Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 107

Thread: GE2015 official on!

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Don't forget to live your life normally in this trying time of a crucial election e.g. having a massage in Geylang, going to see pole dancing in Clark Quay and getting drunk, visiting Orchard Towers for fun and pleasure, going to JB to see floor shows etc.


    .......live it up before 911 ...........

    OK, now back to business ..............

    https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ge2015--wo...173345186.html
    Last edited by Zenten; 3rd September 2015 at 01:52 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  2. #42
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Expand your mind or get left behind

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    "If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."
    Emma Goldman

    "But they still made it compulsory for us to vote...... What the heck!!!"
    - - Zenten


    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  4. #44
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Wow! Is voting compulsory in Singapore???
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Wow! Is voting compulsory in Singapore???
    Yes .............it seems like.they are making do something which is not quite legal ..........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  6. #46
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Yes .............it seems like.they are making do something which is not quite legal ..........
    That is astonishing to me for some reason. Bros you have a very unique country I must say.

    What happens if one does not vote?
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 4th September 2015 at 12:05 PM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  7. #47
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    That is astonishing to me for some reason. Bros you have a very unique country I must say.

    What happens if one does not vote?
    What if I do not vote at an election?

    At the end of the election, the Returning Officer will put your name, together with all others who did not vote at the election, in the list of non-voters and pass that to the Registration Officer. The Registration Officer will then remove your name from the certified register of electors of the constituency you belong to.

    This means that you cannot vote at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election, and you are disqualified from being a candidate at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election. (http://www.eld.gov.sg/voters_compulsory.html)

    Neat eh? Tactically speaking hehe

    Imagine in the US.. it was what? 57.5 % turn out for the 2012 election ? That means the next US election only 42.5% are allowed to vote.
    Last edited by sammy888; 4th September 2015 at 12:24 PM.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    What if I do not vote at an election?

    At the end of the election, the Returning Officer will put your name, together with all others who did not vote at the election, in the list of non-voters and pass that to the Registration Officer. The Registration Officer will then remove your name from the certified register of electors of the constituency you belong to.

    This means that you cannot vote at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election, and you are disqualified from being a candidate at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election. (http://www.eld.gov.sg/voters_compulsory.html)

    Neat eh? Tactically speaking hehe

    Imagine in the US.. it was what? 57.5 % turn out for the 2012 election ? That means the next US election only 42.5% are allowed to vote.
    In other words .....no need to vote ........ why didn't I think of that???!!!
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  9. #49
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    What sort of system is employed to allow people to cast their vote?

    In my county we are handed a ballot and a pencil. Beside each candidate's name is a broken line we fill in the line for the person we want to vote for. The ballot is then handed to a pair of people who feed it into a scanner. It dings or whatever when it is recorded. No hanging chads in my county. My state is one of the 'reddest' if not the most red region in the country. Bunch of hillbillies here in Oklahoma...LOL I hate to sound so whatever the right word is but I think our elections are and have been rigged for quite some time. I also feel much of it is just lip service too, for the people at least. We haven't had a decent for the people candidate since JFK and everyone knows what became of him (and the rest of that family for that matter).

    I appreciate the education gentlemen.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  10. #50
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Live coverage of GE 2015 rallies and forum discussion here ............

    https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ge2015--li...163628675.html
    For insight into the election please see Amos Yee's video clips.


  11. #51
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Election gives America this.


  12. #52
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    What if I do not vote at an election?

    At the end of the election, the Returning Officer will put your name, together with all others who did not vote at the election, in the list of non-voters and pass that to the Registration Officer. The Registration Officer will then remove your name from the certified register of electors of the constituency you belong to.

    This means that you cannot vote at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election, and you are disqualified from being a candidate at any subsequent presidential or parliamentary election.......
    It's unthinkable that you do not want to aspire to be the President of Singapore one day and have your face printed on our notes instead of hiding behind a Panasonic camera.


  13. #53
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    In other words .....no need to vote ........ why didn't I think of that???!!!
    Do not risk your political future by not voting.

    You may lose a lot more than you gain.
    Last edited by Sion; 4th September 2015 at 05:23 PM.

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    What sort of system is employed to allow people to cast their vote?

    In my county we are handed a ballot and a pencil. Beside each candidate's name is a broken line we fill in the line for the person we want to vote for. The ballot is then handed to a pair of people who feed it into a scanner. It dings or whatever when it is recorded. No hanging chads in my county. My state is one of the 'reddest' if not the most red region in the country. Bunch of hillbillies here in Oklahoma...LOL I hate to sound so whatever the right word is but I think our elections are and have been rigged for quite some time. I also feel much of it is just lip service too, for the people at least. We haven't had a decent for the people candidate since JFK and everyone knows what became of him (and the rest of that family for that matter).

    I appreciate the education gentlemen.
    Here you go ......

    https://youtu.be/wU6m4vC-y2s
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  15. #55
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    It's unthinkable that you do not want to aspire to be the President of Singapore one day and have your face printed on our notes instead of hiding behind a Panasonic camera.

    President?? You insult me. I have no such low ambitions to be a politician. heh And it's not a Panasonic. Insulting my wifey. She happens to be a proud 50th Birthday present Nikon Big boy .... if it was to be another brand, it would be a Sony Mirrorless heh.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  16. #56
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    President?? You insult me. I have no such low ambitions to be a politician. heh And it's not a Panasonic. Insulting my wifey. She happens to be a proud 50th Birthday present Nikon Big boy .... if it was to be another brand, it would be a Sony Mirrorless heh.
    OK OK if you don't want to be President how about at least consider to be Minister of Transport. There is a vacancy for it at the moment.

  17. #57
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    OK OK if you don't want to be President how about at least consider to be Minister of Transport. There is a vacancy for it at the moment.
    "President?? You insult me. I have no such low ambitions to be a politician"

    Hello brudder. which part of that statement you did not comprehend leh? heheh.... ALL POLITICIANS ARE DIRTY. I hate getting dirty. I am as clean as a snow flick toting my Nikon Big Boy...
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Hello brudder. which part of that statement you did not comprehend leh? heheh....
    I'll tell you after the election results have been announced.

  19. #59
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I'll tell you after the election results have been announced.
    We all know the eventual results. I know I have to keep helping myself to survive as always and not depend on anyone's help. Status Quo.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  20. #60
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: GE2015 official on!

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    We all know the eventual results. I know I have to keep helping myself to survive as always and not depend on anyone's help. Status Quo.
    May the dark force help you prosper.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •