Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

Default Re: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

These movements are of no use to us. The current A team remains the same. We did not get any central mid-fielder, another striker and play maker.. There was nothing. LVG will wait till this summer, provided he is still around. Let's hope the current squad can hold out till end season and hopefully get a spot in UCL. Other lower placed clubs however are more pragmatic and strengthen their team except for Liverpool and Aston Villa who virtually did not do anything. ESPN rated them 1 out of 10. And MU is only 3 out of 10 in January transfer windows headline movers. We need to beat Stoke later today to show that the form in FA Cup is sustainable.

They have! I cant believe the scoreline. Maybe this year I will finally win the CNY toto. Hahaha

May be the next game they would back to normal ?

MANCHESTER UNITED 3 STOKE CITY 0
    Scorers: Lingard 14', Martial 23', Rooney 53'

more report here

Finally we ended 0-0 first half jinx ... lol ...
    Last edited by melvin; 6th February 2016 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    May be the next game they would back to normal ?
    Next away at Stamford Bridge ... interesting as both are slowly back to winning ways of cos chelsea is with new signing.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Next away at Stamford Bridge ... interesting as both are slowly back to winning ways of cos chelsea is with new signing.
    Good to see Rooney back in form. Man U still in with a shout to make top 4, good call to keep faith with LVG for now. Should be a good game next.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    Good to see Rooney back in form. Man U still in with a shout to make top 4, good call to keep faith with LVG for now. Should be a good game next.
    LVG record against Hiddink not impressive lei ...

I hope LVG does not go back to a more defensive formation. When Chelsea plays against a stronger team, its dangerous to defend. Will be delighted to see Rooney score some more goals. And MU continues to strengthen with a win against Chelsea confidently.

Rumours in spain JM will be taking over LVG next season ...

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Rumours in spain JM will be taking over LVG next season ...
    I feel bad for Mata

I m more concern MU making it top 4 and onto UCL next season. If we make it, who knows, LVG may still be around till 2017 summer. Dont bet against it given the situation MU Board has been sticking to LVG even after a span of unprecedented negative results so far.

As long as LVG don't dictate how the team play, as long as the lads play good football....
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Under LVG good players become ordinary,under SAF ordinary players become special

In Memorial of Munich 6th Feb 1958

THE MEN WE LOST AT MUNICH

The Munich air disaster on 6 February 1958 claimed the lives of 23 passengers and crew. Here, ManUtd.com remembers the eight Manchester United players and three officials who died, through the words of those who knew them best.

Roger Byrne - aged 28, full-back. 277 appearances, 19 goals.
    "An aristocratic footballer, majestic in his movement. Roger was so fast but at the same time he controlled his movement beautifully, like Nureyev." - Sir Matt Busby

Eddie Colman - aged 21, half-back. 107 appearances, 2 goals.
    "Eddie was a chirpy lad and a terrific player. He pushed the ball - never kicked it - and he jinked past players. He was known for his swivel hips." - Wilf McGuinness

David Pegg - aged 22, forward. 148 appearances, 28 goals.
    "David would have been a great asset to any team because he was a natural left-flank player. David was very, very clever. Our best left-winger by a mile." - Sir Matt Busby

Mark Jones - aged 24, half-back. 120 appearances, 1 goal.
    "Yorkshireman Mark was a really lovely fellow, but my word he was a tough nut, and nobody took any liberties with him on or off the field." - Bill Foulkes

Tommy Taylor - aged 26, forward. 189 appearances, 128 goals.
    "I rate him as one of the all-time, best centre-forwards in the game, and he had yet to realise all his potential. He was a typically bluff Yorkshireman in many ways, often acting the clown, and a great team man." - Bill Foulkes

Duncan Edwards - aged 21, half-back. 175 appearances, 21 goals.
    "When I used to hear Muhammad Ali proclaim to the world he was the greatest, I used to smile. The greatest of them all was a footballer named Duncan Edwards." - Jimmy Murphy. "The only player who ever made me feel inferior." - Sir Bobby Charlton

Geoff Bent - aged 25, full-back. 12 appearances.
    "When Geoff matured and reached his twenties there were many clubs after him but he stayed loyal. He could look after himself and was a great tackler. Roger Byrne was a consistent player and very brave, that was the reason Geoff got so few games, but he was good enough to hold a regular place in any team." - Jimmy Murphy

Liam 'Billy' Whelan - aged 22, forward. 96 appearances, 52 goals.
    "Billy was a magician with a ball at his feet. I really don't think he knew how good he was and how much better he could have become. A world-class forward. There is no doubt about that. His vision and passing was sheer class." - Albert Scanlon

Walter Crickmer, club secretary / Tom Curry, trainer / Bert Whalley, coach
    "Walter Crickmer always reminded me of a little dynamo, nothing was too much trouble. Tom Curry was someone we looked up to like a father. And Bert Whalley was certainly a tremendous help to me when I was a part-timer." - Bill Folks

Those were the days when our full back and half back were scoring goals like nothing so unlike now!

Traveling to Stamford Bridge
    8 February 2016 at 12:00:00 AM
    Last edited by melvin; 7th February 2016 at 05:34 PM.

Kicking off with the squad

Mufc XI: De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rooney
    subs: Romero, McNair, Varela, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Pereira, Memphis

Having quite a good start!

0-0 at HT

Due to both GK

Jesse Lingard opens the scoring. Beautifully struck goal 1 touch turn around volley!

Jesse Lingard has scored three goals from his last four shots on target in the Premier League.
    Last edited by melvin; 8th February 2016 at 01:40 AM.

GOAL Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd (90+1 mins). Diego Costa follows up to tap in after his initial effort is blocked by Borthwick-Jackson

Memphis came in 2 mins for goal scorer to concede that injury time goal!

Its the wrong timing for the change where defenders are needed to defend for the last few minutes, what's the use of the Memphis change, the fans and I dont understand it. To waste some more time, that should be right call. I guess LVG does not have such delaying tactics and hence we lost it the 2 crucial points again. LVG made the call and nobody else. Its so silly to concede equalizer with so little time left. That also shows our depth in play to hold out matches. Who's at fault, its not the players, LVG must be responsible for the wrong tactic play. Sadly, the match we should have won, so near and yet so far............hope MU and board dont regret it now and sticking on to LVG.

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast