Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

Default Re: Man Utd XVIII: Back to challenge the silverware!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Pass... Pass... Pass.... Pass... Pass...

Yawn....
    That's damn true..

Passing and possession doesn't win games..
    Why doesn't LVG understand?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOUIS VAN GAAL: LEICESTER REACTION

Louis van Gaal spoke to Sky Sports and MUTV following the 1-1 draw away at Leicester City...

Reds could have won
    I am not happy with a point because we were the better team. We dominated for 90 minutes but we have drawn. I have the feeling that we could have won this game. I've said to my players - this kind of match you have to win if you want to be champions at the end of the season.

Vardy's opener
    You can imagine that we have prepared [to stop] that because that is Leicester's quality. We knew in advance that they are fantastic at counter-attacking. It was unbelievable that it could happen, especially after a corner kick. We gave the goal away, but it is also the quality of Vardy. We had sensible organisation for the corner kick, but still we conceded the goal so that’s a disappointment.

Improved quality of set-pieces
    This is because of the taker, Daley Blind. When you deliver that well you can always be dangerous. It was the same against PSV. We changed the taker and that's the reason.

More chances needed
    Yes, that we know. In the third or fourth phase we have to create more, but it is difficult because you have seen where Leicester City stand on the pitch – it was in the 60 metre area. That is a lot of bodies in front of you, but we have created the chances to beat them. We could have scored in the second half when Schweinsteiger headed for the second time and if Memphis controls [the ball] better [for his chance] then it's a goal. We have to wait for the moment that we do that.

Rooney's substitution
    Wayne was a little bit injured, you saw him limping. I also wanted to change a striker because they were not running in behind. I could have taken off [Anthony] Martial because he didn’t do that either, so that is why I changed Rooney, because he was a little bit injured.

[URL="http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Nov/Manager-reaction-louis-van-gaal-reflects-on-leicester-city-v-manchester-united.aspx"]Boss reaction .../URL]

hmm.......

VAN GAAL EXPLAINS TACTICAL TWEAK

Louis van Gaal has explained to MUTV why he opted for a change in formation for Saturday's 1-1 draw at Leicester City.

The Reds initially looked to be fielding a flat back four with Daley Blind at left-back, but he soon played centrally with Ashley Young dropping into a wing-back role. Matteo Darmian was on the opposite flank with the outstanding Chris Smalling and Paddy McNair also in the middle with Blind.

Injuries to Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo have upset the manager's defensive plans and the system was deployed with a view to nullifying the threat of Jamie Vardy, who scored the opening goal, and Shinji Okazaki.

More here ...

ROONEY & ROJO INJURED FOR WEST HAM TEST

Louis van Gaal has told MUTV that Manchester United duo Wayne Rooney and Marcos Rojo are both injured for Saturday’s Barclays Premier League encounter with West Ham at Old Trafford.

Rooney sustained an ankle problem during last weekend’s 1-1 draw against Leicester City and is unavailable to face the Hammers. That means the captain will have to wait to register his 500th Reds appearance, an impressive landmark that only nine other United players have achieved.

Van Gaal also confirmed that Rojo dislocated his shoulder in training on Wednesday and is facing a spell on the sidelines, though the duration is still unclear. The Argentina international suffered the same injury during last season’s Manchester derby at the Etihad Stadium and missed around four weeks of action.

more ...

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    ROONEY & ROJO INJURED FOR WEST HAM TEST

Louis van Gaal has told MUTV that Manchester United duo Wayne Rooney and Marcos Rojo are both injured for Saturday’s Barclays Premier League encounter with West Ham at Old Trafford.

Rooney sustained an ankle problem during last weekend’s 1-1 draw against Leicester City and is unavailable to face the Hammers. That means the captain will have to wait to register his 500th Reds appearance, an impressive landmark that only nine other United players have achieved.

more ...
    Good news ? Hehe

In view of the injury crisis..

Let's guess the lineup for today..

De Gea
    McNair Smalling Blind Young
    Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger
    Mata Fellaini Martial
    Depay

The team is really thin now.

Mufc XI: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Fellaini, Lingard, Martial

subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Varela, Carrick, Pereira, Young, Memphis

Schneiderlin latest to join the injury hit list!

All possession but no penetration.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    All possession but no penetration.
    Get ready to be knocked out of champions league if we continue like this in midweek against Wolfsburg.

Got boo-ed again at full time..

LVG to be sacked if we get knocked out of champions league..
    If we survive then LVG survives to live another day..

Am I the only one who think that West Ham showed more thrill during the game?

United's travelling squad to Germany:
    David De Gea, Sergio Romero; Paddy McNair, Chris Smalling, Guillermo Varela, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Daley Blind, Matteo Darmian; Bastian Schweinsteiger, Michael Carrick, Sean Goss, Nick Powell, Ashley Young, Jesse Lingard, Andreas Pereira, Juan Mata; Memphis Depay, Marouane Fellaini, Anthony Martial.

only 19 players travel ...

More ...
    Last edited by melvin; 8th December 2015 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vengels View Post
    Get ready to be knocked out of champions league if we continue like this in midweek against Wolfsburg.

Got boo-ed again at full time..

LVG to be sacked if we get knocked out of champions league..
    If we survive then LVG survives to live another day..
    I dun think he will be booted if we didn't qualify ... most likely united will let him see out his contract i.e. 18 months to go!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    Am I the only one who think that West Ham showed more thrill during the game?
    Totally correct. And that's with 3 of their first choice attackers out of the game

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    I dun think he will be booted if we didn't qualify ... most likely united will let him see out his contract i.e. 18 months to go!
    True.. Hopefully we can start scoring some goals tonight..

Its CL night
    WOLFSBURG V UNITED
    9 December 2015 at 3:45:00 AM

Can we field Owen tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by vengels View Post
    True.. Hopefully we can start scoring some goals tonight..
    Yes urgently in need of goals tonight!

Not just tonight.... :-(
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Rumors in UK says that Rooney consumed alcohol b4 match day (either Leicester or West Ham) and this led to him being declared injured.

Disciplinarian LVG is pissed.