Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 38111213141518233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Sentosa Thread XXVIII (28) - markccm 26:1114 "Parfume de Excreta" (The Beginning...)

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XXVIII (28) - markccm 26:1114 "Parfume de Excreta" (The Beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Crash course:

Download netstumbler, recce your area to see what channels are in use (avoid these channels & configure your AP accordingly)

For some reason, some channels are also unstable (do download tests and pings to websites to ascertain the problem - observe the ping reply in "ms") ...might be possibly due to DECT phones in the area or some other reason (so far, got this problem with my friend's place near BT) 3 storey house with 1 AP... that one also case closed after extensive testing on different channels.

For the Dlink, you can either get a higher gain antenna, which is the only way out if your coverage sucks.

For the Linksys, google for Sveasoft's Alchemy or OpenWRT projects to increase your TX/RX power.

the problem is, i connect direct thru lan cable. sometimes halfway, no more connection.

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XXVIII (28) - markccm 26:1114 "Parfume de Excreta" (The Beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Errz
    the problem is, i connect direct thru lan cable. sometimes halfway, no more connection.
    ... weird... your 624+ problem .. update the firmware again see how? You're running BT?

... weird... your 624+ problem .. update the firmware again see how? You're running BT?
    yah. update liao also the same

Router problem then, use to run a Efficient Speedstream 5260 + USR 8000A router combo ... hung now and then due to BT. Response also quite slow until i upgraded to a 827 ...

Deregistered

What should I have for lunch? Sigh haven't get my pay .. no $$ sia.

Router problem then, use to run a Efficient Speedstream 5260 + USR 8000A router combo ... hung now and then due to BT. Response also quite slow until i upgraded to a 827 ...
    har? hmm..so should be my dlink router problem then? me on starhub cable not adsl

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    What should I have for lunch? Sigh haven't get my pay .. no $$ sia.
    sell ur aXe

Deregistered

sell ur aXe
    What aXe?

har? hmm..so should be my dlink router problem then? me on starhub cable not adsl
    Office colleague also using it with MOL 2K ... no issues ... suggest you bring back to Dlink for repairs.

you kow why i use Linux as router? cos i got that problem until i damn pissed....

Office colleague also using it with MOL 2K ... no issues ... suggest you bring back to Dlink for repairs.
    sian..so far neh.....

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    you kow why i use Linux as router? cos i got that problem until i damn pissed....
    Was previously using as well .. until i tasted the power of Cisco Systems ... never looked back since then ...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    Wow... NG pro got dedicated Linux as router??????

Can NG PRO teach me how to do that??

sian..so far neh.....
    Ayer Rajah right? ... DLink QC not good lah

Ayer Rajah right? ... DLink QC not good lah
    hmm. dlink got 'lifetime' warranty isit?

what other brand/model would u recommend.

Deregistered

Buy 3Com Routers.

Yeap .. DLink is ...

So far the best/stable router out there - Linksys WRT54G/GS ... i'm using 1 as well as quite a few other of my friends ... some using advanced routing and wireless bridging to bridge networks from 1 house to another ...
    Last edited by dEthANGeL; 4th October 2005 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Buy 3Com Routers.
    ... 3com's RMA is problematic .... and lead time takes too long.

So far the best/stable router out there - Linksys WRT54G/GS ... i'm using 1 as well as quite a few other of my friends ... some using advanced routing and wireless bridging to bridge networks from 1 house to another ...
    ok will see how much isit first.

ok will see how much isit first.
    90 odd if i'm not wrong