Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Road hogs

Default Re: Road hogs

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    If they are not driving on the extreme right lane on expressway, I think they have the right to drive at slower speed lah.
    There is somewhere in the line that says, driving at speed not befitting the roadcondition. If there are room and limit to go fast and did not, it is causing obstruction. Oh yes, they can say on the left most lane.... not each and every lane as I have experienced.

Guys would remember their roadmarch days in NS or perhaps group cycling. If the front man slowed down, the tail will be crawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lensman
    Just came back from lunch. Had to drive out to meet the group for makan, using AYE and then South Bunea vista road.

Same thing happened. I overtook a few carz, driving 2nd lane, doing 60kmh !!
    Yah, these overpriced cages are trying to mimic the 1st lane users, lorries and container trucks, doing at 50kmh. Saw a blue BMW tailing one of the container.

hahaha... is it a case of sour grapes i see here.. is there any rule that states that cars with big CC or expensive have to be driven at high speeds.. or do u have a case with ppl owning big/expensive cars here..

i don't see why a bmw, mercedes or even a lambo cannot be driven at slow speeds.. i think its a case of "red eye"/sour grapes with most singaporeans.. drive fast and u critise us being a bully/show off... drive slowly and we get critise as well.. wats ur problem..

does it mean that if one who has a 1D mkII and shoots at 1 frame per sec has got a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Lensman
    Aiyo, got $$$ for car and no $$ for fuel ah.....
    sigh... it onli goes to show how "mature" u are for linking things like these.. so are u also trying to figure why some in cs are using 1Ds mkII/D2x with a cheapo lens?? hahaha...

anyway.. do not say i din warn u... cases of mobile cams are on the rise and guess wat.. the men in blue are no longer targeting highways.. now its the small roads.. saw one hiding behind a power box along woodlands at 2am in the morning and another at the overhead bridge along bukit timah road at 10am

Yes traffic police are everywhere nowadays, so it is natural that everyone drives slowly now, if suddenly everyone drive slow and u are the only one zoom at high speed, high chance that u are on camera already...

Yes traffic police are everywhere nowadays, so it is natural that everyone drives slowly now, if suddenly everyone drive slow and u are the only one zoom at high speed, high chance that u are on camera already...
    SMILE... You're on Candid Camera!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by tan131
    does it mean that if one who has a 1D mkII and shoots at 1 frame per sec has got a problem?
    I use a 1D Mk II and I don't even shoot at 8.5 fps. So far I've only use the multiburst mode <10 times

sigh... it onli goes to show how "mature" u are for linking things like these.. so are u also trying to figure why some in cs are using 1Ds mkII/D2x with a cheapo lens?? hahaha...

anyway.. do not say i din warn u... cases of mobile cams are on the rise and guess wat.. the men in blue are no longer targeting highways.. now its the small roads.. saw one hiding behind a power box along woodlands at 2am in the morning and another at the overhead bridge along bukit timah road at 10am
    The men in blue are leaving the highways to the white mice on bikes...
    eat. drink. shoot

Well, energy consumption goes mainly to the air-con and acceleration. Speed doesn't matter. a=v-u/t. In Singapore, there are lots of traffic lights, so acceleration is required most of the time, consuming a lot of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by xray
    Well, energy consumption goes mainly to the air-con and acceleration. Speed doesn't matter. a=v-u/t. In Singapore, there are lots of traffic lights, so acceleration is required most of the time, consuming a lot of energy.
    a=v-u/t

acceleration = velocity - ( initial speed / time ) ??
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    a=v-u/t

acceleration = velocity - ( initial speed / time ) ??
    Acceleration= (Final velocity - initial velocity)/time
    eat. drink. shoot

huh? physics class now?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by xray
    Your forgot road and air resistance.. also PE and KE due to +ve or -ve road gradient.

Finally.. you forgot the car's weight and energy efficiency and most importantly.... it GEARS ratios.

Last edited by CYRN; 4th October 2005 at 05:26 PM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

And the weight of the car, and the load it carries....

Anyway,

Juz like lenses... there's a "sweet spot" or optimum acceleration and speed curve for every car.

Gotta find out yourself.

As to why the cars are slow... in Sg roads.. dun be Hero... not worth to be "outstanding"
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    As to why the cars are slow... in Sg roads.. dun be Hero... not worth to be "outstanding"

This summarize the reason for road hogs...be careful guys, u only got 24 points to deduct...

Huh? I just came back sg for a break, no wonder I see all the cars so slow...to be a good citizen and considerate driver I regulate my speed from 80 to 120 km/h
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

It also goes to show how "stuck up" think you have to begin with.

Unlike the 1D, where whatever frame speed you use, it does not matters to the other around you. Except for perhaps the noise from the shutter clicks. Nobody else is effected or inconveinced by the choice.

The slow hogs are causing unnecessary delays on the road and on the outer 2 lanes too. Especially when the conditions allows for upto the specified speed limits.

Drive fast and critize you ? where got time .... chey, I leave it to the TP to handle that.
    If you are diving within speed limit and what the road conditions allows, why should you be afraid of TP ?

hahaha... is it a case of sour grapes i see here.. is there any rule that states that cars with big CC or expensive have to be driven at high speeds.. or do u have a case with ppl owning big/expensive cars here..

i don't see why a bmw, mercedes or even a lambo cannot be driven at slow speeds.. i think its a case of "red eye"/sour grapes with most singaporeans.. drive fast and u critise us being a bully/show off... drive slowly and we get critise as well.. wats ur problem..

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Acceleration= (Final velocity - initial velocity)/time
    ops... pai sae..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Yes traffic police are everywhere nowadays, so it is natural that everyone drives slowly now,
    As long as you don't exceed the speed limit and keep a safe distance to the car in front of you [1], why should one slow down in the presence of traffic police?

([1] is admittedly difficult, given that other drivers usually squeeze in when one attempts to keep a safe following distance)

Not all expressway speed limit is 90km, some are 90km and some are 80km, eg the PIE near Toa Payoh portion, and sometimes they will put up a temporary sign to state speed limit is 70km, maybe due to road works ahead.

I like to drive slow so that when people change lanes to try to overtake me, I speed up and make them speed through the speed-trap

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam
    I like to drive slow so that when people change lanes to try to overtake me, I speed up and make them speed through the speed-trap
    u are bad...

nxt time i will drive purposely slow in front of you...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast