Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro = high end equipt?

Default Re: Pro = high end equipt?

Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela
    Wooh... I love what you said. Sounds good.

Some of us already know that it's the person using the camera that matters, not the camera.

Come on... any "pros" out there wanna duel? I use my humble EOS 300V against your EOS 1V.
    Mind what are you saying. Always have many higher mountains out there..

Quote Originally Posted by USM
    Please do not drag CamonGraphers into this. If you don't know why and what are the objectives of forming CanonGraphers, then please do not flame us.
    It's funny because I just looked at the website the other day. And what is the very first thing on the front page? A picture of a certain DSLR, with a caption touting it as a certain brand's flagship product.

And what is the second thing on the page?

By building an effective web site, we hope to get our message out to a larger audience of people interested in similar interest - Photography with ***** products.
    I rest my case.

Ooooh, almost forgot. So who can join that group?

Who Can Join?
    Most importantly, you need to be a hardcore ***** user!
    Last edited by LittleWolf; 22nd October 2005 at 08:11 PM.

So the guy hasn't come out and defended himself? Knowing there's a price on his head now.Typical Big gun no ammo. Give the guy a break , he's probably hiding behind his D2X , in fact thats the reason why he bought the thing for , to hide his fragile ego. That guy is not a pro and will never be a pro.

Here's a real pro and a Magnum photographer , read what equipment he' s using. link http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6468-7844

Quote Originally Posted by Myfz1
    So the guy hasn't come out and defended himself? Knowing there's a price on his head now.Typical Big gun no ammo. Give the guy a break , he's probably hiding behind his D2X , in fact thats the reason why he bought the thing for , to hide his fragile ego. That guy is not a pro and will never be a pro.

Here's a real pro and a Magnum photographer , read what equipment he' s using. link http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6468-7844
    agreed, best results with even a PnS. This is what I call Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
    So sorry for you.....maybe you should take his photo and post here

That was what I was thinking....did you took a photo of his face?

Forgot to add. I was at Mediacorp reception waiting while watching the tv on the wall.
    This guys with a huge and heavy Nikon walked past my face and slammed his camera which felt like a brick on my watch. He was not even apologetic. Just glance at his brick and walked away.
    Does pros = rude too!
    Last edited by Lawyon; 23rd October 2005 at 05:01 PM.

Just finish reading this thread(very long ah... )...I think its not about equipment, its more like your ethique as a hired photographer or a enthusiast.

If you are not getting paid, then dun hinder people's job. If you are getting paid, then dun let people hinder your job....

Just tell them nicely....people are watching...business have to go on. Just shoot from another angle or side.

Dio Bo?

Quite frankly I can't see what all the fuss is about. The guy was just a rude ignorant SOB, but so what? I can't see any of you lot lasting 2 microseconds in a press gallery call.
    Get in the middle of one of those and you'll find out all about the meaning of rude photographers and dog eat dog while up to a couple of hundred photographers are trying to get the money shot.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyon
    Forgot to add. I was at Mediacorp reception waiting while watching the tv on the wall.
    This guys with a huge and heavy Nikon walked past my face and slammed his camera which felt like a brick on my watch. He was not even apologetic. Just glance at his brick and walked away.
    Does pros = rude too!
    The moral of the lesson is:

Stay out of a pro's way.
    Last edited by Sion; 23rd October 2005 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Quite frankly I can't see what all the fuss is about. The guy was just a rude ignorant SOB, but so what? I can't see any of you lot lasting 2 microseconds in a press gallery call.
    Get in the middle of one of those and you'll find out all about the meaning of rude photographers and dog eat dog while up to a couple of hundred photographers are trying to get the money shot.
    BUt that doesn't mean its right

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf
    It's funny because I just looked at the website the other day. And what is the very first thing on the front page? A picture of a certain DSLR, with a caption touting it as a certain brand's flagship product.
    Isn't the 1Ds Mark II the flagship camera of Canon? Is there a problem with that? Almost all camera websites show the flagship camera of that particular brand.

And what is the second thing on the page?
    Of course, we're a Canon user group. If you're from the N**** user group, would you want to see someone using an Olympus or KM or Canon joining your group? In our group, we hope to guide users on how to fully utilise their camera functions during our outings.

Ooooh, almost forgot. So who can join that group?
    Hardcore user = die-hard fan
    Of course we'll want hardcore users to join our "organising group" (who organises courses and outings) and know equiment well in order to guide those who are not so sure. Anyone can join our group, as long as a Canon user.
    eat. drink. shoot

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Of course, we're a Canon user group. If you're from the N**** user group, would you want to see someone using an Olympus or KM or Canon joining your group? In our group, we hope to guide users on how to fully utilise their camera functions during our outings.
    For one thing, we've (aka NUG/NC) NEVER stopped, nor disallowed any Canon, Oly, Fuji, KM people from joining Nikon Council aka Nikon User Group.

agape01 - Canon user (was)
    ^chaotic^ - Canon user
    afiend - Canon user
    Garion - Canon user
    CYRN - Canon user
    Terence - Canon user
    Drudkh - KM user
    Clown - Fuji user

Are just some of the CSers that have dropped by once a while to join in NUG and for chit chat kopi, we welcome all, we do not shun ourselves off from other brands, our main priority however, is still to help new Nikon users or one another. You'll find at least 3 Mac PowerBooks available for browsing of pictures at any NUG easily. Ocassionally 2 laptops. All these? See peektures and/or share images.

We've stood this point right from the very start when Nikon Council formed, but guess who were the ones laughing at our stupidity and exclusiveness to form their own CanonGraphers?

Of course we'll want hardcore users to join our "organising group" (who organises courses and outings) and know equiment well in order to guide those who are not so sure. Anyone can join our group, as long as a Canon user.
    Talk about being exclusive... I still remember NUG/NC was also blasted by the very same people last time accusing us of the same thing.

I hope they know how we (NUG) feel now.
    Last edited by espn; 23rd October 2005 at 10:43 PM.

Isn't the 1Ds Mark II the flagship camera of Canon? Is there a problem with that? Almost all camera websites show the flagship camera of that particular brand.
    See, that's exactly it. "Camera website". So it's not about photography, but the equipment, which is exactly the point I was trying to make in my original posting.

Of course, we're a Canon user group. If you're from the N**** user group, would you want to see someone using an Olympus or KM or Canon joining your group?
    I'm not affiliated with any such groups. But chances are that I can learn more interesting new things from someone doing things differently with another setup than from a near copy of myself.

Well, so the membership requirements are now down from "most importantly a hardcore ***** user" to a mere "***** user". In any case, you just confirmed again that this group defines itself by a specific brand of equipment. I don't have a problem with that, but I don't understand why you get riled up when you yourself point out in detail what I was only hinting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyon
    Does pros = rude too!
    Sounds like he was in a good mood, the last amateur that tried to insert himself between me and the action I was being paid to shoot wound up with a 400/2.8 embedded in his ear.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    "Right" is the last word in a photographer's mind when he wants to get a shot.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone took out the heads of 5 other photographers blocking his view.

vince123123
    Guests

What if the amateur you tried to embed a lens in got real fed up and used a great deal of force to push your 400 f2.8 to the ground? With the ensuing damages, I'm not sure if you would still enjoy the moment.

In a fistfight/tussle, your 400 2.8 might get in the way and you may be more worried making sure it doesn't get damaged than the amateur who's out to annoy you anyway.

Sounds like he was in a good mood, the last amateur that tried to insert himself between me and the action I was being paid to shoot wound up with a 400/2.8 embedded in his ear.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    What if the amateur you tried to embed a lens in got real fed up and used a great deal of force to push your 400 f2.8 to the ground? With the ensuing damages, I'm not sure if you would still enjoy the moment.

In a fistfight/tussle, your 400 2.8 might get in the way and you may be more worried making sure it doesn't get damaged than the amateur who's out to annoy you anyway.
    Given Ian's amount of equipment, I'm pretty sure that he can afford a few 400 f/2.8s and I'm sure the one he's holding is not the only one he has.

So... since when did this become a Canongrapher and NUG thingy???

Anyway, NUG is friendly and non restrictive... can always go lim kopi at the usual spinellis... hahaha!

Btw, Canon user too... but Sigma lens... hahaha! Don't get too caught up with this Canon vs Nikon thing. Its your shots that count. Don't think you are good if you say you can only shoot well with a Canon / Nikon. Then how are you gonna handle a Mamiya / Sinar next time?

Anyway, yeah some pros can be quite rude. But it could be that they had a bad day... although that does not give them the right....

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    So... since when did this become a Canongrapher and NUG thingy???

Anyway, NUG is friendly and non restrictive... can always go lim kopi at the usual spinellis... hahaha!

Btw, Canon user too... but Sigma lens... hahaha! Don't get too caught up with this Canon vs Nikon thing. Its your shots that count. Don't think you are good if you say you can only shoot well with a Canon / Nikon. Then how are you gonna handle a Mamiya / Sinar next time?

Anyway, yeah some pros can be quite rude. But it could be that they had a bad day... although that does not give them the right....
    Nope I've never intended it to become a C vs N thing, infact, I'm quite sick of it, I spend most of my shooting time with C users also, so I don't bother much.

BUT, just voicing my displeasure at earlier times when NC/NUG was ridiculed and called a brandist/brand bashing group and laughed at saying it's stupid, so now just hoping the same group of people see our POV on such groups now.

Also +evenstar also mentioned about N**** user group NOT WANTING other brand of users to join, which was totally untrue, and I'd like to clarify that point.
    If you're from the N**** user group, would you want to see someone using an Olympus or KM or Canon joining your group?
    I've met 120, 135 and 6 x 7 users at NUG, I don't think that's brandist or brand bashing, I've also seen slides and shots shared from MF B&W, slides etc. It's more than coffee, I reiterate.

NUG/NC was not started by me, but I've grown in my knowledge, sharing and made a lot of friends I believe the CanonGraphers also have their gains like me but I just wanted to voice out for the NUG/NC existence.

I've met very nice pros all my life, I've yet to meet one that's overbearing, hopefully, never.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    "Right" is the last word in a photographer's mind when he wants to get a shot.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone took out the heads of 5 other photographers blocking his view.

See guys, they just revealed themselves....
    Last edited by TrailsofLife; 24th October 2005 at 01:26 PM.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast