Thread: ATA/IDE microdrive on camera

Default ATA/IDE microdrive on camera

Hi All,

I know this has been discussed in many places without any positive response but i still wanna try. Haiz recently i discovered in my shop a bunch of white elephants- 4gb flash drive (microdrive). Since i know there's no market for such products so i was thinking of extracting the microdrive inside and try on my camera.

Sad to say inside it shoulds that the microdrive is magicstor 4GB ATA/IDE. So just like the newer batch of micro drive in the muvo zen its not compatible with camera.

But i still hope someone kind soul has the solution to this problem. if anyone can give me a concrete advice that works, i'll give u a piece of this microdrive ($200) FOC.

Thanks

Default Re: ATA/IDE microdrive on camera

Quote Originally Posted by strength_n_honour
    Hi All,

I know this has been discussed in many places without any positive response but i still wanna try. Haiz recently i discovered in my shop a bunch of white elephants- 4gb flash drive (microdrive). Since i know there's no market for such products so i was thinking of extracting the microdrive inside and try on my camera.

Sad to say inside it shoulds that the microdrive is magicstor 4GB ATA/IDE. So just like the newer batch of micro drive in the muvo zen its not compatible with camera.

But i still hope someone kind soul has the solution to this problem. if anyone can give me a concrete advice that works, i'll give u a piece of this microdrive ($200) FOC.

Thanks
    gimme 1 i try and see for you...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

haha i can loan u one to ry, trashed it and u pay me, not successful u return me, successful u keep it.

how about that?

haha i can loan u one to ry, trashed it and u pay me, not successful u return me, successful u keep it.

how about that?
    also can... sounds like fun... i think try on my F828 can liaoz...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    also can... sounds like fun... i think try on my F828 can liaoz...
    haha if u feel up to the challange come to my shop at peninsula plaza 04-63 (above CP). drop me an sms before u come so i make sure i'm there.

Hopefully this works and we'll enjoy cheap memory for everyone

haha if u feel up to the challange come to my shop at peninsula plaza 04-63 (above CP). drop me an sms before u come so i make sure i'm there.

Hopefully this works and we'll enjoy cheap memory for everyone
    anyway just for info formating at fat32 (cluster or non cluster) doesn't work. Have tried on both 300D and 20D.

Have you tried formatting using FAT32 (off a card reader), using larger cluster sizes, and then using it in a digicam ? This could work ... this is the trick used for cameras that don't support FAT32 (like Fuji S2Pro).

At worst case, you can probably sell them as storage ... either standalone or bundle them with PC-card readers.

Good luck on your quest, it's painful to "waste" working equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by ericp
    Have you tried formatting using FAT32 (off a card reader), using larger cluster sizes, and then using it in a digicam ? This could work ... this is the trick used for cameras that don't support FAT32 (like Fuji S2Pro).

At worst case, you can probably sell them as storage ... either standalone or bundle them with PC-card readers.

Good luck on your quest, it's painful to "waste" working equipment.
    I've tried formatting it in fat32 (by the way by dafault its fat 32), i'd also format it in different cluster size but to no results.. haiz if really nothing can be done i'll clear it off cheap.