Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro = high end equipt?

Default Re: Pro = high end equipt?

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    erm... its actually VERY common to hear this lor... and the best thing was i heard it being loudly declared in a cam shop by a rich-wannabe.

mebbe we oughta tell the bugger dat the coolpix can take movies too - and d2x cannot?
    ah... Might as well tell him 'dis one take pictures very sharp, very good'.

And den see him die shooting low-light situations in [P]rofessional mode.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

It's really bad attitudes. Same thing happened to me before. I was shooting scenery one evening many years back when one so-call photographer who was not happy with the good spot I had; he knew that I was using very wide angle lens so he just stood a meter in front of me and started chatting with his friend. I asked him politely if he could just stand back and let me take some shots. To my surprise, he stared at me and then shifted a few inches away and continue to chat with his friend! (but he is still within my camera field of view!) Spoilt my whole mood of shooting that evening!

by the way, is that guy wearing a CS tshirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    Hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    CSers identify each other by face, not by T-Shirt.

But it'll be an utter disgrace if he wears CS T-Shirt.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75

mebbe we oughta tell the bugger dat the coolpix can take movies too - and d2x cannot?
    Hahaha.... and can also view thru the LCD instead on the tiny view finder. yup, have heard such comments from camera shops.
    Last edited by billpepsi; 5th October 2005 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    CSers identify each other by face, not by T-Shirt.

But it'll be an utter disgrace if he wears CS T-Shirt.
    ya man!
    this guy is so thick skin!
    should have used the flash to blind him!

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    ya man!
    this guy is so thick skin!
    should have used the flash to blind him!
    how can u do that..

U need any help?? u left ,i right..

Any way, chances are, hes in CS..tis is a big forum.... last time u also caught one like that too right???
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

i still prefer the hammering him into the carpet part though..

or get e MC fren to really "humble" him...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    reminded me of the SPH guy with a 1DsMkII...
    Maybe you can tell us more about that SPH chap. For sharing of experience here.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

This is indeed sad... to have a fellow photog behave in such a way...

It really puzzles me, especially whenever i return home to visit my family in singapore.... i chance upon lots of ppl who have the mentality that if "i own a d2x/h/1dsmkIIIIIetc etc, i'm better than the other idiot who has a d70, 10d, 20d, bla bla"

Most of these ugly hats simply possess the wrong mentality, getting caught up in the "if i buy more expensive equipment, i can become better than everyone else" syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    how can u do that..

Any way, chances are, hes in CS..tis is a big forum.... last time u also caught one like that too right???
    Okay steady!

So .. any photo of the fella ?
    If he feel proud just by owning a D2x .. lets gather n kid that guy around in the next NUG

As a person we have to remember there is always a cloud above a cloud and above it , we have another infinite space
    Nikon 4 & lots of hollow chunky glass

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    how can u do that..

Could it be the same person? BTW this fellow is quite funny. After I left that spot, he told his friend (purposely loud for me to hear) that the greenhorn has vacated his place for the pro. Then he set up his equipments. To my surprise, he mounted on 2 huge flashguns on his camera and a 200mm lens and started shooting. The powerful flash light was so powerful that it drew attention himself and after each shot he would boast in Hokkien: See this the real pro at work." I was laughing in my heart that he's seemed so silly with his set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone
    Could it be the same person? BTW this fellow is quite funny. After I left that spot, he told his friend (purposely loud for me to hear) that the greenhorn has vacated his place for the pro. Then he set up his equipments. To my surprise, he mounted on 2 huge flashguns on his camera and a 200mm lens and started shooting. The powerful flash light was so powerful that it drew attention himself and after each shot he would boast in Hokkien: See this the real pro at work." I was laughing in my heart that he's seemed so silly with his set-up.
    simple right, set yr flash to slave and wireless then put it onto the floor and watch show..

Ho yes, if he so PRO , why is he not paid in the first place?? or maybe he look PRO ASS only..
    Last edited by GENO; 5th October 2005 at 11:58 AM.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Now thats another clue, someone with D2X, and 200mm lens, and 2 flashguns...

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Now thats another clue, someone with D2X, and 200mm lens, and 2 flashguns...
    wonder is he short or tall? what bag he is carrying? macham playing quessing game haha

would love to see this guy kena tie up on the tree and shaft his wadever lens into his *** and ask him to make the tsk tsk tsk sound...wahahahahaha...shiok...

i doubt he's a cs member....seems like some "old school" photographer who juz got a new toy, and juz wanna show off.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Stratts
    Guests

Hi Malakite - well done for dealing with this behaaaaarch in such a professional manner. I have a 1Ds MII, please feel free to borrow it for your next church function to one up this guy - keep it in ya bag as your "spare" camera.

I agree with your comments - I'm still learning about photography every time I pick up a camera, I love it and really enjoy talking about it. Whenever I spot someone who looks like they know what they are doing with a camera (based on what they are doing - not the kit they are using) I bend their ear about techniques and general photography crap. What a shame that parts of our photographic community are filled with eleitist wankers like this Nikon wannabe.

I'm lucky enough to have a nice camera (v understanding wife), but I remember taking pretty good digital photos on a Casio Camera that had 100k of resolution and I owned that piece of junk for a couple of years!!. I also had borrowed my dad's 35mm that he picked up on a trip to Vietnam - it was in the late 60's and it had a light meter like a petrol guage - but it took great shots.

I don't believe you have to have a pro camera to be a pro photographer, you just have to work hard and understand what the client wants and spend time developing your capture technique and your workflow methodology. Look at all the great photographers over many years who have captured great images on rangefinders, box-brownies, and even SLR's with light meters that looked like a petrol guage!!

If anyone see's a big Aussie trying to drive his Canon, please stop and offer help. I'm not the Nikon guy and I'm gutted that such blokes exist.

Stratts

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast