Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: xxxger : Are you a model?

Default Re: xxxger : Are you a model?

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    you know how i define as a good photographer ? one who is able to bring out the best in any models, one who is humble. ever wonder why some photographers are so highly rated? it's becos of their working attitude, period. btw you engineer meh
    I think he has a degree in lens polishing with a diploma in camera strap adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I think he has a degree in lens polishing with a diploma in camera strap adjustment.
    i think i only good at polishing my UV filter, never tried polishing my lens yet...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    should take, then burn them the raw files and charge them if they want it processed. $200 only for taking the event. not post processing.
    Why give RAW, just give them thumbnail files just nice to show on handphone. Want something printable? Pay $$$$ lor.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Why give RAW, just give them thumbnail files just nice to show on handphone. Want something printable? Pay $$$$ lor.
    i wonder if there is any convertor for .thm
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i wonder if there is any convertor for .thm
    Just notice also...
    thm to other can, but
    others to thm.... can find any so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2
    Hmm.. If it's not physical beauty to be model then wat...? Assuming we are not talking about pretty/handsome models with attitude probs.

And also, I dun tink anyone will admit he or she is a good photograher. But let's put our humility aside a bit... We feel good when people praise our pics and we want to hear that. We like it when we take what we feel to be good shots. Just that we dun want to openly admit it. Nothing wrong with that. That's how photography should be.
    read my earlier post. i never said not physical beauty. i said more than physical beauty alone

Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    haha .... xian shi yi dian, young s3pro user .... how long is a lifespan of a model's life ?
    And how much can a model earn each month ?

I this month, only developing and printing photo, already spend more than $3k on it ... if i really go work as a model, you think the salery enough to pay the D&P?
    What kind of developing and printing you are doing? how come can spend more than $3k just on that???

Quote Originally Posted by chunger
    What kind of developing and printing you are doing? how come can spend more than $3k just on that???
    You never know,
    $3.50 film
    $2.50 developing
    $9.00 printing pre roll

10rolls pre wedding
    multiple by 20 weddings

alrealy $3000.00

seasonal wedding photographers don't just come back with 10 rolls only.

If doing school photography, a school with 1500 students, 1000 of them orders 1pc 8R each, do you know how much is the printing cost? I have not factors the 5R prints for each student yet.

You never know,
    $3.50 film
    $2.50 developing
    $9.00 printing pre roll

10rolls pre wedding
    multiple by 20 weddings

alrealy $3000.00
    I am doing some calculations

3.50+2.50+9.00=15.00 per roll.

10 rolls per wedding=15x10=150.00

20 weddings = 150x20=300.00

Assuming 20 rolls per wedding x20 weddings=600.00

Sorry student, you calculator got problem, miss out one zero,

Btw, not all wedding can shoot 20 rolls and ask couple to pay, addtitional roll is charge @ $50.00 each.

If anyone anyhow shoot 20 rolls, sure the couple will bring you go small claim tribunal.

Not my calculator! My fingers! Knew maths was not my strength!

Btw, not all wedding can shoot 20 rolls and ask couple to pay, addtitional roll is charge @ $50.00 each.

If anyone anyhow shoot 20 rolls, sure the couple will bring you go small claim tribunal.
    thatz y now digital is in demand. delete is free. pics not satisfactory?
    some can reshoot on-da-spot!

best if its a family of ex models, currently still models & budding models!!

photographer can say "dun act blurr ya?"!!

I know of this photographer is charging $480.00 for 8 rolls, very famous in the industry and very popular among wedding couples (maybe because he is charging very cheap), almost shooting everyday.

But photographers like this him to make extra $$ is shoot more rolls and charge additional, so many brides come out a remedy to prevent this, get a “brother” to tap along and keep track on how rolls he shoot, so he can’t shoot too many rolls for the wedding. Btw, last heard his is charging $25.00 pre roll, D&P done in JB.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    The thread was reopen ... cos i believe the flame was cool down liao ...

Actually the main aim of this thread is " cheapskap company " lor ...
    But is good to discuss how standard of a model should be, and how come a no standard 'professional model' can also earn big money?
    I start to think, the 'professional' is she call herself or others people call her one wor ... , therefore i always a newbies ...

I have encounter one case before, ... this big company having their Dinner & Dance, and have about 50 over table at some famous place. They look for me to take their photo, but their bunget is $200 ???? ... at the end, i stay at home watch DVD ... haha

Ok a few things
    I don't see the point of you bitching about other people, what's the point of being so condescending?
    Secondly, "cheapskate" companies come from a very asian mentality of cost over quality.
    Plus the lack of importance placed on photography in general

Well... cheap companies are always around... its a way of cutting cost. I guess only companies who emphasize on quality are willing to pay.

I remember there was a time, models have to go through rigorous training for looking and walking good..... and used for different purposes becoz of certain physical attributes... eg. tall ones are good for catwalks coz they carry the clothes well... mixed looks are more exotic and good for editorials coz thats the current trend although in China that is not the trend........ etc etc....

And the remaining ones are good for CS.... hahaha! Just kidding.....

I guess the days of the "Super Model" is dwindling.....

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Well... cheap companies are always around... its a way of cutting cost. I guess only companies who emphasize on quality are willing to pay.

I remember there was a time, models have to go through rigorous training for looking and walking good..... and used for different purposes becoz of certain physical attributes... eg. tall ones are good for catwalks coz they carry the clothes well... mixed looks are more exotic and good for editorials coz thats the current trend although in China that is not the trend........ etc etc....

And the remaining ones are good for CS.... hahaha! Just kidding.....

I guess the days of the "Super Model" is dwindling.....
    hehe ... quite agree .... ... but their rate here not cheap also lor. i ever saw one shoot $180 wor
    anyway ... those newbie no matter how we say here also dun listen ... let them go pay the school fee ba.

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    read my earlier post. i never said not physical beauty. i said more than physical beauty alone
    Yes.. Read mine too.. I mentioned assuming we are talking of models Without any attitude probs...

U implied there could be "bad sides" in models to begin with so that's why u said it takes more than physical beauty? But we all know bad sides wont get anyone far, whether you are the President, teacher or a lay person.

Therefore, putting bad attitudes and characters aside, I think modelling is largely about physical beauty... If not, then wat? Hence my original question.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2
    Yes.. Read mine too.. I mentioned assuming we are talking of models Without any attitude probs...

U implied there could be "bad sides" in models to begin with so that's why u said it takes more than physical beauty? But we all know bad sides wont get anyone far, whether you are the President, teacher or a lay person.

Therefore, putting bad attitudes and characters aside, I think modelling is largely about physical beauty... If not, then wat? Hence my original question.
    Who? who? which models have attitude probs ?
    So long no practice model shoot liao .... dun know who want to be my model for FOC ler ....

Deregistered

You never know,
    $3.50 film
    $2.50 developing
    $9.00 printing pre roll

10rolls pre wedding
    multiple by 20 weddings

alrealy $3000.00

seasonal wedding photographers don't just come back with 10 rolls only.

If doing school photography, a school with 1500 students, 1000 of them orders 1pc 8R each, do you know how much is the printing cost? I have not factors the 5R prints for each student yet.
    As a regular of some printing labs, i manage to beg them to give me some small discount .... =)

I usually took 10 roll (360 x 4R) for every wedding, after take away some blink eyes, lips not nice one, spolit images one, then left with 9 rolls le ....

I lasttime also have the idea to send the film to JB ... but think twices, first is quite troublesome, lai lai hui hui .... Then the quality also, cos the frontier machines here are better, and lastly, the handling of the film, .... i scare they loss it or scratch my film .... and one last big worry, is the X ray at custom, if my film accidentally exposed le, then i die to let them see lor ...
    Last edited by xxxger; 15th October 2005 at 05:01 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast