Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

Default Re: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

Its mid-week Champions leg night!

Hosting Wolfsburg at OT after a year's break.

1 October 2015 2:45 am.
    3 points is a must!

After 2 losses this morning by the English!
    Last edited by melvin; 30th September 2015 at 07:26 PM.

VAN GAAL WEIGHS UP WOLFSBURG OPTIONS

Louis van Gaal has revealed he must guard against tiredness as Wolfsburg become Manchester United's sixth opponents in 18 days.

Since beating Liverpool on 12 September, the Reds have had midweek fixtures following each weekend match in the Barclays Premier League and van Gaal admits he has concerns over the fitness of Michael Carrick, Ander Herrera and Antonio Valencia for tonight's Champions League encounter.

With a trip to Arsenal also on the horizon before the international break, the manager acknowledges he has some important choices to make.

"I have to consider if I want to use these players," van Gaal told MUTV in his exclusive pre-match interview. "We have to take care of the players because we are playing three matches every week.

"It's the accumulation of tiredness - we have to pay attention to that. I have to consider every week if I can use a player or not. Now Herrera, Carrick and Valencia have minor issues. We have to take a decision and I will take that, more or less, on Wednesday."

Van Gaal included several young players in his first-team training session on Tuesday, including Under-21 quartet Guillermo Varela, Donald Love, James Weir and Josh Harrop, but he suggested there will be no major surprises in his side.

When asked if any youth players will be in the squad, he replied: "In the squad? Of course. I think youngsters are always in the squad because, in my opinion, Anthony Martial is a youngster and Andreas Pereira is a youngster. Willo [James Wilson] and Jesse Lingard are youngsters too. So I believe that Manchester United always have youngsters in the squad but in the line-up? I don't know."

Match Preview

Looks like will have some changes ... got a feeling that Arsenal game will be priority...
    Last edited by melvin; 30th September 2015 at 07:57 PM.

Man. United 2-1 Wolfsburg
    Great first home win in CL goals from Mata n smalling as we come from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Man. United 2-1 Wolfsburg
    Great first home win in CL goals from Mata n smalling as we come from behind.
    rooney squandered a couple of chances..he was terrible.martial was good as expected and mata for me,was the man of the match.tough game but lucky we escape wt all 3 points.
    sunday is another big game.arsenal wanna bounce back frm their CL horrific performance.think MU should be happy to get a point at the emirates.

Quote Originally Posted by loath View Post
    rooney squandered a couple of chances..he was terrible.martial was good as expected and mata for me,was the man of the match.tough game but lucky we escape wt all 3 points.
    sunday is another big game.arsenal wanna bounce back frm their CL horrific performance.think MU should be happy to get a point at the emirates.
    Should bench Rooney a game or 2 to wakeup his idea! Think Mata played in a new position and he seems to be enjoying it recently creating and scoring goals!

i think andreas pereira should play this sunday and depay on the bench.depay needs to learn how to pass.most of the time he makes wrong decision.and yes, mata is playing like how he used to with chelsea.most creative so far..as for anthony'waste of money'martial,he can keep doing what hes been doing..impressive boy.

IT'S MATCH DAY!!! Away to Gunners but we must regain back our no.1 position!!!

2300hrs tonight!

Team to face Arsenal

United: De Gea, Young, Smalling, Blind, Darmian, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Rooney, Memphis, Martial

Subs: Romero, Jones, McNair, Schneiderlin, Valencia, Fellaini, Wilson.

GOAL Arsenal 1-0 Man Utd (6 mins). Alexis Sanchez brilliantly backheels in Mesut Ozil's cross.

Seems like we had a habit of conceding early goals!

2-0 in 7 mins..... WTF
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

GOAL Arsenal 2-0 Man Utd (7 mins). What a start from the Gunners! Mesut Ozil sidefoots in from The Walcott's pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    2-0 in 7 mins..... WTF
    Defenders are dreaming...

Good defeat to wake them up

3-0 sleep
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

GOAL Arsenal 3-0 Man Utd (20 mins). Alexis Sanchez hammers in a magnificent third goal, firing into the top corner

Game over

Lost now so they can wake up for the next 2 games with Everton n city!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Lost now so they can wake up for the next 2 games with Everton n city!
    1st n 2nd things need to do is bench Depay and sell Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    1st n 2nd things need to do is bench Depay and sell Rooney
    Agree.. Depay has been really disappointing.. I think Young will do a better job than him for now.. Depay usually doesn't know what to do with the ball besides dribbling in the final third.. Bench him..

Rooney should also be benched.. No more immunity because he is our captain.. Poor first touch and kept losing the ball yesterday.. He has been poor for months already..

We should give Pereira, Young, Wilson chances to play..

Oh.. Martial should be rested too.. Playing too much football will cause him to be burnt out early..

take a closer look at the game and you'll find that depay and rooney is not the only problem.have anyone wondered why bastian was sold to us cheaply?bayern smashed 5 against dortmund this morning.bastian only holds them back with his slow pace.united midfield was terrible,ran over by younger and hungrier players.carrick and bastian did not cope with the threats coming from midfield.utd was slow to react and their display was shambolic.i think besides benching depay and rooney, utd should do a liverpool and sack van gaal.giggs couldn't do worst than yesterday.darian and smalling woke up after 3-0..way too late.arsenal could easily made it 7 goals to humiliate us.terrible performance and wrong tactics from van gaal.arsenal have never scored 3 against utd in the top flight and this is the first time utd conceded 3 goals within 15 minutes of play.congrats van gaal, u made a couple more infamous records for us..

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast