Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 117

Thread: Lui quits

  1. #81
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,368

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Today's Straits Times has an interesting article by Han Fook Kwang on Lui's resignation:

    http://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/...than-transport

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Initially I thought LTY quitting was a genuine move for being accountable. . From the recent news coverage on this.. it has become more of a political plan for elections by his party..

  3. #83
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanlio View Post
    Initially I thought LTY quitting was a genuine move for being accountable. . From the recent news coverage on this.. it has become more of a political plan for elections by his party..
    LYY quitting politics is partly to satisfy his thirst to explore the world and to find out about himself.

    He wants to do something more transcendental, enlightening and more spiritually challenging than taking charge of making the trains running on time and without breakdowns.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Today's Straits Times has an interesting article by Han Fook Kwang on Lui's resignation:

    http://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/...than-transport

    As someone said, once the tree has fallen, all the the monkeys will be scattered ......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  5. #85
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    As someone said, once the tree has fallen, all the the monkeys will be scattered ......
    In the jungle the mighty jungle......


  6. #86

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    ....... he has amassed a small fortune all these years as a cabinet minister .....enough for him to retire comfortably .......
    This is an unfair statement!

    Where does the fortune comes from?????

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    This is an unfair statement!

    Where does the fortune comes from?????
    What is unfair about this statement?

    Btw, long time no see .......
    Last edited by Zenten; 17th August 2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  8. #88
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    What is unfair about this statement?

    Btw, long time no see .......
    It's an unfair statement because practically everyone in Singapore has amassed a small fortune in the good and prosperous years created by the able leadership.

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    It's an unfair statement because practically everyone in Singapore has amassed a small fortune in the good and prosperous years created by the able leadership.
    ........ I think he is trying to tell us that Lui should not have more money than than what he (Yappy) has ......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  10. #90

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    ........ I think he is trying to tell us that Lui should not have more money than than what he (Yappy) has ......
    well.. he can be the next transport minister then

  11. #91
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    well.. he can be the next transport minister then
    And Zenten be the next SMRT President and CEO.

    And Hanzohattori the next SMRT Chairman.

    Last edited by Sion; 17th August 2015 at 08:30 PM.

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    And Zenten be the next SMRT President and CEO.

    And Hanzohattori the next SMRT Chairman.

    .... you have to get approval from our new transport minister first.......

    Btw, you will be the permanent secretary to the transport minister....
    Last edited by Zenten; 17th August 2015 at 11:31 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  13. #93
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    .... you have to get approval from our new transport minister first.......

    Btw, you will be the permanent secretary to the transport minister....
    In that case the whole ministry will be full of Kopitiam kaki whose qualifications are their expertise with Nikon and Canon.

  14. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

    In that case the whole ministry will be full of Kopitiam kaki whose qualifications are their expertise with Nikon and Canon.
    Discrimination!!! Only canon and Nikon fan boys can be hired??!!

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Discrimination!!! Only canon and Nikon fan boys can be hired??!!
    .....as long as can shoot .........anybody or body also can ..............
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    .....as long as can shoot .........anybody or body also can ..............

    Forgot to add that candidate must be able to take all the crap dished out by fellow KPT kakis ......................
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  17. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post

    .....as long as can shoot .........anybody or body also can ..............
    Ok. Sounds fair enough. But must qualify shoot what. Must say shoot pics......

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Ok. Sounds fair enough. But must qualify shoot what. Must say shoot pics......

    ...... go google "shoot" first ....... LOL
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  19. #99

    Default Re: Lui quits

    http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...il-disruptions

    Conscripted NSFs to provide labor to listed SMRT and shareholders should major breakdowns occur.

  20. #100
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Lui quits

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...il-disruptions

    Conscripted NSFs to provide labor to listed SMRT and shareholders should major breakdowns occur.
    Students will be used as human barriers to control the crowds.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •