Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 72227303132333437 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

Default Re: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

72' - Marcus Rashford is forced to leave the pitch after picking up an injury and is replaced by Ashley Young.

78' - Goal. Palace 1 Man utd 0. Jason Puncheon scores.

ok thats it game over!
    Last edited by melvin; 22nd May 2016 at 11:24 AM.

Shite performance

81 min
    Great run from Rooney, Fellaini chests it down and Mata finds the net via a deflection. 1-1 ... 2 goals in 3min!
    Last edited by melvin; 22nd May 2016 at 02:20 AM.

We are fortunate to equalize. Looks like its our day after all. Should be able to finish off before extra time ends. Martial will score and be our hero again.

110' - GOOOOOAL! JESSE LINGARD!

FT: Palace 1 Man Utd 2. and we've won the Cup with 10 men!

Great effort from Valencia and a touch pass from Martial to Lingard who blast in superb goal!

ok back to reality ... we need 110 mins to win the game hmm...Lets look at stats:

STATS AT FULL-TIME
    POSSESSION: Palace 33% United 67%
    SHOTS AT TARGET: Palace 14 United 24
    SHOTS ON TARGET: Palace 6 United 3
    CORNERS: Palace 8 United 12

THE TEAMS

United: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Rojo (Darmian 66'), Carrick, Fellaini, Mata (Lingard 90'), Rooney, Martial, Rashford (Young 72').
    Subs not used: Romero, Jones, Schneiderlin, Herrera.
    Booked: Smalling (sent off), Rojo, Mata, Fellaini, Lingard

It will be great if LVG announce his retirement tomorrow and JM take over!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    We are fortunate to equalize. Looks like its our day after all. Should be able to finish off before extra time ends. Martial will score and be our hero again.

Martial didn't score but assist!

I want to congratulate our victory on another FA Cup winners. However, the manner which we won is very concerned to our performance next season. On hindsight, we created enough chances but no finishing not by Rooney or Martial, Lingrad in over 70 mins. We simply cannot carry on this style of play which ever formation we adopted and end up 4-4-1 when Smalling committed a very silly red carded offense. Time and time again we need to come back from behind and heroics of goalkeeper De Gea to thank for. Short of an overhaul of the team, first LVG needs to go, players got to seat down and review their inefficiencies over the season. Smalling needs to go, too slow and clumsy, reading of the game is not up to mark. Fellaini needs to go, long balls for him to knock down cannot work anymore in EPL. Mata lack of ideas, Lingrad and Rashford still young, Martial needs to be more explosive and accurate in his shooting and heading. He must control his arrogance about himself being the star and always wait for others to feed him the balls, Andy Carrick lack of games and control, Valancia is running all over but not creative enough, Rooney must command his team players more, be more assertive in leadership etc... Manager potential - Ryan Giggs must go too and find better pastures to gain more experiences in management... Its a lot of work but our objective is to gun for EPL title 2017 and return to UCL 2018, nothing is more important not winning another League or FA Cup can surpass the former targets. Lets enjoy the FA Cup victory now. Wait for the announcement of new manager....I hope

Rumours are spreading very fast in England,appointment of new manager is going to announce very soon..

Rumours: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, John Stones, Andre Gomes all on Jose's radar. If he is appointed ... and if its true Giggs will be leaving ...Hope we have some good news soon as time will not be on our side tons of things to do Euro is round the corner ...

Lvg sacked !!!
    Best news of the season
    Wiki update very fast lol
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C.
    Last edited by coolhirako; 23rd May 2016 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Lvg sacked !!!
    Best news of the season

wow....the musical chairs continues! Mou should do well for ManU i think
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf are reporting Zlatan Ibrahimovic has joined Manchester United.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    wow....the musical chairs continues! Mou should do well for ManU i think
    We shall see ...

Lvg sacked !!!
    Best news of the season
    Wiki update very fast lol
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C.

Way too fast lol ... think they are also Man Utd supporters ...

LOUIS VAN GAAL LEAVES MANCHESTER UNITED

(NYSE: MANU) Louis van Gaal is to leave Manchester United, with immediate effect.

Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said: "I would like to thank Louis and his staff for their excellent work in the past two years culminating in winning a record-equalling 12th FA Cup for the club (and securing him a title in four different countries). He has behaved with great professionalism and dignity throughout his time here. He leaves us with a legacy of having given several young players the confidence to show their ability on the highest stage. Everyone at the club wishes him all the best in the future."

A decision on a successor as manager will be announced soon.

Official Statement

LOUIS VAN GAAL STATEMENT

Louis van Gaal issued the following statement at 20:30 BST this evening (Monday 23 May)...

It has been an honour to manage such a magnificent club as Manchester United FC, and in doing so, I have fulfilled a long-held ambition.

I am immensely proud to have helped United win the FA Cup for the 12th time in the club's history. I have been privileged during my management career to have won 20 trophies but winning the FA Cup, which is steeped in so much history, will always be one of the most special achievements of my career.

I am very disappointed to be unable to complete our intended three-year plan. I believe that the foundations are firmly in place to enable the club to move forward and achieve even greater success.

I hope that winning the FA Cup will give the club a platform to build upon next season to restore the success that this passionate set of fans desire.

Having managed in Holland, Spain and Germany, I had always hoped for the opportunity to manage in English football and be part of English culture. Both of these experiences have lived up to expectations and been fantastic.

I thank my players and wish them well for next season. It has been a pleasure to work with them and it has been particularly rewarding to see so many young players take their chance to break into the first team and excel. I look forward to watching the continued development of these young players next season.

Thank you to the owners and board of Manchester United for giving me the opportunity to manage this great club.

I would also like to express my gratitude to the amazing United supporters. They are truly the best fans in the world.

I am indebted to my support and coaching staff, who have given me their all during their time at the club.

I am deeply grateful to each and every member of the club’s staff - the sports science team, the medical team, the kit and laundry department, club administration, the press office, the manager's team, the Academy team, ground staff and the catering team, both at Old Trafford stadium and Carrington training ground, all of whom have given me their unwavering support in my time at United. Never in my 25 years as a manager have I been so well supported in my role.

Finally, my special thanks go to Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Charlton for always making me and my family feel so welcome throughout my time as Manchester United manager.

LVG Statement

Thanks LVG for the 2 season n FA Cup.
    Last edited by melvin; 24th May 2016 at 10:34 AM.

The only good about LVG was giving chance for youngster...
    Perhaps that he got no other choices too lol

The only good about LVG was giving chance for youngster...
    Perhaps that he got no other choices too lol
    Hahaha ... its all because he sold of more then 50% of the original team ... and his training resulted in injuries to first teams ... forced to use the youths ... and he broke the record fielded the most youth in our history!

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 72227303132333437 ... LastLast