    Sad but true....

  14. #194

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    As long as the price is the market price and the instructor have a good reputation it's good enough. Even if you can understand only english and simple chinese can liao, as long as the instructor is one that is talking and teaching and not keeping quiet all the while and only looking in front waiting for accident claims can liao

    UBI test routes are all quite simple if you get the direction correct as in which lane you should be in, which lane turn to which lane. Watch out for the many turn left on red, and also green arrow turn left confusions. You should be fine. Just check with your instructor of the test date and time. Certain times of the day, your route will be as smooth sailing without the big towering trucks. Certain times of the day......good luck. Check around people what time they usually take their test, and if you are lucky to get it on that timing then one less thing to worry. Dun save $$ on Circuit runs. Circuit builts your confidents for the other half of the test.

    Good luck for your advance theory test.....do more 10 years series.

  15. #195

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by leumas01
    As long as the price is the market price and the instructor have a good reputation it's good enough. Even if you can understand only english and simple chinese can liao, as long as the instructor is one that is talking and teaching and not keeping quiet all the while and only looking in front waiting for accident claims can liao

    UBI test routes are all quite simple if you get the direction correct as in which lane you should be in, which lane turn to which lane. Watch out for the many turn left on red, and also green arrow turn left confusions. You should be fine. Just check with your instructor of the test date and time. Certain times of the day, your route will be as smooth sailing without the big towering trucks. Certain times of the day......good luck. Check around people what time they usually take their test, and if you are lucky to get it on that timing then one less thing to worry. Dun save $$ on Circuit runs. Circuit builts your confidents for the other half of the test.

    Good luck for your advance theory test.....do more 10 years series.
    Wow... Thx for your advice. But erm, Im actually taking pte lessons and will eventually take my practical test at YCK. But I think your advice somehow helped me too. Thanks! ^_^
    Have you read IT???

  16. #196
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    I do not think that its because of a difference in the gender which gave me big response to this thread. I detest gender comparisons btw.
    I think it's because we are bored.

    Yawn!

  17. #197

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I think it's because we are bored.

    Yawn!
    No la, I think because you guys have a lifelong battle with your own ego
    Have you read IT???

  18. #198
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,925

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Make sure your instructor familiarises you with the test routes, and not those that meet you at your place and lets you drive around the area only.

  19. #199
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Fwah, this kind of thread can generate so many responses huh.. Just because the starter is a young lady? Interesting if u look at the link between gender and continuation of threads.
    Statistically the reponses of CSers are:

    If you are a 50 year-old woman = 1
    If you are a 12-year old girl = 500
    If you are a 21-year-old girl = 5,000


  20. #200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,619

    Default Re: Wanted: Private Instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Statistically the reponses of CSers are:

    If you are a 50 year-old woman = 1
    If you are a 12-year old girl = 500
    If you are a 21-year-old girl = 5,000

    The list continue...

    If you are a 21-year-old girl with pretty face = 50,000
    If you are a 21-year-old girl with pretty face and great body = 500,000
    If you are a 18-21 year-old girl with pretty face and great body = 1000,000

    Time to start a new thread on gossip or kind of.. if guy like us start to reply to this thread ppls will start to say thing like because the thread starter is a young girl or kind of.... This sour grape really suck.

    Any one want to TKSS can join us at 'weight lose cafe' thread with many pretty woman and great man around too.. (i am the offical advertiser for 'weight lose cafe')

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •