10 Top winners will be selected each session for both the Photography & Videography Category.
These top 10 winners will be given 50% off the retail price of the new OM-D E-M10 Mark II camera.
- The overall winner for the Photography Category will be awarded an OM-D E-M10 Mark II SLK
- Second prize a PEN E-PL7 SLK
- Third prize a Stylus Tough TG-4.
The overall winner for the Videography Category will be awarded an OM-D E-M10 Mark II SLK
(*Total prizes worth: $3,700)
- There will be 3 sessions in total, with 2 sessions for photography and 1 session for videography. Total of 30 participants per session.
• 5th Sept – Photography Category
• 12th Sept – Photography Category
• 19th Sept – Video Category
- Participants to gather at the ClubSNAP Gallery @ Funan for briefing and loaning of cameras at 9.30am at each selected session. They will then be given the full day to shoot using the new OM-D E-M10 Mark II. At 7.00pm, participants to return to ClubSNAP Gallery @ Funan to return the cameras and submit up to 5 photos/videos for the photo competition.
- All participants can submit up to 5 images/videos for the competition to be submitted upon the return to ClubSNAP Gallery@ Funan at 7.00pm.
- On top of the submitting the photos, participant will also have have to upload a photo taken with the OM-D E-M10 Mark II titled “I took the OM-D E-M10 Mark II Challenge” on Facebook with the hashtag #OlympusxClubSNAPShootOff. Participants are to comment on how the 5-axis image stabilisation improved their photographic experience.
How to Participate:
Simply RSVP in the thread below the session you would like to participate in.
A) General Information
Judging will be based on creative and technical merit.
- Olympus x ClubSNAP OM-D Challenge is open to all registered members of ClubSNAP Photography Community, up to and including appointed Moderators.
- Olympus employees, ClubSNAP Administrators and Moderators who are selected as Judges for the competition are not eligible.
- Entries for this competition must be taken during the period of the competition using the OM-D E-M10 Mark II
- Images entered into the competition must have been taken by the entrant and possess all the necessary rights belonging to the entrant.
- Images which have been used for commercial purposes and/or been published will not be eligible for entry.
E) Image Editing and Enhancement (TBC)
- Image enhancements may be applied to optimize an entry for the Competition.
- There must not be any significant removal or addition of elements in the image. To clarify:-
• Adjustments to color, saturation, contrast, brightness and sharpening are allowed.
• Cropping of images is allowed.
• Cloning must be limited to general cleaning work - significant addition or removal of elements in the composition is prohibited.
• Dodging and burning is permitted.
• Perspective adjustments for correction of lens distortion is permitted.
- A Panel of Judges comprised of the ClubSNAP Administrators and Moderators will determine the winning entries.
- The decision of the Panel of Judges is final.
- The organizers will not enter into any correspondence regarding the judging or organization of the competition.
- Winners will be announced on 23rd September 2015. Winners will be notified through email.
- ClubSNAP members are advised to update their particulars (especially their email address) in their profiles to avoid any breakdown in communications.
- If there is no response from the winner by a specified date, the status will be revoked and the entry deemed null and void.
- The Entrant
• The entrant must be the sole author and owner of copyright, intellectual property and all other proprietary rights for the image(s) entered into the Competition.
• Photographers retain full copyright of all images entered into the Competition.
• It is the legal responsibility of the Entrant, and not the organizers or sole sponsor, to ensure compliance with all ownership and copyright requirements, and own the rights to reproduce the image(s).
• Entries which do not fulfil the above criteria will be deemed ineligible and will be disqualified.
- The Organizer and Sponsor
• Olympus does not claim ownership of any image(s) entered into the competition. Instead, by posting Content participating in the competition, the Member hereby grant to Olympus a non-exclusive, transferable, and worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display the images submitted to the competition free of charge. The period of the licence will be in the discretion of Olympus.
- 10 Top winners will be selected each session for both the Photography & Videography Category. These top 10 winners will be given 50% off the retail price of the new OM-D E-M10 Mark II camera.
- The overall winner for the Photography Category will be awarded an OM-D E-M10 Mark II SLK, Second prize a PEN E-PL7 SLK, and the Third prize a Stylus Tough TG-4. The overall winner for the Videography Category will be awarded an OM-D E-M10 Mark II SLK (Total prizes worth: $3,700)
- The organizers and sponsor reserve the right to change or add to the prizes and substitute with a comparable alternative. Any changes will be posted on the competition website. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent will be offered. If the quality of entries falls below the required standard, the organizers and sponsor reserve the right not to award a prize/prizes.
- Images are uploaded at the photographer’s own risk and the organizers regret they cannot accept any liability for the unauthorized duplication or use of images submitted to the Competition Gallery.
- Participants accept full responsibility for any damage or loss to the OM-D E-M10 Mark II.
- 1. Olympus cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Contest or as a result of entering the Contest or accepting any prize. Olympus is not responsible for any safe custody, return, non-delivery or missing of entries, late, misdirected, problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest.
- 2. By entering the Contest or accepting the prizes, Participants agree that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted against Olympus, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all
K) Agreement to Abide By Competitions Rules, Terms & Conditions
- Submission and participation in the competition indicates to the Organizer and Sponsor that the Entrant has read and agreed with the Terms & Conditions of this Photography Competition.