Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro = high end equipt?

Default Re: Pro = high end equipt?

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    simple right, set yr flash to slave and wireless then put it onto the floor and watch show..

Ho yes, if he so PRO , why is he not paid in the first place?? or maybe he look PRO ASS only..
    cos he is PROcrastinating....
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Now thats another clue, someone with D2X, and 200mm lens, and 2 flashguns...

spotting the a$$hole contest?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone
    Could it be the same person? BTW this fellow is quite funny. After I left that spot, he told his friend (purposely loud for me to hear) that the greenhorn has vacated his place for the pro. Then he set up his equipments. To my surprise, he mounted on 2 huge flashguns on his camera and a 200mm lens and started shooting. The powerful flash light was so powerful that it drew attention himself and after each shot he would boast in Hokkien: See this the real pro at work." I was laughing in my heart that he's seemed so silly with his set-up.
    200mm prime or 70-200mm?
    not many D2X users i believe. pretty easy to identify.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakite
    Hi guys, i'm a little peeved, so i might rant a little here. I'm just an amatuer in photography, i do it becoz i love it. My equipts aren't fancy, just a prosumer class cam and external flash, I use a Coolpix 8700 with an attached battery pack , the MB e5700 and sb 80 (i call this my machiam-pro camera = like pro.

On a recent saturday evening i was asked to shoot for a church event ( think dinner and dance, ballrooms and all that)

Everything was going well until the point where the guest of honour was supposed to give out some awards. This other Photographer armed with a D2x suddenly appears out of no where and starts shooting, that's fine it's free world. I dun care. I continue doing my job, and then he makes this tsk tsk sound everytime i shoot.

Finally i turn and ask him what's the matter? Am i blocking you? i can move if u ask nicely. that sorta thing. He answered back, aiya u come here for wat? Waste time only, you're only using a point and shoot, what can u come out with?( by that i take it he means wat i can produce) and your stupid flash not strong enough , it's spoiling my photos. Can you get lost can?

(Well at this point in time , i was wondering if my insurance company would cover certain damages to my camera that was cause by blunt force trauma.) But i digress, i told him nicely, or as nicely as i could, "Sir what every the case might be, I'm the designated photographer for tonight, so pls, keep your comments to yourself."

Then he gones on to accuse me of lying about my qualifications to get this particular gig. I'm like wat? The client, knows very well what equipt i use and my back ground. And now, every time i try to frame a shot, he comes and stands in front of me, blocking my way. Everytime he does it i tell him politely to move , you're blocking my shot. He tells me to go home small fry, You cannot compete with me.

I'm barely inches away from hammering him into the carpet, when the Mc finally notices, He asks me if there's any problem, i point to the rude fella and say ya, he's blocking. (the MC of the nite was a fren of mine) The MC tells the fella, Sir please step back from the stage and let our photographer do his work, over the mike by the way which meant the whole ballroom heard.

The stubborn fella take one step backwards and stays there. I give up, i do wat i was paid to do. After the awards ceremony, is the dance item, ppl on stage, stuff like that, entertainment. I'm doing my work, taking shots of the dancers and the bugger comes back and says to me eh, you play enough already or not? The PRO wanna shoot!

At this point in time..... i was like watever man... do wat ever u like... i've got wat i needed to shoot, the important stuff . You can go on thinkin your the pro...

I mean geez... so ur camera cost soooooooo much more then mine... so wat? That make u a pro? Bullsh@t man... with that kinda attitude i mean WTF MAN?!??! Looking down on ppl becoz his equiptment is not the most ex...

(side note, i spent the rest of the nite shooting with my holga, wonderful, i skived off his flash, no need to use mine.)

holga is the way to go..

I think he's completely rude...

However I just want to share my point of view.

For me, a professional photographers are those who have attitude and passion towards photography. It's not the one with the 'big and long' thing or the one who earn a living from photography.

I know few photographers who said, "I only shoot for hobby mah..." and yet they may work as IT professional, student, etc. However they have an attitude and passion towards it. That's what i consider as professional comparing to say... umm... people who take driving licence picture by asking the costumer to sit down and they just cick the button without care so much what's the picture gonna turn out ( anyway its their problem if they appear ugly in their licence lol =p ) U can say that those people earn a living from photography, no?

Talking about equipment, I know a guy who is still a student right now.
    He doesnt even has any camera. He borrowed whatever camera possible. Yet I know he really have a passion towards it. He plan his concept before shooting. He visit the place he want to shoot few times before the actual day to check the angle. During the shoot he also carry a very friendly and professional approach. He know well how to deal with others. Not stopping from that I know he got great processing skill also. His photoshop skill is good for sure, however I also know he spent a long hours in dark room try to get the result he want.

For most people he might be a student...
    But in my eyes he's a professional photographer ^_^

Just my 5 cent share...

Blog Entries

how about we all take pictures of people with D2Xs and post here

this guy must be a measurebator as well

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    200mm prime or 70-200mm?
    not many D2X users i believe. pretty easy to identify.
    At that time I was already boiling inside, so wouldn't care to see more of his silly show off. I'll just pack up and go to another place to continue my shooting. But no shiok feeling of shooting that night.

Quote Originally Posted by saraluna
    spotting the a$$hole contest?
    can we have the next clue pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Now thats another clue, someone with D2X, and 200mm lens, and 2 flashguns...
    I dun think anyone's rich enuff to own a 200mm prime juz liddat.

The search narrows.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by r32
    His behaviour was definitely not professional. I can understand that you didn't want to create a scene, but he deserved to be removed by force from the venue, identified with a photograph here on Clubsnap, and castigated by his fellow photographers wherever he goes. His sort of elitist attitude makes him more a pro-wannabe than anything else. Respect is earned, not bought.
    So true. And I'll add a kick to the family jewels.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

The name and pic of that A$$hole pls...
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Just becos others are rude does not mean we should be so.

You were well-mannered enough, ignore that crass fellow.

He might meet another crass fellow and beat each other up.

I consider that rude chap's act highly despicable and an insult to those of us who shoot within common sense and decency.Events are no place for a pissing contest.Only a person with an ego problem would be doing what Malakite described that amatuer as doing.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

1. never go down to his level

2 Pro = someone who can use anything (p&s) what ever equipment to come out with great pictures

3. somwone who lets his wrok do the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Catch a lizard, put lotsa flies in the box. U'll hear lotsa tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk without u moving ur tongue.
    I thought lizards make noise which is their mating call?
    eat. drink. shoot

yo malakite (i think i met u b4!!! heheh - sorree if i forgot)

i really empathise with u. becos seriously if that happened to me i would be so tempted to hammer the fella until he forget the smell of his wife's armpits...

but.. can't becos u've been engaged on a professional (meaning "paid") basis. wah.. the heat would be huge man..

i'd say u handled it well. look who's the real pro.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    thats is a blacksheep among pros. i pity you.
    Maybe he is just somebody who thinks he is a pro?

Carrying a professional-looking camera could give someone a big head sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    wait till I tell you about the 1***II users that I've met. Big cam, big lens and even bigger ego but pics worse than crap. It's not the brand, it's the guy behind the camera.

another guy I met:
    shooting event and this guy was using a S1 pro (looks bigger than the D70), while I was using my D70. He came up to me and said "is that the D70? How can use such a small cam to shoot for people when they're paying you to do a job?" I just show him my S1 pro in my cam bag and replied "because the S1 pro can only be my back up camera" Felt really good after that.
    OK, when I have enuf $ (TOTO tomorrow), I'll buy one 1dsmkII and one D2X and put both in my bag as backup to piss off "pros" like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    OK, when I have enuf $ (TOTO tomorrow), I'll buy one 1dsmkII and one D2X and put both in my bag as backup to piss off "pros" like this.
    And buy 2 PnS to shoot events..
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    he also got 200mm so u must buy the 300mm, longer and bigger...

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast