Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 163136394041

Thread: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

Default Re: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

MANCHESTER UNITED 0 EVERTON 0

Wayne Rooney Testimonial | 3 August 2016 | Old Trafford

Manchester United and Everton played out a goalless draw in Wayne Rooney’s testimonial match as Old Trafford paid tribute to the captain's 12 trophy-laden years at the club.

United: De Gea (Romero 64), Valencia (Darmian 64), Bailly (Jones 46), Blind (Mata 64), Shaw (Rojo 46), Carrick (Schneiderlin 46), Herrera (Fellaini 46), Lingard (Young 46), Rooney (Rashford 53), Martial (Mkhitaryan 46), Ibrahimovic (Memphis 64). Sub not used: Johnstone.

More Report

This time round Rooney did not play for Everton ...

And as they say this game is not about goals is about Rooney.
    Last edited by melvin; 4th August 2016 at 09:37 PM.

Other then the usual Pogba rumours ...

boring rumours:

Manchester United are waiting to see if Hull City will intensify their efforts to sign Phil Jones on a year's loan.

Marcos Rojo has no interest in leaving Manchester United

Not much of rumour except Paul Pogba's world-record transfer to Manchester United is complete, and will be announced when he returns from holiday.
    Last edited by melvin; 5th August 2016 at 09:21 PM.

Who will Jose play tom in the Charity Shield against Leicester City? As MU fans, we certainly want it more than the latter. Hope Jose has the right combination and strategy for MU first trophy in the coming new EPL season. All eyes on MU more than ever after the overhaul of manager, coaches and players. MU MU all the way, best of luck, sometimes is needed for this game to us.

Not much of Rumours

Jose Mourinho says if he had been named Manchester United manager earlier they could have signed Renato Sanches.

"Hopefully by next week we will have our squad closed," says Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho

Mourinho hints paul pogba's deal to Man Utd is close.

The Boss have spoken ...

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho believes Leicester's fairytale Premier League success would not be possible in other countries.

The new United boss does not expect Leicester to retain their title but feels it is the kind of unlikely story that could happen again.
    "This is the only country where everybody wants this to happen, and it's the only country where the football structures allow this to happen," he said.
    "In other countries, the powerful clubs don't want this to happen - they don't want to share the money, the television rights.

Jose Mourinho has taken a swipe at rival bosses Arsene Wenger and Jurgen Klopp over comments made in relation to the transfer value of Manchester United target Paul Pogba.

Arsenal boss Wenger and Liverpool manager Klopp have questioned the world-record fee of 100million reported to be the amount necessary to sign the France midfielder from Juventus.
    Pogba's pending transfer is expected to be completed next week, but speaking ahead of Manchester United's FA Community Shield fixture against Leicester on Sunday, Mourinho described rival managers talking openly about Manchester United as "unethical".
    "I don't like to speak about other clubs, or about players from other clubs," the Manchester United manager said.
    "Other managers like to do that. They like to speak about my club and my players. I am very pragmatic on this. The only thing that matters for me is what happens in my house, not in the house of my neighbours.

Jose Mourinho says he needs time to change the mentality of the players who were coached by his predecessor Louis van Gaal.

Mourinho took over as United boss in May as successor to the sacked Van Gaal, who was criticised by supporters for his style of play at Old Trafford.
    Mourinho was keen to stress his own philosophy was simply "different" to Van Gaal's rather than better - and he admits that fans will have to be patient before they see the work he is doing with the squad.
    He said: "My teams are different to Mr Van Gaal's teams.
    "I want to make it clear that I am not saying my teams are better or have better ideas or my principles of play are better. Not at all.
    "My teams are different to Mr Van Gaal, and it is a difficult situation to change the dynamics. It would be easier for me to have 20 new players and start from zero. For two years, they had some principles of play that are not mine - clearly, they are not.

We are going to Wembley

UNITED V LEICESTER CITY
    7 August 2016 at 11:00:00 PM SGT

"ONE GAME, ONE TROPHY," DEMANDS IBRAHIMOVIC

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is adopting a single-minded approach to Sunday's Community Shield showdown with Premier League champions Leicester City, as the summer signing targets the first piece of silverware in his Manchester United career.

The Swedish striker will make his competitive debut in the Wembley encounter and has left no doubt as to his motives for joining the Reds on a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain.

When asked by MUTV if the stage will be perfect for somebody of his stature, he answered: "Let’s see. I mean I believe it’s the first trophy game against Leicester. One game, one trophy. I’m used to winning trophies. I didn’t come here to waste time.

"That is the first trophy game and that is the first trophy we will bring home. For me, every trophy is very serious. I have collected 30 trophies and I want to collect more of them. I’m not satisfied until I collect everything. That’s what we play for. I play to win.

"Wherever I came, they also play to win. I didn’t come here to lose time. I came here to win. I believe the philosophy is the same for the club, especially a club like this. They are made to win.

"That is the way it is. The first game, one game and one trophy. I’ve played with the national team in England against Sweden and it’s a huge stadium so I’m looking forward to that also."

Here we go, less than 10 mins. Community Shield will be Mu first trophy under Jose. Certainly, would like to see Zlatan score the winner.

Starting XI

De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Rooney, Martial, Ibrahimovic.

Not exactly the strongest but ... lets see ...

32nd min: Jesse Lingard surged through the Leicester defence and beat Schmeichel with a composed finish. He loves a stunner at Wembley!
    Last edited by melvin; 7th August 2016 at 11:48 PM.

Some half time rumours:

OFFICIAL: Man United have confirmed that Paul Pogba is set to undergo a medical at the club.

Manchester United's Antonio Valencia is reportedly wanted by Galatasaray for 1.3m
    Galatasaray want to sign Manchester United midfielders Bastian Schweinsteiger and Antonio Valencia for 4.25m.

52' - Goal. Leicester 1 Man Utd FC 1. Jamie Vardy pounces on a loose ball, rounds De Gea and slots in.

Fellaini ... What on earth was he thinking ?
    Last edited by melvin; 8th August 2016 at 12:18 AM.

83min: Valencia sent over the cross and Ibra rose highest to head past Schmeichel via the post. Debut goal!

Ibra + Valencia = goal these days

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    Here we go, less than 10 mins. Community Shield will be Mu first trophy under Jose. Certainly, would like to see Zlatan score the winner.

Bro spot on! lol ...

FT: Leicester 1 Man Utd FC 2. Goals from Jesse Lingard and Ibra help us clinch the Community Shield!

Indeed a good start to a new season.

just before seasons starts

Pual Pogba will be wearing the no.6.

Paul Pogba costs the 89m ...

Schweinsteiger, Blind, Mata and Rojo could all leave Manchester United now that Paul Pogba's transfer is complete.
    Juan Mata expected to stay at Man Utd beyond current transfer window.

Out going transfer rumours:

Manchester United are confident of finding a buyer for Germany midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger before the transfer deadline.

Manchester United want Juan Mata to stay this summer but are keen for Adnan Januzaj to go out on loan.

Manchester United's Adnan Januzaj is close to joining Sunderland on a season-long loan.

Confirm:
    Sunderland have signed both Donald Love & Paddy McNair from Man Utd for 5.5m.
    Donald Love and Paddy McNair have both signed four-year deals at Sunderland.

Rather than keep unhappy players like Juan Mata and others not in Jose books, must well let them go. Its of no use keeping them. Nobody is indispensable right. Its always business in nature. Hope those who leave MU will find better pastures elsewhere. Remember they may have been contributed to MU one way or another. I wish them all well in their future endeavors.

With the new season coming up this weekend lets close this thread and hope on to the new one.

Lets continue here

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 163136394041