Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417223762 ... LastLast

Thread: Sentosa Thread XXVIII (28) - markccm 26:1114 "Parfume de Excreta" (The Beginning...)

Deregistered

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XXVIII (28) - markccm 26:1114 "Parfume de Excreta" (The Beginning...)

Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    Yeah, there seems to be a few revisions of it, mine should be the very old one.

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XXVIII (28) - markccm 26:1114 "Parfume de Excreta" (The Beginning...)

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    No leh... never drop ...
    it happened last time coz of the firmware, then it happened again because of the usb NIc..now I am not sure what is the problem..I tried using a PCI NIC but cannot work, the USB NIc can work but signal lost after a while..but it works fine if bypassing the wireless router and direct connect to the USB NIC

does the linksys speedbooster works???

Deregistered

does the linksys speedbooster works???
    I dunnoe.. mine is old version, no speedbooster or anything.

sian sian..waste $$ only!

Deregistered

sian sian..waste $$ only!
    Get a 2nd hand one lor. Or buy older technology, somehow older stuff tahan and last longer/better than the newer gen technology.

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XXVIII (28) - markccm 26:1114 "Parfume de Excreta" (The Beginning.

Hmm ... wanna sell the router? I'll take it from you ... gurantee can make it work again, using 1 of these in my home... no issues WRT54G v2.2 running on 3rd party firmware so far serving 2 laptops and 1 desktop with QoS running with my 827 router .. looking to do experiment with wireless bridging and possibly roaming

wait until then I sianz 1/2 already,
    imagine signal lost 1/2 way while you were downloading somethings?
    i using dlink 642+ (or isit 624+) . sometimes the line will drop also.. have to restart the router then ok.

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XXVIII (28) - markccm 26:1114 "Parfume de Excreta" (The Beginning.

Half the time signal drop due to:

1. Nearby AP using the same channel
    2. Original firmware problem *hint hint*

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Errz
    i using dlink 642+ (or isit 624+) . sometimes the line will drop also.. have to restart the router then ok.
    Just noticed PRO over 1K posts liao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Half the time signal drop due to:

1. Nearby AP using the same channel
    2. Original firmware problem *hint hint*
    original firmware problem? i update the firmware also still have problem.

original firmware problem? i update the firmware also still have problem.
    My colleague here in office has the same thing with his 624+ ... went over to his place.. did a survey .. changed his channel accordingly ... problem resolved.

Deregistered

My colleague here in office has the same thing with his 624+ ... went over to his place.. did a survey .. changed his channel accordingly ... problem resolved.
    Can come over my place help me tweak also???

Can come over my place help me tweak also???
    You guru of gurus ... still need me meh

change channel ah? step by step leh. i newbie.

Deregistered

You guru of gurus ... still need me meh
    That one is KO... I newbie ...

Just noticed PRO over 1K posts liao!!!
    huh? 1k? u got more than 1k post mah. urs is 20k+++++ leh.

That one is KO... I NikonKing ...

its not the clients that lost signals..but the main router signal lost ah...if client lost signals I can deal with it...
    usually when the activity LED blink means there are traffic from the PC mah..
    so now the problem is the LED blinks but no more activities after awhile..I need to off/on the router again before the signal comes back...

change channel ah? step by step leh. i newbie.
    Crash course:

Download netstumbler, recce your area to see what channels are in use (avoid these channels & configure your AP accordingly)

For some reason, some channels are also unstable (do download tests and pings to websites to ascertain the problem - observe the ping reply in "ms") ...might be possibly due to DECT phones in the area or some other reason (so far, got this problem with my friend's place near BT) 3 storey house with 1 AP... that one also case closed after extensive testing on different channels.

For the Dlink, you can either get a higher gain antenna, which is the only way out if your coverage sucks.

For the Linksys, google for Sveasoft's Alchemy or OpenWRT projects to increase your TX/RX power.